Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

If anyone has an Eric Foster Goldscan 5c they want to trade let me know

Posted by texkinzee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
If anyone has an Eric Foster Goldscan 5c they want to trade let me know
September 10, 2020 09:59PM
I gave mine to Whites when we worked on the TDI Project
Re: If anyone has an Eric Foster Goldscan 5c they want to trade let me know
September 10, 2020 10:21PM
Are the Goldscans better than the TDI range then,i own possibly what was the last TDI Pro sold here in the UK before the battery ban.Mainly use it for specific uses with a selection of Minelab GPX Mono coils as i have never liked the stock coil that came with the machine.

Will be interesting to see your reply which is the better machine out of the 2.
September 10, 2020 11:37PM
It was better in my opinion.I found alot of relics others missed when I use to hunt DIV. The TDI is still a good detector. The Minelab GPX 4500 rules the roost now.
September 11, 2020 12:15AM
Yes..... the GoldScan-5 (and AquaStar-II) are VERY customized, individually hand-built units..... with VERY tight-tolerance (requirement) coils. They are a TRUE 10uS platform.
GoldScan-5/AquaStar-II are much better units (that are not 'economically' assembly-line/mass produced).
September 12, 2020 08:18AM
I think 30 were made right??? I got 1 and LeJag 1 both modded by Alexandre Tartar

RR
September 12, 2020 10:46AM
RR........ that number sounds about right.
I know the TDI took after the GoldScan-5.
The AQ also takes after the GoldScan-5.
It is the one to follow/copy after.

I had a GoldScan-5........ and it was unable to "Ground Balance" to my Central Florida wet-salt. (((Same problem with Bill Crabtree's GS-5....... when he met me down here in Florida))). This rendered its mild form of ID circuitry: 'useless'.............soooooo............. I had to place it back in the All Metal Mode....... which reverts the unit back to AquaStar-II status. The GS-5 & AS-II had the exact same transmitter. Also: Exact same performance.

It amazes me that Chief Design Engineers are still chasing a 1998 model (technology). Eric Foster done well!!!