Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

not gold day

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
not gold day
September 19, 2020 07:59PM
Finally the water settled down today and was able to do about 7 hours out there. 4 other hunters were out there grinding it today. When i left none had found gold. I hit spot where all the coins were deep......ended up getting nearly $3.50 in quarters. I assume it was a transition point where those floaters ended up. The rings i found are still some unique ones. The tiny one isnt marked but will hold on 10K.... but im thinking its NOT GOLD... its brass. SS.... ugh that are getting old finding them in the scoop. They look good at 6AM. Not sure what the stone is on the silver one. Made out of silver wire..... very well made.

Re: not gold day
September 20, 2020 02:10AM
One of those: "ALMOST" ..... days!!!
September 20, 2020 10:39AM
That one silver ring is pretty neat, though. HH jim tn
September 20, 2020 10:59AM
Jim, ive been finding some unique silver rings. Maybe because the crowds on the beach are different in some way. Me and the guys have been trying to find 4 or 5 rings this past week......just dont seem to be happening after the storm. Im really disliking the SS ALMOST golds....all of us seem to be getting more of them. The crazy thing this year has been sun glasses......we are finding them by the buck loads. sometimes 4 or 5 a hunt. The guys have made a game of it posing them.
September 20, 2020 11:54AM
Yeah, almost every water post I see has sun glasses shown. And, ss is showing up occasionally on land hunts now as well. I like old silver anything, but some of the new silver jewelry designs are pretty unique and neat. Good luck! HH jim tn
September 21, 2020 01:37PM
the sunglasses phenomenon....is due to no one remembering to actually wear them on their nose to cover their eyes....pretty sure somewhere on instagram or tikkytok or the tweeter pages someone told them to put them on top of their heads and walk around out in the water to protect scalp from suns rays.
September 22, 2020 09:57AM
Man that was dumb if thats what they are doing. We have a fairly new FB page which has really produced more hunters whe has turned it into a bit of a game showing off their daily sun glasses collection. But, even me and my hunting buddy has be talking about the huge number we been finding. It goes along with more rings......but far less gold this year. Is it possible it has to do with contributors? More locals who wear sun glasses and less jewelry to the beach? The beaches here were also very sanded in near shore so they went out further as well..... and in a lot of instances had to swim back to shore with the high tide ranges.
September 22, 2020 03:45PM
Use to be show off the jewelry. .. now it's show off the tattoos.
September 23, 2020 01:33PM
True... but it seems everyone still loves the Mr T chains. Some so big you wonder how they keep from drowning. Now thou a lot are platted SS.... ugh