Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

USPS is Marginal At Best for MD Shipping

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
USPS is Marginal At Best for MD Shipping
August 08, 2020 01:18PM
They are like a "slow boat to China". My MDT was shipped on the 31st. Goes to the area hub on the 1st sits there for 5 DAYS! On the 5th the tracking states "In transit arriving late". While the snail mail doesn't update their tracking as much as they should siting for 5 days and now no update is poor way to do business. The storm moved sand and my beach MD is lost in shipping it seems.

So we are to trust the USPS to get our ballots to the proper destination in time for our vote to count. I don't think so. I will be standing in line if I have to and if I should get a absentee ballot I will deliver it myself. Now that is off my chest I am charging batteries in E Trac with hopes my MD will show today. JR
Re: USPS is Marginal At Best for MD Shipping
August 08, 2020 01:22PM
Yes I sell original redline Hot wheels and customer been waiting 2 weeks in transit on a package still. Glad he is patient.
August 08, 2020 01:53PM
I feel your pain.....USPS is very under staffed .....I have several late packages only 60 miles away? Now going on 6 days......tracking number showing them in twilight zone ? ..,,,UPS & Fed EX seem to be on time.
August 08, 2020 04:30PM
Are you shipping them priority or parcel post?
August 08, 2020 05:50PM
Overtime has been scaled back. Many staff are off for covid reasons. There is a deliberate and strategic plan to keep them underperforming.
August 08, 2020 07:34PM
I payed more $$$$ for priority mail vs UPS Ground...... on a RV part I needed quickly ....... two weeks ago .......I never got it ......... finally they cancelled the purchase and resent it ups ground got it on Friday.

The sad thing is they want to do mail in ballets voting this year ...... if they go though the USPS .......... we won’t know the results until 2022 .........lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2020 07:43PM by Rob in (ca).
August 08, 2020 09:48PM
Last year I didnt think USPS could get any slower....guess what, it can get slower !! We are paying the same price for slower service. The other shipping services seems same speed as before Corona
August 09, 2020 12:28AM
If slow mail is near the top of your list of things to complain about then you are certainly better off than many right now.

Oh and mail your ballots early. I plan on voting the end of September here in PA.

T
August 09, 2020 12:46AM
Yep. My daughter and wife BOTH work for the post office and they are being systematically neutered to affect how the election turns out. Not my opinion, just a widely known political move. If I were Trumpy Bear I would do it too, the alternative is a jail cell. Sadly, it makes our stuff move slower. It’ll get there! WHEN is the question....
August 09, 2020 01:03AM
I don't agree with all that's been said already.
True my Tarsacci took more than the time it should have but I got it. Hand in there SN you'll get yours.

I think folks are forgetting something. Aircraft travel is down too. This is what USPS uses to get priory packages across country.
I talked to my mail lady.
This virus has more folks ordering packages vs doing in person shopping. Common sense.
She has actually had 2 fill her SUV and go deliver the mail and get rid of the packages and go reload packages and finish her route.
She has been 3 hours late even bringing me my mail vs before virus hit.

All the carriers are warning of possible delays.

Have a nice evening.

And no we don't need universal mail in ballot voting.
Silly season on this issue.
August 09, 2020 01:17AM
ALL THE BEST PEOPLE!!!

EVERYTHING you need to know!
"Much of the criticism of new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy has centered on his $2 million in contributions to the Trump campaign and other Republican causes since 2016."

https://www.labornotes.org/blogs/2020/05/new-postmaster-general-expert-job-killer
August 09, 2020 01:58AM
The virus has affected all worldwide. All shipping services use airplanes. More online ordering means more people waiting for packages.....thus more complaining. Cabin Fever has many symptoms. Since all shipping services are under the same circumstances.....overall shipping time is slower, but USPS is slower vs Fed-Ex. Price wise USPS is cheaper only on smaller lighter packages. Stay safe everyone.
August 09, 2020 02:00PM
USPS used to be the most reliable shipper for getting items ordered here quicker. Now it’s a frustrating mess of items sitting in metropolitan hubs for days before moving. I can’t wait for them to get back to a reliable means of shipping. This, coming from one of those guys who’s OCD about monitoring tracking.
August 09, 2020 08:01PM
USPS has had internal problems way before the Corona virus hit. Ever since USPS reduced the amount of Hub locations, your package has to travel further and backtrack. I really feel for the workers. Not only are we (customer) paying the same high price for slower service, the workers are getting paid the same for double the work....not sure how they do with Overtime. My job it depends on what department you work....some of which allows a max of only 40 hours per week. Many years ago I worked Customer Service (sports store).....really lousy at the moment. It sucks for everyone.
August 09, 2020 10:20PM
Actually, just how viable is the USPS today? Ii operates heavily in the red, service is lousy and the few pieces of actual mail most of us get monthly could be sent on line.

Oh, I know, for some it is necessary, but if USPS was a private enterprise it would have shut down long ago and those that found it a necessary means of receiving their mail would have had to look elsewhere for other means. My opinion, anyway. HH jim tn
August 10, 2020 01:17AM
Good news there is an update on number. It is in the main hub of my little town bypassing at least one if not more stops along the way. Should be at the door at some point tomorrow so like a pit bull I will stand watch. Low tide is around 7:15pm so slap on the Bluetooth and its off to the races. I still have one battery and the charger from last unit. Now if I can grab it and get it to the man cave before the wife notices the new toy. smiling smiley
August 10, 2020 08:48AM
FINALLY!
Unbelievably slow delivery!!!
August 10, 2020 12:04PM
They don't help themselves with the arrival date stated when shipped and it doesn't leaving shipping hub until the day after! Set up expectations the USPS can't meet! With a little luck I will see out for delivery posted this morning.
August 11, 2020 02:08AM
I have been shipping a dozen or more packages per week, for my business, for a LONG time. I can tell you that something changed, on or about the 24th of July. What folks are describing here is exactly correct -- mail reaching regional hubs, and then just "disappearing," in terms of tracking, with nothing but a message saying "in transit, arriving late." I would say that I'd have roughly 1 to 2 packages per month that would arrive late, and then only by a day or two -- over the last couple of years. In the last couple of weeks, it's been an ENTIRELY different story -- like someone turned a switch. Now, 75% of my packages are at least 5 to 7 days late, some up to 2 weeks, and at least one has been lost entirely. I am currently dealing with MULTIPLE package for MULTIPLE customers that are "lost in the system," without any tracking updates in many days...

Whatever is going on, is AWFUL for small businesses who try to treat their customers properly, from the beginning of the transaction to the end...

In the last two days I've stopped shipping USPS, and started paying more to ship UPS or FedEx. This has really, really had a negative impact...and I can't get any answers as to what changed in the last week of July...

Steve
August 11, 2020 04:45AM
USPS is more expensive than UPS or FedEx
In the last 2 months the price of shipping USPS has gone through the roof.
Don't even get me started on my Mail Lady Person and her big slow ass.
She's so big she fell into the Grand Canyon and got stuck.
August 11, 2020 05:01PM
I just bought a Doodad for my Equinox and paid 50% extra to get 2 Day delivery. Sure enough it arrived 6 days after it was shipped. Ordered on Friday, shipped on Monday arrived on Saturday- not bad?

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
August 11, 2020 05:25PM
In my small town PO, they announced about the end of july that lobby hours were going to be cut back. When asked why, they said that it was orders from the top levels and that it wasnt arguable. Maybe the middle distribution parts of the USPS have received similar orders?

That said my small packages of things i have ordered have been arriving on time, with about 1/3 earlier than expected.
August 11, 2020 07:37PM
Our Post Master General is doing it on purpose to set up blame for mail-in ballot election fraud. He's a real POS.
August 11, 2020 09:22PM
dave_e Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Our Post Master General is doing it on purpose to
> set up blame for mail-in ballot election fraud. H
> e's a real POS.

X2
August 11, 2020 11:19PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... seems like he wont need any help proving fraud, eh?

[www.fox5ny.com]

Or allowing illegals to vote like the last time around?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2020 11:22PM by Champ Ferguson.
August 12, 2020 02:41AM
jim tn Wrote:
> Actually, just how viable is the USPS today? Ii op
> erates heavily in the red, service is lousy and th
> e few pieces of actual mail most of us get monthly
> could be sent on line.
>
> Oh, I know, for some it is necessary, but if USPS
> was a private enterprise it would have shut down l
> ong ago and those that found it a necessary means
> of receiving their mail would have had to look els
> ewhere for other means. My opinion, anyway. HH jim
> tn

all that you mention is true, but there's a 'ton' of seniors out there who are
super thankful for their ''scripts" every 90 days!..can't beat the price!..(free!)

(h.h.!)
j.t.
August 12, 2020 06:03PM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... seems like he wont need an
> y help proving fraud, eh?
>
> [www.fox5ny.com]
> 000-fake-drivers-licenses-seized-at-chicago-airpor
> t
>
> Or allowing illegals to vote like the last time ar
> ound?

Dejoy's nefarious collective efforts will suppress millions of mail-in ballots and threaten the voting rights of millions of Americans, setting the stage for breach of our Constitution.

[www.commondreams.org]

Disgraceful act by a Postmaster that bought his appointment with a $2M campaign donation. He's doing exactly what he's told.
August 12, 2020 06:13PM
dave_e Wrote:
> Champ Ferguson Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... seems like he wont need
> an
> > y help proving fraud, eh?
> >
> > [www.fox5ny.com]-
> 20
> > 000-fake-drivers-licenses-seized-at-chicago-airp
> or
> > t
> >
> > Or allowing illegals to vote like the last time
> ar
> > ound?
>
> Dejoy's nefarious collective efforts will suppress
> millions of mail-in ballots and threaten the votin
> g rights of millions of Americans, setting the sta
> ge for breach of our Constitution.
>
> [www.commondreams.org]
> iracy-steal-election-folks-alarms-sound-after-post
> al-worker-reports-removal
>
> Disgraceful act by a Postmaster that bought his ap
> pointment with a $2M campaign donation. He's doin
> g exactly what he's told.

Mail-In is just a ploy for more leftist voter fraud in this election. Legit mail-in can easily be done with In Person pickup of mail-in ballot WITH ID. But that would negate the leftist purpose of it now wouldnt it.
August 12, 2020 09:29PM
Vote early. It seems the future of the mail is at stake as well as many other things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2020 09:32PM by goodmore.
August 13, 2020 01:26AM
They(USPS) got my box(with detector in it) to Florida..only one day late,,,,,So I was Happy!