Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Vista and pull taba

Posted by Detectorist 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Vista and pull taba
August 31, 2020 11:51PM
Does the Vista still retain good depth if pull tabs are discriminated out?
Re: Vista and pull taba
September 01, 2020 12:17AM
Yes very good depth and very good at discing out pulltabs.

I was hunting a site the other evening and it was full of modern trash and old iron.I set first disc on nail reject of about 25 and second on zinc reject right at point where they switched tone.

In one area I pulled a good many early wheats teens and 20s by hearing that tight hit in first disc and switching to second disc and they sounded like the zinc reject sound.I actually cherry picked every signal that sounded like that in that spot and they were dead on wheat backs. and dug no trash very fun to do.And yes when I would dig them wheats there was nails everywhere in the holes and area was full of melted aluminum.like a 1880s-1940 house site in woods.this was with the 8 Ocatgon.

Impressive its all in the audio.

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
September 02, 2020 02:46PM
Thank you Keith!
September 11, 2020 10:30PM
With the nuances in the audio on the Vista X, would it be possible to pick out rings amongst most of the aluminum tabs? I would think the rings might give a smoother audio, where as alot of aluminum has a more harsh sound. I had the Vista gold years back, and the audio was amazing.