Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Feedback by Jim Pugh on his new AQ

Posted by lytle78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Feedback by Jim Pugh on his new AQ
August 19, 2020 08:10PM
Finds With Fisher AQ Impulse
I paid over Night red label Fedex 127 Dollars a bird in hand is worth two in bush I Am now up 37 hours in chest to neck target recovery with this unit.
I have found Four Gold Rings and do not count all the silver,titanium,stainless steel other rings.
Happy Trails
jimpugh ps very very deep and all old sites must be rehunted

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
Re: Feedback by Jim Pugh on his new AQ
August 20, 2020 03:03AM
Just curious. Does Jim Pugh live (hunt) in Florida?
August 20, 2020 04:30AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just curious. Does Jim Pugh live (hunt) in Florida
> ?

I believe it may be Biloxi Mississippi
August 20, 2020 10:59AM
I believe he did say Biloxi. Tom...... im keeping an eye on anyone that posts from Fl with this machines. Im hoping Debs issue is strickly the coil because i was looking forward to see just how deep a really deep PI will go here. Rick..... any update on her machine?

Jims a dang good PI hunter. Joes posting some nice finds by his friend who got one..... again another PI user. The more of these that get into the average hunters hands the may we may learn about the challenges some will have. BUT.... i sitll like a machine thats got POWER.....not watered down. Thats a machine that will take us into the future rather than keep us at a stand still for years.

Let me add...... Jim made this statement as well: Does not like heavy surf must be calm or your in for a long ride

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2020 11:15AM by dewcon4414.
August 20, 2020 12:11PM
Dew...... the FaceBook page required me to sign-up, sign-in and register...... in order to read the data.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., of which...... I did not do. (((Heck, I hardly have time to keep up with my own forum!!!))).

My concern is: Due to hotter temps in Florida...... our saltwater ocean (warmer temps) will 'hold-in-solution' a greater amount of salt. Because of this ...... the GoldScan-5 would NOT "Ground Balance" ....due to the higher salinity; subsequently, the Disc/ID-circuitry was rendered: useless.

"Northern" performance/results...... will be different from "Southern" (warmer temps) results.
August 20, 2020 01:23PM
Tom... did they find a solution to that or does that machine still have issues? I’m even way farther South than she is. Unfortunately there is a lot to read so with your time managed schedule I don’t know how you do it .... plus the family. I’m retired .... and will admit i feel busy. I also jump in in the middle of stuff ... yes one of those who ask questions already answered lol. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it’s a none issue.
August 20, 2020 01:26PM
Deborah’s problem is when submerged in the salt. Whether it is due to the high salinity of summer water or something else (she mentioned the possibility of buried seaweed) is unknown as yet. Alexandre Tartar has talked to her.

One suggestion of Alexandre’s is that she should try the Volcanic Soil setting. This setting is a discriminating setting - a variation on the multitone or mute mode (I forget which). It allows operation in extreme mineralization at the cost of some depth.

Rick Kempf
August 20, 2020 03:44PM
So they haven’t considered sending her another coil? Seaweed .... can certainly do that especially recently buried. We can get that same affect in the trough as well with a hard pan. Small broken down metal and minerals concentrate and in some cases form a gray mud.
August 20, 2020 04:10PM
I believe that Alexandre concluded that there was nothing wrong with her coil. It worked fine on the wet sand.

She will likely get an early one of the first batch of 8” coils when they are ready next month.

Rick Kempf
August 20, 2020 06:26PM
Soooo are we (Fl guys) going to be expected to buy both coils knowing we work both in and out of the water? I’m assuming the production model will have this issue? If you get the limited and want more time you also have to have a second battery.....things are adding up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2020 08:39AM by dewcon4414.
August 20, 2020 11:23PM
Dew...... the GoldScan-5 Ground Balance issue was never fixed/corrected.
August 21, 2020 12:18AM
Jim Pugh.
Name rings a bell for me.
Think we served in same squadron back in the 80s. Keesler AFB Ms in Biloxi Ms.
He was an aircraft radio maintenance trooper best I remember.
Small world.
He's a few years older than I. Should be 60-62 years old now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2020 12:22AM by tnsharpshooter.