Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Golden Mask 5+_SE platinum ?

Posted by coinspader 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Golden Mask 5+_SE platinum ?
September 24, 2020 05:58PM
Looking for a backup to my Equinox and I have been checking out a Golden Mask unit, it has 2 frequencies 15khz and 30khz. I was wondering if anybody has some experience with these detectors like how are they in high trash and what kind of depth I can expect from it in relatively mild soil. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. smiling smiley
Re: Golden Mask 5+_SE platinum ?
September 24, 2020 08:04PM
I've had a few GM's, and my daughter has the GM one 15khz.
There great detectors, tough coils, well made, super in iron etc there more relic detectors than park hunters.
Warranty repairs would be your biggest concern.

My daughters GM kicks my Nox on Monty's nailboard test with a high conductor coin and near identical size.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2020 05:14AM by ghound.
September 24, 2020 08:32PM
I would check out the Golden Mask 6 with the fighter coil 3 frequencies
September 25, 2020 12:01AM
Yeah I am still shopping around, I saw a Golden Mask on the auction site and was wondering about it. I haven't really decided what to get yet.
September 25, 2020 03:11PM
The Golden Mask 6 looks interesting....

HH
Mike
September 25, 2020 06:49PM
I almost bought a GM5 a while back, but warranty service and lack of practically anyone in the US running one persuaded me to stick with the Makro/Nokta selctable multi freq. machines.

There's still a lot of things going for Golden Mask IMO, they're certainly priced right and have a good detecting feature set, I like their collapsible rods, wireless headphones.

I see on their site that they have multiple versions of their GM5, including this interesting bit:

The 5+ SE is made with new generation Etrim ™ Operational amplifiers (op amps) with EMI/RFI filtered inputs.

@NASA Tom - what do you make of this? It seems like something all detector vendors should be leveraging if their not already.
September 26, 2020 02:49AM
Brian...... this is one option (and a moderately good choice).
Funny this exact subject should be brought up.........as........... there is a large campaign for EMI mitigation/elimination that is taking place right now.
September 30, 2020 11:41PM
coinspader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking for a backup to my Equinox and I have been
> checking out a Golden Mask unit, it has 2 frequenc
> ies 15khz and 30khz. I was wondering if anybody ha
> s some experience with these detectors like how ar
> e they in high trash and what kind of depth I can
> expect from it in relatively mild soil. Any input
> would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. smiling smiley
Well I found a detector, I went completely opposite of the one I mentioned here, I bought a near mint condition Whites pro XL smiling smiley it has been awhile since I ran an analog detector from Whites but I remember how good they were. The few I ran in the 6000 series were all blue boxes but this one was the last analog they made before they went digital I believe. I always had fun the ones I used to have so I am looking forward to this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2020 11:47PM by coinspader.
cjc
October 02, 2020 01:43AM
A buddy of mine who really knows his machines quite likes the GM. I looked at it and saw that it has a very unique display that gives you a good idea as to the iron content of a target. Looks like a great relic / pasture machine. Would love to get one. cjc