Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New Nel coil

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New Nel coil
December 14, 2020 03:51PM
Has anyone here had any experience with the newly released Nel Super Fly coil
Re: New Nel coil
December 14, 2020 07:48PM
Is that the same size as the standard. Friend here had to have his replaced and he opted for a Nel coil they had. He’s not a fan... he said he thought it was even chattier in the water.than the ML. I’ve owned a couple on other machines.... personally I liked them..... especially for separation. I’m glad to see an after market company do this.
December 14, 2020 08:47PM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is that the same size as the standard. Friend he
> re had to have his replaced and he opted for a Nel
> coil they had. He’s not a fan... he said he thou
> ght it was even chattier in the water.than the ML.
> I’ve owned a couple on other machines.... personal
> ly I liked them..... especially for separation. I
> ’m glad to see an after market company do this.

The Super Fly coil is 11x12 and weighs 14.6 oz.. the color scheme is black/red, looks pretty good
December 14, 2020 09:15PM
If you look up NEL Fly on YT you will see a foreign gentleman testing it on an Xterra and also a NEL Tornado. Didn't sound like a lot of difference in their depth but NEL says the new Fly coil is very sensitive to small targets so that might be why their depth sounded similar. Would like to see or read some tests in English.
December 16, 2020 01:17PM
Another foreign gentleman on YT had a video about the coil and I noticed he understood English due to his replies in the comment section. He said he saw no difference in depth when compared with the Tornado and the Fly was of course lighter.