Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP ORX ???

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP ORX ???
September 19, 2020 03:51PM
Might not be able to afford one this season but am thinking about trying an XP ORX, what do you folks think of them for coin & jewelry hunting in the dirt no beach hunting. Hope everyone is happy and safe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2020 03:53PM by SkiWhiz.
Re: XP ORX ???
September 19, 2020 04:29PM
You know Tnrob, just ask him as he has one and loves it. Sold all his other detectors I believe and kept just it.
September 19, 2020 04:38PM
I bought a Deus 6 or 7 years ago and was not all that happy with it. I had the larger coil on it and it felt nose heavy and at the time I was overwhelmed by all the setting options. Sold it in less than a year. I got a great deal on an ORX earlier this year and was using it as a back up to my back up as I have carried the 'nox and Tarsacci for 3 years. It has the smaller HF coil and is under 1 kilo! I got a deal on a Deus controller recently and updated it to 5.2 and it installed like a dream. I've torn my shoulder and had a stent put in a couple months ago and can't get the shoulder fixed for 6 months. So ... (long story I know) swinging the sub 4 pound detectors has become increasingly painful. The XP has been a God send. I had ordered Andy's book and with little trouble and several excellent U-Tube's, I've only had a slight drop in finds and still can hunt. Lately it's been about 50/50 dry beach and park hunts.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2020 04:40PM by Pasttom.
September 19, 2020 04:40PM
Absolutely LOVES pull tabs of every shape and form in all Freqs. Light weight, easy to travel with and overall is a dumbed down Deus, If you get past the pull tab issue and like the Deus style and type detector you might just really like it.
September 19, 2020 04:53PM
Steve, I'm very happy with my Xp Orx w/ 9" hf coil. Separation is incredible. It will hit a coin with nail raised above it. I haven't had any falsing in iron either. I really like the wireless headphones. Depth in my mild ground is right there with the Equinox.

I got the waterproof kit and it works great in the water. It is rated to 16'.

It's hard not to like this detector.
September 19, 2020 09:09PM
Hey steve, I see you just sold your smart plus. Wondering if u ever tried the Vista X, ?
September 19, 2020 09:59PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey steve, I see you just sold your smart plus. Wo
> ndering if u ever tried the Vista X, ?

I have not tried the Vista X, if I decide not to get the ORX I am sure that I will be wanting to get another DeepTech detector.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2020 10:40PM by SkiWhiz.
September 20, 2020 02:10AM
ORX is dumb down Deus.
It will locate things big time.
Problem is you don’t have very good idea of target’s conductivity.
So ORX like Deus better Relic and jewelry hunter vs coin.
Still though worthy detector.
You hunt iron sites, Deus or ORX or one of the hardwire goldmaxx power units work well.
September 20, 2020 05:05AM
As with all jewelry hunting ...... gotta dig all repeatable signals above Iron .......with The ORX, I normally put the remote in my pocket & dig all repeatable mid tones ...... real fast & easy detector ......I can swing it for hours.
September 20, 2020 10:48AM
Thanks for all your replies I appreciate it.
September 20, 2020 11:11AM
I have a ORX and have been pretty successful using it for coins and jewelry. It smacks my 10" dime in 4 bar dirt. If you are coin hunting dig all 90's and up VDI's and you will be popping coins up left and right. The X35 9" coil goes from 4khz to 27 or 28khz. It covers all of my hunting needs.
September 20, 2020 12:25PM
88junior Wrote:
> I have a ORX and have been pretty successful using
> it for coins and jewelry. It smacks my 10" dime in
> 4 bar dirt. If you are coin hunting dig all 90's a
> nd up VDI's and you will be popping coins up left
> and right. The X35 9" coil goes from 4khz to 27 o
> r 28khz. It covers all of my hunting needs.

Thanks Morgan, I am curious have you ever located a target and switched to the different frequencies on the x35 coil scanning the target before you dug it. Wondering if you find a big difference and do use a frequency more than others. Thanks.
September 20, 2020 06:36PM
Steve the VDI's change a little using different frequencies. I really like using around 15 Khz on it. It seems to be a good frequency for coins and jewelry.
September 20, 2020 07:26PM
I like 28khz. I have less emi problems at 28khz to 28.8khz.
September 22, 2020 01:46AM
SkiWhiz Wrote:
> 88junior Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have a ORX and have been pretty successful usi
> ng
> > it for coins and jewelry. It smacks my 10" dime
> in
> > 4 bar dirt. If you are coin hunting dig all 90's
> a
> > nd up VDI's and you will be popping coins up lef
> t
> > and right. The X35 9" coil goes from 4khz to 27
> o
> > r 28khz. It covers all of my hunting needs.
>
> Thanks Morgan, I am curious have you ever located
> a target and switched to the different frequencies
> on the x35 coil scanning the target before you dug
> it. Wondering if you find a big difference and do
> use a frequency more than others. Thanks.

Yes I have.. but with a Deus using 11" x35 coil. Was detecting and old school yard and while in 4kHz got a soft whisper. Sensitivity was I believe 96, 5 tones, deep program. I wanted to be sure it wasn't aluminum So I tried 8kHz and sound became softer, then 12 and sound was all but gone. Went back to 4khHz and tried boost and that helped a little. Dug target and at a foot deep was an 1864 2 cent coin. Deepest coin I dug in a while at the time. A few feet away I dug a 1789 half reale just a couple minutes later. Deus and ORX detectors are very good .
September 22, 2020 11:38AM
On the deus you can normalise the vdi it's an option dont know if you can with the orx, i think most of the orx are with hf coil, you can buy x35 orx now it's the better option as you will get low freq 4khz middle freq and hf in the same coil.

Btw i didnt own equinox personnaly but somebody say equinox is better as you use multifreq it's make sense, where the orx/deus shine it's on weight and ergonomics.