Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

12” MDT coil

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: 12” MDT coil
February 19, 2021 12:48AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well i see this price will be listed TONIGHT as we
> ll as availability and Aaron is taking pre-orders.
> For you Fl guys Tom D is a dealer i can not rememb
> er the other guy in Calf for you guys out there.

Think this is Ca dealer.
[transbaymetaldetectors.com]

Here is dealer in Ga.
[northgeorgiarelics.com]

FYI
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I have received 4 PM's (in 3-days)……. asking if I
> am a Tarsacci dealer; hence, this new post.
> Palm Beach Metal Detectors and Aaron are also deal
> ers. (There's also other dealers).
> FYI !!!

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2021 01:11AM by tnsharpshooter.
February 19, 2021 11:03AM
See i had no idea there was another dealer here in Fl even. IF thats the official website they need to list the dealers. I noticed the MSRP is $360..... MSRP normally isnt the final price.. in this case it maybe. Pre-orders apparently are being taken by Aaron...... so we really still dont know when they will be shipped. Im hoping Tom can clear some of this up. Id like to have one.
cdv
February 19, 2021 12:24PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> See i had no idea there was another dealer here in
> Fl even. IF thats the official website they need
> to list the dealers. I noticed the MSRP is $360..
> ... MSRP normally isnt the final price.. in this c
> ase it maybe. Pre-orders apparently are being tak
> en by Aaron...... so we really still dont know whe
> n they will be shipped. Im hoping Tom can clear s
> ome of this up. Id like to have one.

Well, you won on the price bet......but as you said, we still don't know when it will be available......isn't that the root word for availability?
February 19, 2021 01:39PM
Also , it is said to be deeper. But
No specifics of that. I will gladly pay
For inches deeper, but not for less than
that. On a nickel, dime, gold ring.
February 19, 2021 02:07PM
Looks like Aaron got the 'jump' on the 12" coil........ to include taking the orders (even the Florida ones.... as I am finding out).
I don't even have a proto 12" coil yet..... to impart/convey scientific data. The proto has been sent my way....... but have not received it yet. I refuse to support/promote/sell/represent a product....... unless I have first-hand data.....and my 'gut' truly likes/embraces it. I'm a 'data' kind of guy. Wet salt performance of this coil is probably prioritized as a secondary interest/concern....... otherwise ..... the data would have already been out. I speculate videos of the new coil ....were the priority. Looks like Aaron got the 'go-ahead' to post the price..... and take orders.
I 'should' receive the coil soon........and 'should' be posting wet-salt data......probably..... 'soon'.
cdv
February 19, 2021 02:32PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Looks like Aaron got the 'jump' on the 12" coil...
> ..... to include taking the orders (even the Flori
> da ones.... as I am finding out).
> I don't even have a proto 12" coil yet..... to imp
> art/convey scientific data. The proto has been sen
> t my way....... but have not received it yet. I re
> fuse to support/promote/sell/represent a product..
> ..... unless I have first-hand data.....and my 'gu
> t' truly likes/embraces it. I'm a 'data' kind of g
> uy. Wet salt performance of this coil is probably
> prioritized as a secondary interest/concern.......
> otherwise ..... the data would have already been o
> ut. I speculate videos of the new coil ....were th
> e priority. Looks like Aaron got the 'go-ahead' to
> post the price..... and take orders.
> I 'should' receive the coil soon........and 'shoul
> d' be posting wet-salt data......probably..... 'so
> on'.

I worked closely with Engineers like you for the last 15 years of my working days Tom.....I'm anxiously awaiting your data driven gut feelings on this coil.....I already know what the machine can do with the stock coil and am quite happy with it "as is"....however....additional inches "would" be a motivator in my purchase!
Cliff
February 19, 2021 02:53PM
I believe the word used for depth differences between the coils was CONSIDERABLE by you know who.

Yeah the Tarsacci website needs USA dealers listed.

Not to attack or diminish the work efforts of Tarcassi inventor.

Seems Tarsacci was geared more to salt water application hunting at onset. Yet a seemingly smaller coil than the competition was made for MDT 8000. Usually beach hunters like both depth and coverage. So seems one would think the 12” coil would have been hatched first.
Sorta backwards here compared to other detectors. Usually a smaller sized is released or made after the stocker is released with detector.

Guess the shape of the stocker coil for Tarsacci was designed for a reason? Surely there was a good reason(s). This gent who made Tarsacci is sharp cookie. No doubt.

Be curious to see if size of target (depth),, is there some sacrifice made here using bigger coil vs stocker.

I may get the big coil. Unsure yet.

While I am here.
Few thoughts.
This subject of coil size as it applies to VLF detectors has been discussed here previously.
Notice Minelab seems was leader of pack really for making it seems 11” round the ultimate all around performer for depth.
White’s didn’t do.
Fisher didn’t do.
Garret didn’t do.
Xp didn’t do when Deus first released.
Makro Nokta didn’t do on their earlier releases.
Why?
It is because these companies couldn’t find a way to make an 11” round coil and negate ground effects?

Tarsacci being not ideally VLF tech. Could we surmise 12” approx round coil is the ultimate all arounder for depth when searching for coins, jewelry, etc. both smaller and bigger? Or does the stock size Tarsacci coil fit this billing?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2021 03:39PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 19, 2021 03:44PM
Thanks for that info Tom. Like Cliff, im on hold until i get a little more info..... and just when the coil can be ordered, not pre ordered. Thats more a list of those wanting it. I just seen a U-video on pre-order as well by Aaron. I hope ya get that coil soon and can give us a good run down. Thats a chunk of change .... but thats been said from the beginning. Got to hurry i see gold is dropping lol.
February 19, 2021 03:55PM
I thought Tom's words sometime back were quite telling.
Something like: It would have been easier to develop a detector around a larger coil rather than a larger coil for the current Tarcassi.
February 20, 2021 11:30AM
At this point i guess my question is ...Tom, why would I want to buy a 12" coil when it has not been saltwater tested yet? You have provided no saltwater data yet, nor has anyone at this point? Is it geared more toward the dirt guys.... id kind of like to know that.
February 20, 2021 03:16PM
I am reasonably confident they would not produce another coil if it did not make some noticeable gains over stock coil. The big companies might be able to throw stuff out there for the sake of making it. A smaller startup like tarsacci, cannot afford to be wasting their time effort or money on a product that is not a definite Improvement.
February 21, 2021 01:24PM
gman........that is correct. Tarsacci's small entity/(4-man) team.....may be a small start-up company; yet, I doubt a 'mediocre' product would ever be produced. Especially this early...in the start-up game. Tarsacci and Minelab are the World's top two (technological supremacy) entities out there. (((The tremendous sales of the MDT-8000 are testimony.......,,,,,,,,,along with the unsuspectingly rapid growth of sales....especially lately))). It would be ALL TOO EASY for Tarsacci to 'slip' and fall behind....especially this early in the game.......if precautionary steps are not implemented.,.,.,.,.,.,. and I seriously doubt Dimitar would ever let that happen. (Nor will I). He is not a youngster.....and has witnessed corporate success and failures . , . , . , . , . , . , . and has taken some serious notes on both accounts.

Dew...... I fully understand your concern. What makes the situation even more perplexing is...... Dimitar can start shipping production unit 12" coils ......as early as tomorrow (Monday).......and I still do not have a proto 12" coil to evaluate. The Tarsacci has turned out to be the World's top ID relic detector..... especially in medium and bad dirt. And now the 12" coil has increased this "World's lead" gap to an even higher plateau. Yes....... a lot more emphasis has been put on turf and MDT. Saltwater performance became secondary....... for two (possibly unsuspecting) reasons. First........ Dimitar is not just simply a 'hunter' himself. He is a DIEHARD hunter. (Extreme passion). He lives only 90-minutes from the ocean........and has extensively tested the 12" coil on the beach...... both on a clean wet-salt beach........and also on black sand + wet-salt beach. Secondly............ Dimitar and I tested the 12" coil at Jupiter Beach inlet, Florida.... a couple of months ago. Dimitar fully demonstrated the coil.,.,.,.,.,.,.,., and there was enough time for me to test the coil for a few minutes myself. No anomalies were noted; hence, Dimitar & Co.....feels quantified/qualified to release this new coil. I merely have "warm fuzzies" about this coil thus far. Full scientific data collection (with hours of testing) is what my gut needs...... in order to stand behind this product. At this point....I have zero concerns, zero red flags........even though I only have a few minutes of personal 'test-time' with the coil. As is..... the Tarsacci is a fair amount better performer over the EQX in a saltwater environment. With the 12" coil....... this gap will increase even further........,,,,,,,,,,,placing the Tarsacci even higher up the flagship totem pole; yet, because I only have a few minutes of experience with the 12" coil........ I do not know by "how" much. I NEED exacting "data"!
February 21, 2021 01:43PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
"The Tarsacci has turned out to be the World's top ID relic detector."

That is quite a claim.
February 21, 2021 05:52PM
Tom, wish you would have had time to come over to the Florida Hunt 7, even for a little while. They had them sitting on the table and although I got to pick it up and look it over well, I regret not buying one right there. I got caught up in the relic hunting and giveaways, and missed them later darn it! I really did appreciate the time Dimitar spent showing me around the detector a little more, reassuring me that it’s in no need of an update and giving me some tips and tricks (and pointing out something set wrong on my detector that a newbie should have caught winking smiley. Nothing like getting it straight from the source.
February 21, 2021 05:54PM
Tom, wish you would have had time to come over to the Florida Hunt 7 yesterday, even for a little while. They had them sitting on the table and although I got to pick it up and look it over well, I regret not buying one right there. I got caught up in the relic hunting and giveaways, and missed them later darn it! I really did appreciate the time Dimitar spent showing me around the detector a little more, reassuring me that it’s in no need of an update and giving me some tips and tricks (and pointing out something set wrong on my detector that a newbie should have caught winking smiley. Nothing like getting it straight from the source.
February 21, 2021 06:18PM
So Gary.... Dimitar was at the hunt? I seen it to late. Was the ones shown with or without the battery upgrade and did you ask about waterproof? Didn’t happen to have the coil there did he? I assume one of the dealers was there.
February 21, 2021 10:06PM
Gary...... glad you got to meet Dimitar at the show.
Almost went. At first....... it sounded like a 'closed-door' show. But........ now i know!