Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Please delete thread......

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Please delete thread......
July 30, 2020 09:10PM
I let Aarons fat joke comments get under my skin …Time will tell how this detector performs and how people take to it. I will never buy one some I am done with it....Unless of course the others want to keep on with the insults..... I am gonna take down the video. Tom please delete this thread.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 05:07PM by calabash digger.
Re: My main reason for not buying the Tarsacci....
July 30, 2020 09:35PM
????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 09:25PM by Woodbutcher.
July 30, 2020 09:49PM
Quick question, I see the Tarsacci has user interface, but can it be updated like the Nox?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 09:54PM by DJW-OR.
July 30, 2020 09:51PM
Cal dont let one bad apple steer your freedom of choice. Do what you want. To me if its not a Pulse machine or true multi-frequency (Minelab) its just another single frequency VLF. This includes Nokta, Tarsacci, XP, and Vista. Heard it said that the MD-Tech is a combination of VLF and Pulse. If it finds stuff call it what you want. I mainly coin shoot.....just not for me.
July 30, 2020 09:59PM
Heck Cala, if you really want one, get one from a different dealer. I would never let one dealer get in the way of a detector if I really wanted it.
When I saw the heading , I assumed the MDT would not work well in your mild soil.
Don't let personal insults ruin your day. It happens to us all at one point or another.
HH
July 30, 2020 10:38PM
He also took a stab at Badger and I don't think Badger ever said anything bad about anyone on here.
The POST seemed RUDE to me:

Badger, how do you know all this data on the Tarsacci?
Certainly it could NOT be from your vast amount of time you spent w your Tarsacci?
According to your own words you only used it 20 times. Hmmm, did you ever charge the second battery?
So please, stop commenting on the Tarsacci like you really KNEW how to run it.

Aaron

(According to your own words..)
Badger-
I've decided to sell my Tarsacci. I haven't been beach hunting as much as I had hoped which is what I bought it for. Our beaches have been sanded in for two winters in a row and I don't see that improving any time soon. I've been very pleased with its performance on the wet sand where it tested inches deeper than the Equinox but with the beaches the way they are, the detector isn't being used.

Excellent condition. Used less than 20 times. Never submerged or rained on.

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 10:44PM by GreenMeanie.
July 30, 2020 11:21PM
Play the ball, not the player.
There's no need to shame anyone over their appearance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 11:34PM by ghound.
July 30, 2020 11:25PM
While the weight comment is out of bounds blame the person not the company! You were hating the EQ last week so what changed? You need to have a MDT in your hands for awhile and not judge from someone that from my interpretation didn't have it long. When you have a machine that you like already its easy to use it as a go to and not give the new platform MD a chance. The 8000 was developed for the beach but soon came to light how it handled tough soil and its fast recovery worked well in iron situations. Its has features that resemble a VLF in labeling it is not and they work differently because its not the same type platform. I have ordered my second one because it is a unique machine and that's part of the hobby to me trying different MD's and boy have I. That's a reason there are so many models because one size doesn't fir all. I hope you will keep an open mind on the MD and not let it cloud your vision of a new tech. JR
July 31, 2020 12:23AM
All I asked was to be shown the footage of it spanking the Equinox because I felt it was being hyped up.... It has been out 18 months there should be videos flooding youtube by now if that is the case..

Like some of the other detectors that have went by the wayside....
I find it very curious that there are NO REAL videos of putting a butt whooping on the Equinox. I was also told to do my own comparison videos... which I also found very odd....

Your correct I do not like the fact that the Equinoxs leak but I have never complained about the way it performs..

As far as me needing one the Expert done said I aint gonna see no advantage in my mild dirt...

I am making my judgement on whats being said with no PROOF to back it up... NOT HARD TO FILM A DETECTOR WHIPPING ANOTHER ONE WHEN IT IS THAT MUCH BETTER AT A CERTAIN TASK...just saying.

I will feed you for free if you bring yours by next time you come to eat. You can run the Tarsacci and I will run the Equinox and we can test them in the garden and then ride up to my iron and modern trash loaded 1817 site and compare them in the wild.
Just give me the heads up when you coming...

BTW If I was trying to sell a start up company detector and it could whip the most popular detector made every video I did would be of it whipping the snot out of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 12:24AM by calabash digger.
July 31, 2020 12:28AM
I recall you saying that a few on here were liars and performing magic tricks and optical illusions on the use of the Tarasacci to talk it up to get sales. Tom even came out and said that you would get no advantage of getting one with the low mineral soil you have. Myself I'm still on the fence about getting one. But I hope to meet up with Keith soon to try one out. I hope he doesn't try pulling a rabbit out of his hat on me. LOL
July 31, 2020 12:37AM
88junior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recall you saying that a few on here were liars
> and performing magic tricks and optical illusions
> on the use of the Tarasacci to talk it up to get s
> ales. Tom even came out and said that you would ge
> t no advantage of getting one with the low mineral
> soil you have. Myself I'm still on the fence about
> getting one. But I hope to meet up with Keith soon
> to try one out. I hope he doesn't try pulling a ra
> bbit out of his hat on me. LOL

Yeah we will get together Morgan!

Want you to see this New 8 inch octagon in action too on the X.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
July 31, 2020 01:05AM
Looks like that post was just made yesterday, and I seem to recall you having a problem with Tarsacci users or the machine itself for longer than that. To quote you, "my B.S. meter is going off".

No, that was not a cool post, though it was not posted here on NASA_Tom's forum.

You've stirred the pot for some time and made negative and inflammatory comments toward some very decent members here without worrying about how that made them or the community feel, all the while believing they were basically con artists. Not surprising that a target was put on your back that you painted, though I'm not justifying the derogatory remark made about you.

Seems like you have a problem believing or trusting others if they don't show proof that meets your standards. Sarcastically calling them the "elite" or "Messiah" of metal detecting... just seems unnecessary and out of line. I'm not sure how you can brashly humiliate others and publicly question their integrity or motives with no regard for them when others who know them can tell you all day they're good people and not making stuff up. Yet you choose to not listen, look, or attempt to understand. And then you attack them some more.

I don't have anything against you personally, and find many of your videos interesting and insightful. And I don't have any stake in Tarsacci or even own one. Just calling it like I see it.

You have a lot to offer the metal detecting community. Be consistently decent to people, and I'm pretty sure most of them will be decent to you as well.
July 31, 2020 01:18AM
The guy is breaking his own FORUM rules LOL

1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promote in the forums

This forum defines spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business or forums etc.

Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.

DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers

Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.

Users who post forum spam will have their posts removed. If a post that is otherwise appropriate includes links considered to be spam, those links will be removed.
2. Do not post copyright-infringing material

Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.
3. Do not post "offensive" posts, links or images

Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise overly discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. Anyone who does post any of the above will be permanently banned! This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting!

This is a web site for those who are serious about metal detecting and learning, if your here for any other reason don’t join!

4. Do not cross post questions

Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable in which to post your question.
5. Do not post threads just to “bump” other other topics down the message board, or try to dominate the board with useless topics in an attempt to get message numbers up.
6. Do not PM users asking for help

Do not send private messages to any users asking for help. If you need help, make a new thread in the appropriate forum then the whole community can help and benefit.
7. USELESS POSTS

Do not post stupid threads just to be funny, or ones with "inside messages" that's only between you and a few other members an a attempt to exclude others and create "clicks".

8. Remain respectful of other members at all times

All posts should be professional and courteous. You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective.

However, you are NOT free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.

9. TROUBLE MAKERS

This is a website designed specifically for learning and helping others learn how to use the Tarsacci MDT 8000. If you are here to cause problems, your in the wrong place and won’t be here long!

10. HEAD to HEAD VIDEO'S

Do NOT ask a member to post a "head to head" video with the Tarsacci, especially after a member has went through the trouble of posting a good demo video with the Tarsacci. "Head to head" videos are tricky business and leaves the one posting them open for even more criticism. Those who ask for such videos usually ask for other reasons other than sincere interest in the machine that's is being demonstrated. If you want to see a "head to head" video, please post it yourself.
11. CLASSIFIED BOARD

Those who choose to sell on the Classified Board should do so at their own risk and are asked to use common sense! TARSACCI LLC. will not be held responsible for any loss between members transactions.
12. OTHER COMPANIES

Do NOT try to promote any other brand of metal detector or company other than Tarsacci. Do NOT post negative remarks regarding Tarsacci in an attempt cause trouble and problems or your account will be deleted!

13. No discussing religion or politics!
July 31, 2020 01:55AM
Comparison videos. I remember when the Blisstool guys would go to group hunts asking strangers to get a signal on a deep target.....of course the Blisstool won out with a loud hard hit. The Tube videos left many hunters disgusted with their personal machines. Bitter sweet commercial. Testing has its place, but real life hunts are where it counts.
July 31, 2020 11:23AM
Let me just say this isnt just another VLF....... how many single freq machines do you know that will out perform most machines in the SALT water even multi freq? How many even work in the salt water? I also dont think you will find a better build quality than this machine. Salt water hunting really tests that with all the torque and bad habits used to recover a target. I cant say what this machine does in the dirt ..... but i can address the salt water. Short of a couple of PIs ..... its the deepest machine ive used here in the Gulf. I paid for my #26 machine. I posted my finds because i was impressed with this machine in the salt water...... still am and rarely use the others i have .... that includes the Nox. It took me awhile to get used to some things and understand target reaction. Is it the BEST machine ive ever used of course not...... because i try and use the machine i think thats going to do the best job at a given sight. Most of us who do this a lot have more than one machine for a reason. I also cant tell you how many times me and Dimitar talked on the phone as he followed my progress..... ever get a phone call from any other company that wasnt just a worker bee? Hes got a LOT of passion for designing and DETECTING.
July 31, 2020 12:14PM
I am not condoning what he said but if you are sensitive about the way you look then do something about it. It's not that hard as I lost 50lbs. and kept it off for two years. Just cut out starchy carbs and only drink water and hit the gym a couple times a week. Trust me metal detecting does not do it. I metal detected for 20 years and never lost a pound. Trust me your heart will thank you as the older you get the big guy thing is not healthy anymore.
Do it for your family if not for yourself. Sorry but I am not an enabler like some.
July 31, 2020 12:23PM
I dont doubt it being a GREAT beach hunter and have said as much.....

My complaining has been about the lack of butt whooping videos to back up these claims about what a good relic machine it is iron ......The claims seem to be this thing is sure of its self in iron...deeper than the Nox in hot ground....

SHOW us some clear video evidence of it whooping the snot out of the Equinox.
July 31, 2020 01:12PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Let me just say this isnt just another VLF.......
> how many single freq machines do you know that wil
> l out perform most machines in the SALT water even
> multi freq? How many even work in the salt water?

Serious question! How come I can not find any depth tests on gold rings or chains, IN SALT WATER?

ONE head to head test in Salt Water at all????

BTW, Beach and Salt water is what this machine is made for, correct?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 01:18PM by midalake.
July 31, 2020 01:18PM
Head to head right here w Equinox, in SALT....
[youtu.be]

July 31, 2020 01:24PM
Aaron Wrote:
> Head to head right here w Equinox, in SALT....
> [youtu.be]

NO
July 31, 2020 01:26PM
Okay hmm....

July 31, 2020 02:18PM
Mid.... it’s turned out to be a fine beach machine, but I believe Tom said it wasn’t initially designed as a beach machine. I agree.... I don’t believe I’ve seen any testing done in the water for any machine. We’ve seen a few chains dropped out there. I’ve made comments about the Nox performance with having to reduce the sensitivity, run in beach 2 (which significantly reduces sensitivity), running a higher recovery and the salt balance.....makes all things equal out there with other machines. Most can’t ID a clear winner. What we found was on a 3 gram gold ring here at the waters edge... the Nox would get it at 12” ... the MDT 14” in the water ... that’s where it changed.... the Nox was 10” and the MDT its depth. That to me was huge. Don’t get me wrong I like my Nox but don’t get me wrong I like my Nox out of the water as well. I don’t do videos I’ve not got a talent for it..... could someone fiddle with the Nox out of the water and do better likely. But in the water .... I highly doubt it. I’m looking for gold ..... and I’ve dug a lot of trash and coins to know what happens to these in the water as well as iron. To me they took a bad ass relic machine and made it work for salt water. Think about that. I love the salt balance.... a lot more machines needs to give us that ability for salt water hunting.
July 31, 2020 02:56PM
I can think of 14 Reasons for this post--#1 is immaturity and #14 is immaturity.
July 31, 2020 02:58PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> Mid.... it’s turned out to be a fine beach machine
> , but I believe Tom said it wasn’t initially desig
> ned as a beach machine. I agree.... I don’t belie
> ve I’ve seen any testing done in the water for any
> machine. We’ve seen a few chains dropped out the
> re. I’ve made comments about the Nox performance
> with having to reduce the sensitivity, run in beac
> h 2 (which significantly reduces sensitivity), run
> ning a higher recovery and the salt balance.....ma
> kes all things equal out there with other machines
> . Most can’t ID a clear winner. What we found w
> as on a 3 gram gold ring here at the waters edge..
> . the Nox would get it at 12” ... the MDT 14” in t
> he water ... that’s where it changed.... the Nox w
> as 10” and the MDT its depth. That to me was huge
> . Don’t get me wrong I like my Nox but don’t get
> me wrong I like my Nox out of the water as well.
> I don’t do videos I’ve not got a talent for it....
> . could someone fiddle with the Nox out of the wat
> er and do better likely. But in the water .... I
> highly doubt it. I’m looking for gold ..... and I
> ’ve dug a lot of trash and coins to know what happ
> ens to these in the water as well as iron. To me
> they took a bad ass relic machine and made it work
> for salt water. Think about that. I love the sa
> lt balance.... a lot more machines needs to give u
> s that ability for salt water hunting.

Always appreciate your thoughts Dew. Maybe when you get a chance shoot me a picture on a PM of a hunt. Trash and all. I would like to take a look. If you can't do that on this forum, you know the others.

Thanks Dave
July 31, 2020 03:43PM
Will do..... got some med stuff right now that’s keeping me out of the water for at least a month more. Longest I’ve ever went not hunting.... ugh. Here are some i believe i already posted here. That one was a real long day......of community service. Im pretty sure there was some can slaw and a few deep bottle caps NOT shown on those first two.... but for the most part 5 to 8 hours this is what i find. I dont need to dig a lot of those hoop earrings ..... but i they sound good in AM and would be passed up by most hunters in disc. But ive found some interesting iron stuff that sound this good. I believe Cliff will confirm hes straddled a few holes chasing gold rings REALLY deep down there. I estimated i improved my gold hunt 10% buying the Nox......then10% again with this machine. Obviously there is no way to know how the years going to go. Down side is how long the box can stay submerged based on warranty..... although ive got more confidence in it than that.... im not the warranty guy.

wells fargo locations near me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 04:15PM by dewcon4414.
July 31, 2020 04:31PM
Wow Dew, not a lead sinker in the lot. Fishing not allowed where you detect?
July 31, 2020 04:45PM
These were from Siesta Key beach.... one of the busiest beaches here. No fishing on the main beach enforces by police and life guards. What I find more of here is lures... they tend to float in. Weights in this very fine almost concrete sand get deep fast.... if you find weights ... you are lucky and something moved. Not to mention.... there are a crazy amount of hunters here. Those were after some movement..... if not it’s really slim pickings for targets period. Even on my 3 beaches locally .... seeing weights is one good day for hunting.
July 31, 2020 05:05PM
I let Aarons fat joke comments get under my skin …Time will tell how this detector performs and how people take to it.I will never buy one some I am done with it....Unless of course the others want to keep on with the insults..... I am gonna take down the video. Tom please delete this thread.....
July 31, 2020 06:23PM
Hello

I already post this vidéo :

[www.youtube.com]

My last find (gold and silver in the same time) The VDI on the Tarsacci was 8, i think it only take the gold and forgot the silver.

Best regards from France !

Magus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 06:24PM by Magus Detection.
July 31, 2020 08:19PM
Magus...…. that chain truly looks like white-gold.