Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vanquish 440 or Simplex?

Posted by kwalenciak 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vanquish 440 or Simplex?
August 04, 2020 11:48PM
My Equinox 800 is out for repairs, my Tesoro Sand Shark also bit the dust, and now I find myself desperately needing a backup beach detector. While I do on occasion water hunt (chest deep max), I mostly hunt dry and wet sand. I am trying to decide between the Vanquish 440 or the Simplex. Which do you think would be a better beach detector? I am very familiar with the Equinox, so I am leaning towards the Vanquish. However.... I have heard the Simplex for the price is a hell of a deal.... Thoughts???
Re: Vanquish 440 or Simplex?
August 05, 2020 01:03AM
I think multi frequency detectors seem to work better in a salt environment from what I have seen, I am not a beach hunter but the Vanquish is multi-IQ like the Equinox so it would be what you are used to. JMHO
August 05, 2020 01:30AM
A used EQX-600
August 05, 2020 07:43AM
Simplex vs. Vanquish

Some data from England that might help give some idea of the performance of each. Not done by me, but it is actual test garden data of some value. A few other detectors are included for reference (there are many more than these in the test data). I'd ignore the actual Euorpean test targets and consider how a detector fares with low conductors near and among ferrous trash. I think the two detectors are very close but the Vanquish edges ahead overall (unless you need a waterproof detector). Note: these tests were done before the Simplex upgrade. I do use the Simplex as a backup when my CTX was under repair for water leakage. Then the Simplex failed with a water leak and I used the repaired CTX. For inland hunting, the Vanquish might be a better choice (but not by much) at least amongst lower conductors and it might be a tad deeper (sometimes). I'd say a used Equinox is an even better choice.

August 05, 2020 08:30AM
If you're beach hunting, Vanquish is what you'll want. Multi-Frequency and PI machines are the most effective detectors for salt water environments.
August 05, 2020 10:30AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A used EQX-600

I am leaning towards this NASA-Tom, my local dealer has one for $500, however with the 15% military discount I can get a brand new 600 for about $550. Its a little more than I want to spend at the moment, but may be the best for me in the long run.
August 05, 2020 09:56PM
Dang the whites Mx sport does really good wow
August 05, 2020 11:51PM
kw...... because you are FULLY up-to-speed already.... with the EQX SMF VLF IB M-IQ platform....... there's virtually no learning-curve.
August 06, 2020 03:26AM
I have a mint anfibio I'll sell ya. Need the money for some performance parts for my truck. $449

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2020 03:29AM by Kickindirt.