Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Back in the MDT 8000 Saddle Again

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Back in the MDT 8000 Saddle Again
July 30, 2020 09:16PM
Its been over 6 months since my unit 23 was stolen and I finally got a settlement from insurance. Not what I had hoped for but it helps. I found one and I couldn't be happier. I have other machines but for the beach this unit is for me. I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up on all the things others have found out about the settings and their effect in the sand. Just a little rusty.
I have just not had the excitement about the hobby after mine was taken but now that I have on the way the deepest, smoothest and most balanced MD on the beach I have got the fever again. I thought hard about the EQ 800 but with all the problems Calabash has had and the long return time for repairs I just couldn't go there. I know from past experience that if the MDT has a problem Tom and Demitar have a prompt solution. When my dog kidnapped my battery cap just before my Fla. vacation Tom met me and had a replacement so I could swing away. Who else would do that? I look forward to seeing what comes in the future. JR
Re: Back in the MDT 8000 Saddle Again
July 30, 2020 09:20PM
JR...….. glad you are back up in support ….. again!!!!
July 30, 2020 10:48PM
GLAD you got something to hunt with again.
July 31, 2020 01:22AM
Not being nosey but how did your detector get stolen?
Just so I won't make that mistake.
July 31, 2020 01:24AM
Thanks Tom it has been awhile but had so many irons in the fire and was hoping with the large reward some how 23 would show up but to no avail. I finally found the lost battery cap under storage building my labby was using for her personal storage unit. It was not chewed up at all. She was trying to keep me home. smiling smiley
July 31, 2020 01:29AM
Congrats JR!

Lemme know if you need any help!

Aaron

TARSACCI - “Digging deeper, BEHIND the competition!”
[forums.tarsaccisales.com]
July 31, 2020 02:32AM
Congrats Shovel nose on your new purchase.

Now watch your stolen unit turn up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 02:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
July 31, 2020 02:35AM
I HOPE so! I refuse to quit looking!!!
July 31, 2020 12:54PM
Thanks I keep looking by checking into pawn shops even though they are suppose to report all items to police for a check. All the clubs in this area know about it but there could be one person out there using it and knows what its worth.
August 01, 2020 04:42PM
Well at least your insurance helped Some.

Good to be back with something you like, that means alot to be comfortable on a hunt.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla