Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

confused smiley Gold Hunting In Water:xp Deus HF 9" Coil 28 Khz Or X35 9" Coil 28 Khz Which One Is Better?

Posted by timmysys 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Which one is better or they are equal? Has anyone done a comparison test between the two coils for a jewelry hunt in the water? (freshwater or land)

Both are able to use the same frequency. 28 kHz is very good for detecting gold. When I hunt in the water it is a very useful feature of target ID normalization. On the of LF coil, this was a big advantage. I set the gold range, so I only dug out the signals that belong to it.
The HF 9" coil is great, but when I increase the frequency the VDI changes, getting higher and higher. The upper range will become narrower. This makes it difficult to decide whether to dig or not.
Let's look at an example.
A 1.5 g 14K wedding ring is the test object.
HF 9 "coil at 14 kHz = ID 50, 28 kHz = ID 65, 56 kHz = ID 79.
X35 11 "coil 11.3 kHz = ID 54, 16.4 kHz = ID 54, 25.4 kHz = ID 54!
If I use frequency offset these numbers will change a bit.

The general opinion of many people is that the HF coil is the best. I'm not so sure about that. I looked at this idea in terms of the gold jewelry hun
For jewelry hunting ether the x35 coil or HF coils will work...... as the sweet spot for jewelry hunting is around the 26 KHz...... both coils can cover this...... The HF coils are less EMI Prone ........this is just for jewelry hunting only. ...... someone was a deep coin and jewelry hunter then the x35 would be better.....as you can have both of the desire frequency’s
Very interesting video! May it help eliminate the ground noise in water to hear the small low conductors. I am curiuos how will works in water hunting with it.

Silencer and reactivity how helps.

[youtu.be]
Most fresh water hunters don't take into consideration black sand will lower target ID, only a few understand this.

That's why I don't worry about target ID, you can't cherry pick gold jewelry targets defecting in fresh water black sand. The deeper the target, the lower it'll ID.

I do use use the 9" HF coil for fresh water, don't worry about the HF coil rasing ID with increasing freq. To give you an example, I have dug quarters ID'ing as iron. The harsh black sand dropped down conductivity that low. You still need to dig all targets if seriously going after gold jewelry, especially gold jewelry it's already at a disadvantage due to its low conductivity.

Fresh water black sand defecting is totally different from hunting on land, West Coast seasoned water hunters who hunt in harsh black sand know this.

Good luck,
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2020 11:21PM by Apolonio (CA).
Re: confused smiley Gold Hunting In Water:xp Deus HF 9" Coil 28 Khz Or X35 9" Coil 28 Khz Which One Is Better?
November 03, 2020 11:41PM
Paul,

Good input.
Good response!
Valid.
Very good information Paul!
Thanks Tom and Timmy,

Water hunting in harsh black sand can be challenging, I've seen water hunters pass up targets ID'ing as iron not realizing the target conductivity dropped into iron range due to black sand mineralization.

Timmy, try not to focus on Target ID when hunting under harsh fresh water black sand mineralization. You may have to shift into a dig all mindset, many of the gold jewelry targets will ID in iron range.

Good luck!
Paul
I will try to keep this advice in mind. It’s very difficult to do this when there are a lot of targets and the effect of the lake bed is also so frustrating. The water is already quite cold at 10-11 degrees Celsius, this is already a drysuit period. I slipped this season this year and could barely find anything yet.

Apolonio (CA) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Tom and Timmy,
>
> Water hunting in harsh black sand can be challengi
> ng, I've seen water hunters pass up targets ID'ing
> as iron not realizing the target conductivity drop
> ped into iron range due to black sand mineralizati
> on.
>
> Timmy, try not to focus on Target ID when hunting
> under harsh fresh water black sand mineralization.
> You may have to shift into a dig all mindset, many
> of the gold jewelry targets will ID in iron range.
>
> Good luck!
> Paul