Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12” MDT coil

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
12” MDT coil
August 27, 2020 03:34PM
Just thought I’d check on that 12” coils progress. With the AQ maybe having to use the 8” coil here in Fl that 12” added to the TID screen and great disc might just be a good choice for us all. If ya have just 1 ready I’d sure like to try it out. Start getting into the Fall personally I do better than the summer. Surely I’m not the only one wanting this coil as fast as I can get it? Golds getting a little rare here. So a little better coverage and some depth could be like a new machine I hope in our sand. Let’s all keep pushing the busy man lol
cdv
Re: 12” MDT coil
August 27, 2020 04:04PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just thought I’d check on that 12” coils progress.
> With the AQ maybe having to use the 8” coil here i
> n Fl that 12” added to the TID screen and great di
> sc might just be a good choice for us all. If ya
> have just 1 ready I’d sure like to try it out. St
> art getting into the Fall personally I do better t
> han the summer. Surely I’m not the only one want
> ing this coil as fast as I can get it? Golds gett
> ing a little rare here. So a little better covera
> ge and some depth could be like a new machine I ho
> pe in our sand. Let’s all keep pushing the busy
> man lol

Ah, cmon man....quit trying to cut in line..... winking smiley

Aaron had mentioned in another post that it looked like early 2021......

Cliff
August 27, 2020 04:10PM
Let’s shoot for an early Christmas present. Cliff buddy.... I need all the advantage I can get over hunters like you lol. Yes I know what Aaron said but he’s not the guy going to put this together..... you know me I M the squeaky wheel
August 28, 2020 11:36AM
Dew..agree with You on more coils for the MDT..
A small relic coil would be nice..
hh joe
August 28, 2020 04:10PM
Joe my beaches are clean enough to use that larger coil. Most states f the time say an 8” coil doesn’t make much difference. Nice larger round coil would do good coverage ... would be amazing to get maybe 2” out of it. That’s really game changing in the water where the sand moves.
August 28, 2020 08:11PM
A 12" coil for the Tarsacci, that goes 2" deeper, is what will make me buy a Tarsacci.
August 28, 2020 09:30PM
I’m already getting that in the water with the 11” inch. I’d like to know how it’s going and does Demitar have any news about how it going..... what his testing results and maybe even a photo of the proto type. I’d say if it’s doing well in CA .... it should do VERY well here. The AQ is a very competitive relic machine which have to handle some difficult soil. With its salt setting it in a class of its on being able to run single freq. That 12” coil if it’s a good as the machine should run with most PIs in Fl. I’m betting.
August 29, 2020 01:59AM
Joe...... simply creating/giving more coil options...... is NOT Dimitar. Of all the metal detector CDE's that I have connected with; Dimitar is (collectively/aggregately)..... the most 'unique'. He refuses to create a handful of different coil sizes........ for the purpose of just simply filling folks hungers/quests. If he creates a coil...... it will be non-standard. (Not normal). First; Dimitar is a monomaniac (psychotic) .......... more than any other CDE that I have met........ for depth. He is obsessed with depth. . . . . . to the point of a sickness. (((A major benefit/attribute for detectorists))). The standard expectation for a 12" coil for the MDT...... would be..... a couple of inches greater depth. This would be classified/categorized as: nominal (or 'normal'). Dimitar hates this 'norm'. He'll warp the basic rules/principles of physics..... to go beyond the 2" greater depth "norm" (expectation)..........or......... he will not create the coil at all. Secondly......... he's obsessed with bad dirt 'punch'. Instead of being crippled by it........ he'll use bad dirt to his advantage.....and have it work FOR him......,,,,,,,, instead of against (inhibiting) him.
In a nutshell...... there will be more than just "nominal" performance; rather, a paradigm-shift.

I can say/convey this: Phase-1 & Phase-2 of creating the 12" coil......... is 'complete'. We are (now) approximately.... in the middle of Phase-3 (of 3 phases)....... for creating this new beach & field coil.

Kingfish........ There are several folks in the exact same boat as you. (Understandably). To accentuate your concern/quest....... Dimitar is truly creating this 12" coil with: ..... "driven/purpose"......beyond the "norm". ((( Trying to eek out the 'unsuspecting' ))).

Dew/Cliff...... I "think" I may have answered your question(s) with the (above) data. If not........ just holler!
cdv
August 29, 2020 08:01AM
Thanks Tom, all points answered but before Dew asks.....how long is phase 3?,,,,,, :-)
It will be exciting to see its performance in testing and in real world hunts!

Center shaft/coil attachment point.....please!

Cliff
August 29, 2020 10:06AM
Im hoping phase 3 is the last phase too. Hopefully Tom he will get you one to test .....or us so we can tell just how its going to do HERE in our salt water and mild sand. Now you have me excited ..... if he can get more than a couple of inches from just 1" of coils thats mind blowing from what we already get out there. Thats not that much more coil to swing. But there is a LOT of torque with the thicker shaft as well. It can cause some upper shaft wear at the lock. You may need to compensate for it by adding a 2 button spring clip. Ive been very impressed with what Demitar has produced.... and would much rather buy a new coil that a different machine to get me where id like to go. Thanks for the info Tom. I do see the Relic hunters need for that small coil..... sometimes there is just to much material for a larger coil to sift thru.
August 29, 2020 10:16AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I’m already getting that in the water with the 11”
> inch. I’d like to know how it’s going and does D
> emitar have any news about how it going..... what
> his testing results and maybe even a photo of the
> proto type. I’d say if it’s doing well in CA ....
> it should do VERY well here. The AQ is a very co
> mpetitive relic machine which have to handle some
> difficult soil. With its salt setting it in a cl
> ass of its on being able to run single freq. That
> 12” coil if it’s a good as the machine should run
> with most PIs in Fl. I’m betting.

With large coils can come larger problems? Sometimes and site specific. I would not expect a larger coil to perform better in Salt Water contact.

If it is a true 12" coil, just how much more punch would this have over an 11X9????

No matter what detector is on the market there seems to be a never ending supply of used "large" coils. If they were so good............
August 29, 2020 04:36PM
This isn’t a HUGE coil. 12” seems to be about where things stop. You have to remember.... this machine has an adjustable salt balance Unlike a VLF with a set salt balance. So we will benefit more than they do where you have to reduce sensitivity. We also use single freq which does very well out there. So you may have to think a little differently as to the depth the coil may get in the water. Especially here in Fl. Demitar is a pretty obsessive guy especially since he’s a hunter as well. He wants what we want. I’m sure he will squeeze something others may not just because of what the machine can do in the water.
August 29, 2020 06:29PM
First.......joe in alabama: In absolutely NO way..... was I scolding you!!!! Deepest apologies..... if I EVER come across that way!!! (((I just reread my post...... and could see where it could be taken (mistaken)..... of a scolding!! Hence; my apologies...... IF it was taken this way!!!)))

Cliff & Dew....... Phase-2 was supposedly the most difficult phase/hurdle; yet, we're running into 'some' decelerators with Phase-3. (Some unsuspectings). Two months ago....... I would have said: "5-months" to complete Phase-3. Now....... we realize that we cannot predict the unpredictable. BUT....... Dimitar just made another hurdle within the body of Phase-3. Soooooooo........ we are kinda back-on-track.
(((How'z that for ambiguity??? Would I make a good politician!?!?!?))).

midalake. Just by virtue of the basic Operating System principle........ the MDT is able to do a few things that no other detector can. SOOOooooooooo........... when Dimitar is working on a larger coil....... EXPECT THE SAME!!!.........also to say..... you can bet he's TRYING to get it to do things that it shouldn't be able to do. Jumping out of a 8" x 11" coil...... to a 12" coil (the principles-of-physics numbers) dictates a approximate gain of 1.8".... if done properly. ((( I've been claiming 2"..... just for 'round' numbers. ))). Dimitar HATES ......'only'....... or: 'just'...... 2". I just don't think Dimitar can pull-it-off....to get the 12" coil to exceed a basic principle of physics...... and blow past the 2" physics incarceration. IF he can....... it will dominate the market.

I "think" the 12" coil..... will be 'center-mount'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2020 06:34PM by NASA-Tom.
August 30, 2020 11:34AM
Im hoping to see some videos Tom of its progress. It would be real nice if one or two were done here in Fl..... maybe both sides even once its ready. The Gulf is unique we have a lot of calm days and our sand is different as is the amount of wet sand. This virus is just awful .....flying right now is iffy. Hopefully by time the coils ready this will all be in our rear view mirror. This has been one strange year and difficult for everyone. To me you can tell this machine dont loose a lot of depth in the water. We used to notice a slow loss of depth or at least it appeared as thou we did...... maybe the lith batteries have made that huge difference. I realize there are always trade offs .... be it the machine or coil. BUT there are advantages that make that trade off worth it or we wouldnt be using the equipment. Sooooo are we on track for say 5 mos (squeaky wheel again) ? Honestly......Winter hunting can be good and fun... because you never know what might get moved around out there.
August 30, 2020 05:36PM
I’m hoping those ear don’t change much.... I’ve got a guy doing me a dozen or so ear protectors like I use on the Nox. Helpful hint to anyone .... finding a longer bolt and cutting off the head and using 2 wing nuts allows you to equally tighten them. A single wing nut has you cranking from one side.... thus one ear.
August 30, 2020 10:30PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> I’m hoping those ear don’t change much.... I’ve go
> t a guy doing me a dozen or so ear protectors like
> I use on the Nox. Helpful hint to anyone .... fi
> nding a longer bolt and cutting off the head and u
> sing 2 wing nuts allows you to equally tighten the
> m. A single wing nut has you cranking from one si
> de.... thus one ear.

If you pull the bolt with a wing nut. .. . you are also putting the same pressure on the other side. .. hence 2 ears with = pressure. the way I see it.
August 30, 2020 11:34PM
You would think that. Watch yours.... as you tighten it you will see the one near the wing nut bend in first. At least on both my Nox and MDT seems to do this. Maybe it’s rubber wear but I get better results with having both wing nuts
September 01, 2020 12:29AM
Dew........ I seriously doubt that Dimitar would do a video of a coil (or any video...... for that matter). BUT......... if Dimitar can break some rules of physics ..... plenty of folks will be doing videos of it!!!!

I have doubts Dimitar can "pull it off"........ BUT......... I'm already shocked at what the Tarsacci can already do...... especially in bad dirt, wet-salt or black sand + wet salt.

I will definitely keep you guys informed to ANY 12" Tarsacci coil updates.
February 10, 2021 03:03AM
I'm passing this along for the folks that haven't seen it. Its also posted in the "MDT On the Horizon" thread. This is part one of two videos.

[forums.tarsaccisales.com]

-Kerry
February 10, 2021 03:14AM
Here is part two...

-Kerry
February 10, 2021 03:24AM
Adding one more link. This one is to Keith's test video with the 12 inch coil. Cheers!

-Kerry
February 10, 2021 01:43PM
Sounds like Aaron really wants this coil to sell.
February 11, 2021 01:53PM
Adding Keith's second test video of the 12" coil here for convenience, although its got its own thread now.

February 11, 2021 05:43PM
Thanks Walker.
February 12, 2021 01:47AM
Walker1200 Wrote:
> I'm passing this along for the folks that haven't
> seen it. Its also posted in the "MDT On the Horiz
> on" thread. This is part one of two videos.
>
> [forums.tarsaccisales.com]
> il-part-1
>
> -Kerry

Dude who did video used wrong formula for computing size (coverage of coils).
Looks like he used formula for rectangle.
So his numbers are too big- for both coils actually.

Cheers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2021 01:52AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 12, 2021 01:01PM
Im no math whiz Tenn..... my gauge will be once the coil hits the wet sand or goes in the water. Difficult to do salt water hunts up North right now..... but id like to get a little more info out of Tom as to what this coil might do IN the water. In some ways we always buy detecting equipment hoping it preforms like we think it might. However, im hoping all these videos dont delay the release..... or maybe a partial release if ya get my drift. Word of mouth still goes a long way in selling any product. Im always looking for a better mouse trap. Its challenging for new start up companies. As a user we can move on to the next product..... these designers really have to mill over things like this new coil..... its a huge investment. For us water guys you always like having an advantage. Beach hunting has turned into more of a sport and is VERY competitive. So i for one appreciate greatly Demitars work on this project.
February 12, 2021 02:01PM
I echo Dew's sentiment. I very much appreciate Dimitar's hard work and I can't wait to be able to add the larger coil to an already amazing machine. Knowing the approach taken is very much "outside the box" thinking...I'm optimistic for future projects too. I certainly hope there will be more.

-Kerry
February 12, 2021 03:12PM
One old school way to determine square inches is to make a grid on paper of one-inch squares, lay the coil on top of it, draw an outline of the coil and count the squares inside the circle.
February 18, 2021 11:32AM
Walker i understand the coil price will be released next week. I think at that point its release shouldnt be very far down the road. I believe we still want some beach testing. Hopefully that happens and we get the coil soon after. Some of the guys are in wait mode so if the price scare um .... they will wait for those of us who want the coil to talk about our results. Im wondering if after the price is announced if their will be a pre-order and time frame given? With the price throwed around for the new AQ, if this coil can get me the depth of even disc mode..... $400 is looking pretty good compared to $2800 to $3500. At the kind of depth we are starting to talk about between the two..... sure comes in handy to move a little sand and KNOW.... its a LEAVER-RIGHT.
February 18, 2021 11:44PM
Well i see this price will be listed TONIGHT as well as availability and Aaron is taking pre-orders. For you Fl guys Tom D is a dealer i can not remember the other guy in Calf for you guys out there.