Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anybody Here???

Posted by TexHunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anybody Here???
September 16, 2020 04:42PM
Haven't seen any posts since Monday. Everybody ok?
Re: Anybody Here???
September 16, 2020 04:49PM
Crazy situation out here what with the fires & virus.
September 16, 2020 06:07PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Crazy situation out here what with the fires & vir
> us.

I understand. Very unusual for there to not be any posts for almost two days...
September 16, 2020 08:21PM
I was checking my name, i though i got band or something.
September 16, 2020 09:06PM
Lately my smartphones says at top connection to this site not secure? Anyone else see this on there phone?
It never did that before?
September 17, 2020 06:20AM
Must admit the forum is getting slower and sloweeerrr in this last 6 months or so,other forums are still active so its not just things like the Pandemic or FaceBook the latter has killed off most forums in the last 5+ years or so.

Hope it picks up again but it just seems to be slowly dying.
September 17, 2020 08:39AM
software needs an upgrade urgently

take a look at [www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk] for a modern setup
September 20, 2020 02:06AM
I am here. Lol
Doing other things - not detecting.
Hunting mostly.

Cheers
September 20, 2020 02:32AM
It isn't just this forum that is getting slower.
September 20, 2020 10:36AM
Nothing really new to badger back and fourth about. Apex? It is what it is. And as Del mentioned, most forums seem to be slow.
HH jim tn
September 20, 2020 10:57PM
I have also noticed a slowdown on ALL the sites in what I like to call “relevant content”. Meaning....the same guys hunting the same ground for many years will have less and less to report. New tech comes along and spruces things up momentarily but doesn’t necessarily outright change any games. I have wracked my brain for 3 years trying to figure out how to bring my local sites “back to life” but sadly, I’m thinking there just isn’t much life left in them. Think about it.....generations of hunters have hunted the SAME public grounds WE hunt, and I’d imagine my places have been gone through a hundred times before I even started detecting. Most of us are just “batting clean up”, and that’s why it’s a nice occasion when we go out and find ONE good coin in a weekend! Until something R-A-D-I-C-A-L-L-Y different comes about, such as hi-res soil imaging, it’s going to continue to slow down as the finds peter out and the people do too. There just isn’t anything notable to discuss. I’d actually rather have it this way instead of people just filling the void with hot air, which is what I have seen ALOT of.
September 20, 2020 11:20PM
excellent point! i been hunting over 35 years, and unless you have time to do tons of new research ( i don't)
so therefore public places get the nod, and just about everywhere is cooked!..hunted by everyone and his brother
for years and years.still,even after these facts are understood,the very latest "multi-iq" IS making a difference.the offerings from
minelab offer "real" advantages in parks, and other public places.the acquisition of the really good vanquish 540 has made a difference for
me in "trash choked" areas!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
September 21, 2020 12:53AM
jmaryt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> excellent point! i been hunting over 35 years, and
> unless you have time to do tons of new research (
> i don't)
> so therefore public places get the nod, and just a
> bout everywhere is cooked!..hunted by everyone and
> his brother
> for years and years.still,even after these facts a
> re understood,the very latest "multi-iq" IS making
> a difference.the offerings from
> minelab offer "real" advantages in parks, and othe
> r public places.the acquisition of the really good
> vanquish 540 has made a difference for
> me in "trash choked" areas!..just sayin'
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

+1
September 21, 2020 03:15PM
Most public spots being closed do to so many pounding a spot at once also. It use to be a small cult like hobby before YouTube came around.