Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for F75 experts. Judging ground mineralization

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question for F75 experts. Judging ground mineralization
August 03, 2020 09:46PM
Alright I now have in my possession I'm told unit NASA Tom hunted Ft Meade with.
So older unit non DST with boost.

This detector may have found gold coin he shows on home page here.

Anyways.
I have been scouting a bit looking at my site areas. To see how high ground mineralization is.

My question is which mode does one use to check bars in meter for mineralization? As one pumps coil like GBing.

The site where I intend to put Tarsacci unit back to work I am getting 4 bars in some spots 5 in others, even just moving few feet (clean ground - no detection using pinpoint.
Seems both Motion AM and use of disc bp mode read the same in this site.

But nearer my home BP, JE. Pf Modes Read one bar lower vs checking ground using CL mode and the motion AM mode.

Use of this mineralization meter was my primary reason for getting this detector btw.
So when I am showing other detectors there is little question of the ground mineralization per detector ops.

May go back down to site 8 miles and recheck to make sure of my readings I got.

I over last 8 years though I was getting from in ground test as well as comparing vlf detectrors, the detectors folks talk about being better with higher mineralization gave better results in this 8 mile away site.

I may do a video and show this site and F75 and do a couple quick buried coin tests to indeed see if this hotter ground is seen by f75 behavior.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 10:03PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Question for F75 experts. Judging ground mineralization
August 03, 2020 11:09PM
David....... Motion All Metal Mode is probably the most aggregate dynamic 'capture' of Fe3O4. (You do not need to run a high Sens level. A standard Factory Preset of '60' is fine. A higher Sens setting will get you a (very slightly) quicker reading.
Then....... secondarily....... the 'bp' Mode is fairly sensitive/accurate for a overall-aggregate reading.
August 03, 2020 11:54PM
Pumping the coil to ground balance over clean ground, glance at the Fe3O4 meter, take note. You can sample several spots in the area you're detecting. The meter will also jump high if you're PP'ing over iron. If I'm wrong, shoot me now. .. . I've been using the 75 since they came out.. .. I am no expert, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 11:55PM by ozzie.
August 04, 2020 12:30AM
Thanks for the info gents..
Went back to site.
Checked some more using detector.
Didn't go all over but got a sampling.

Site seems more split between 3 and 4 bar ground. Less 5 bar ground.
Seems higher points in field higher mineral.
Field is gently rolling.

No fertilizer put in this field for at least 8 years. Cows are preenst though and have been for years.

Even played with the AM on the detector.

For gee whiz.
In these 2 fields of approx 75 acres.
Three deepest targets nonferrous dug I have dug ever here.

One Spanish 2 bit with etrac (with 10x12 self coil)
One Spanish bit with CTX.
One between quarter and half dollar size nonferrous disc shaped target with Taraacci MDT 8000.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 12:33AM by tnsharpshooter.
August 04, 2020 08:57AM
TNSS, I'm not sure if its possible, but could you come up with a cross reference guide for the F75 fe bar vs Deus. I think it would be very handy for comparisons on here.

Eg F75 4 bars = 5 bars Deus etc etc
August 04, 2020 04:10PM
TNSS For ground checking I use All Metal mostly because it also tells me I'm not over metal or a hot rock skewing my reading. As Ozzie stated it will also spike over metal, and remember, you should also include your GB number in your analysis.

HH
Mike
August 04, 2020 04:46PM
Ole' Daniel knows the F75 like the back of his hand.
August 04, 2020 05:45PM
I g b in all metal also and over here in s w Tn my g b # is usually 67, +/- a couple digits. Mostly 2 bar dirt. HH jim tn
August 04, 2020 07:33PM
ghound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TNSS, I'm not sure if its possible, but could you
> come up with a cross reference guide for the F75 f
> e bar vs Deus. I think it would be very handy for
> comparisons on here.
>
> Eg F75 4 bars = 5 bars Deus etc etc

I will put something together and post soon.
Will post in new thread with appropriate title so folks can find easier later should they need to.