Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Here’s a used Fisher Impulse AQ limited for sale

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here’s a used Fisher Impulse AQ limited for sale
December 30, 2020 03:58AM
For anyone looking for one.

[www.detectorprospector.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 03:59AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Here’s a used Fisher Impulse AQ limited for sale
December 30, 2020 11:49AM
Wow this appears to be Steves Hs machine. That non-transferrable warranty is a pretty big deal. Hope he sales it i know he takes care of his equipment so it should be like new. He mentioned hes not able to spend much time salt water beach hunting. OR is it possible .... like Joe he got to try out the new production model? Should be a quick sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 11:58AM by dewcon4414.
December 30, 2020 12:56PM
This was said in the listing...

(but the discrimination is limited at best)

HMMM interesting...that statement about sums it up...

Where is the ole guy who was pushing this this thing... I figured he would be over telling us how it does have excellent discrimination capabilities by now...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2020 01:00PM by calabash digger.
December 30, 2020 12:57PM
Wow. I was hoping NOT to see/hear this!
But........ I have not seen/heard anything about the new AQ/Impulse on this forum.......for almost a half-year.
I wonder if there are even 40 units out there (sold).......and if anyone is genuinely using the ID Mode as their primary Mode. I have heard very little about the performance of the ID Mode.
December 30, 2020 02:56PM
It goes like this imo.
If a pi detector actually is head and shoulders above the rest for depth, and ID of nonferrous and ferrous.

You send a few of these out.

To.
Mr Dankowski
Dew

And if the detector does well. And is reported on here and a couple other forums.
Fisher could perhaps push a lot of their VLF production off in the floor and start faster production of the Impulse AQ units.
Andeven for $1500 bucks would sell boatloads.

The Excal folks, CTX folks, Eqx folks and others would dump or quit using these detectors in a heartbeat.

And the detecting forums would be crawling with folks posting experiences and finds to boot using Impulse AQ unit.

Where were/are of the head to heads comparing this Impulse AQ unit to the other units in the wild??
I don’t think I have seen a single one.
December 30, 2020 04:06PM
Steve is going to get another one when the production models are out. He's not abandoning the Fisher Impulse AQ. Really though he wants the nugget AQ.
December 30, 2020 05:24PM
Ummm if Joe has one ya don’t think maybe he does? Several improvements in the production model... but at a price. Hopefully it also has that warranty restoration lifted on resale. Most hunters if they had the chance to jump on say an Eric Foster machine would.... so I suspect this will be worth having. Not so much as a daily hunt but as a great cleanup machine... much like a PI is used for now. When no body’s getting gold like here in the winter right now..... this machine maybe worth its salt. BUT.... don’t expect to hall butt down the beach or in the water. Deep detector ... or at least the ones used right you tend to slow down a lot of weak targets are filtered out. It’s not a VLF so it would be a mistake to think you will be able to use it like one. Hoping the production model isn’t put off much longer.... ugh.
December 31, 2020 12:30AM
My number came up to buy one but I passed. I would rather wait for the production model or even the prospector model after hearing about the wire issues and short battery life. Never heard any reports of finds/performance gains that impressed me either. Bottom line it's a PI and still has many of the characteristics of most PI's. So if I'm going to own one I want a finished production model.
January 01, 2021 04:00AM
Why would one buy a proto-type??
January 01, 2021 12:05PM
Pretty simple to answer.... a detector that could exceed Eric Fosters machine in depth, its ability to us a very low uS, good warranty, and supposedly $1K cheaper than the production model that would be exactly the same machine..... but the big draw was it was a disc PI. Some users still feel even thou the machine isnt quit as promised.... thats it a darn good buy. The kicker .... im not sure all knew it was as you called it a proto-type..... now things are changing for the better with the production model.... and hopefully it has a transferable warranty if the price increases. There has been a few bugs with the limited machines.....quality control i think. Im sure Fisher believed they could kick out 100 fairly quickly..... but man the virus has really been a factor. Seems some had no back ground with a PI..... and this one seems to be a challenge just because of the way it operates and its a highly sensitive/deep machine so some posts were made i think should have been held off until they got a handle on how to use it. its gotten a lot quieter ..... maybe they have learned now lol. The limited battery time was solved ....not by Fisher, but by OBN..... that was a big deal. For the money..... i still think its a very good deal if some issues dont bother you and you now when and where to use it.
January 01, 2021 01:01PM
And where is Rick? Is Rick gone? No longer a part of the Fisher team?

I just fear Fisher going in the same direction as White's. (Maybe not Bounty Hunter......or Night Owl Optics).
January 01, 2021 01:47PM
Someone contacted my buddy and said bounty hunter was using my image on a promotional v to promote their machine... Anyone else seen that? If that is true it is IRONIC.
January 01, 2021 07:43PM
Unfortunately I do see fisher following in whites footsteps. I don't own any of their detectors due to other manufacturers putting out better product. We will see soon enough. And what? They used Calabash to try and sell more product? Lol. Is that true?
January 01, 2021 08:50PM
Think positive guys.... I sure don’t want to loose a good American company. Personally I thin Carl could have given us a kicken disc PI while at Whites. You have to have a passion to design detectors.
January 02, 2021 06:15AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And where is Rick? Is Rick gone? No longer a part
> of the Fisher team?
>
> I just fear Fisher going in the same direction as
> White's. (Maybe not Bounty Hunter......or Night Ow
> l Optics)
I copiedd your post Tom and sent it to Rick as a PM to the Dectector Prospector Forum.. I asked if he was still affiliatd wiith Fisher and here is hid reply to me.

Rick Kempf 1,753
Replied: 4 hours ago

Yes, I am. I have tried to post on Dankowski, but the whole forum there is broken and in spite of using 3 different browsers, I can’t post.

Please feel free to let the few remaking folks there know that I am fine - still the only dealer for the AQ LTD and that anything posted about the AQ will appear on Steve H’s Fisher sub forum.

It is sad that Tom D never put in the hard work to make his forum first class. It is not-so-slowly dying, like so many other MD forums.
January 02, 2021 06:37AM
Thanks Elbert! I'm glad that Rick is still alive/well and thriving on Steve H's forum..........and that Steve has zero problems with Rick marketing the AQ/Impulse on his forum ..........especially in light of the fact that Steve H. is selling his Impulse. THAT'S stamina! I can only hope that (at least) 99 AQ/Impulse units have been sold......and are in full use.
Thanks once again Elbert...... for your extra footwork!
January 02, 2021 11:04AM
Odd Rick is having trouble with connecting to the forum.... especially with 3 browsers. I had an issue when changing computers, but there was something i had to change in my browser i reset.

Ill be surprised if Steve doesnt have a production model by now. Joe showed his the other day..... a gift im sure for the marketing and upgraded battery. He's one dang good hunter and can find gold with a stick. One gutsy guy to be winter hunting up there too. Now theres passion. Steve has been straight up about the machine in his write ups. I didnt feel he hyped it .... he just told it like it is. Winter has slowed most guys down so we arent getting much..... but maybe its all been said.... now the finds will tell the story. Ive not heard what the number is .... low 30s maybe sold. Hopefully Fisher wont wait to sell 100 before the production model gets out. I know the dealer have been waiting .... and waiting.
January 02, 2021 01:39PM
Here is something that would be obvious if it were true...
Even with the problems of the prototype there would be hints and glimmers of the performance discrimination enhancements...

That performance is Nonexistent ...
Steve said in his post discrimination is minimal at (best)..
Talked to another fellow about his and he will be selling it..chasing iron was his word on it...

American company or not the whole thing is nothing more than a big fiasco...

Now it is the production model is going to be this and that...

KEEP DRINKING THE KOOL AID...

Buy a Tarrssacci if your going to beach hunt at least we know it works well on the beach..

FISHER is a directionless clown show...With Rick as their ring leader on this impulse project...

Covid my arse...The technology is not there like they claimed..They are selling snake oil..

I still think about the guy posting the pile of gold rings and NEVER showing any live digs of them...He didnt know how to film but was supposed to know how to develop a state of the art metal detector.
WHAT a sham...

Somebody please pull out a GOPRO and show us these leaps and bounds discrimination performance up grades of the Impulse...

If it were true we would have already seen it...........

I got a couple of prototypes out in my building that are the cats meow but they only have a run time of 5 minutes and have no discrimination. They also have some build quality issues...

I will take 1500.00 for them and I promise the production model will be the cats meow and I will sell it to you for 2500.00 bucks.

What a joke..
January 02, 2021 05:14PM
I've been following the development of this detector from the very beginning and so far, I have seen little or no proof that the discrimination abilities have any advantage over VLF machines.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2021 05:17PM by Badger in NH.
January 02, 2021 05:21PM
Look.
Ain’t hard to go to wet salt sand.
And take a short board with couple holes drillled in. Tie strap a gold ring to.
Get a few nails and fishhooks.
Bury the Board with ring attached a few inches.
Place some of the iron above and around. Vary positioning of ferrous object(s) and see what this detector does.
Keep varying detecting scenario and see if Impluse AQ is a pass and the others are a fail.
And compare each test to the might EQx and even the Tarsacci.
Wouldn’t take long to do.
And everyone could see.
If very positive advantage is noted with Impulse over EQX and or Tarsacci.
Katy bar the door.
As demands for detector would soar.
And the forums would be lighting up with comments like, hurry up fisher and bring on the (non) limited version. I have money burning hole in pocket big time!!!

Almost like this machine is being kept secret. Per se.
Why?
Name of the game is to sell detectors and make loot!!
Or so I thought.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2021 05:25PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 02, 2021 06:15PM
Yea I have yet to see a recent comparison with another PI. I would like to see the AQ put up against a GPX, ATX, TDI, TDI beach hunter, etc. If I had one, that's the first thing I would do.
January 02, 2021 06:18PM
I believe Steve has all those machines... but I never saw him do a comparison. But in reality it’s a PI and it allegedly one of the deepest.... even with minimum disc guys like Joe likes it as a pure depth machine. I’d expect it to out perform .... depth wise ... about any beach machine. Most of the guys I know don’t use a lot of PIs because they can be to time consuming..... BUT wouldn’t you like to have one for those slow fun hunts..... like during the winter? I’m interested to see how much depth difference there would be between it and the MDT with that “coming soon” 12” coil. Nowwwww if Tom had one we would have a pretty good idea.
January 02, 2021 06:35PM
Well I've got the MDT and a GPX and the GPX with an 11" coil is like 4-5 inches deeper than the MDT. That applies to both saltwater beaches and bad dirt.
January 02, 2021 09:40PM
Quote Calabash: "Covid my arse..."

Sure hope I don't catch that strain ... wonder where they put the ventilator tube ?
January 02, 2021 09:45PM
Probably about the same place where Fisher has been blowing smoke up on everybody.....
January 02, 2021 10:43PM
Abenson.... have you tested them in the salt water? To me that’s where the MDT does it’s thing and might compare to a PI.
January 02, 2021 11:25PM
Yes in the saltwater the GPX is clearly deeper. 4-5 inches same as bad dirt. The Tarsacci has about the same depth as a Garrett infinium or the Whited surf master both PI's. The big box TDI is about 2-3 inches deeper than the Tarsacci and I'm fairly certain the AQ is quite a bit deeper as well. I've owed all of the above except the AQ and I'm pretty familiar with how they perform on saltwater beaches.
January 03, 2021 01:06AM
Hopefully the 12" coil will help with depth on Tarsacci.
January 03, 2021 02:57AM
Welp, I've kept my powder dry for a very long time, and yes I am an experienced saltwater beach hunter, so I do have an interest in applicable technology. In the linked thread below I questioned the logic of how the product was being introduced. I stand by my listed concerns of the product's performance characteristics. If it were the Holy Grail of Saltwater then it would be flying off of the shelves and Fisher would not be able to produce enough of them. Waterproof VLF's with a Saltwater mode would have had their sales significantly impacted. There are rumors of an Equinox price increase. I trust Minelab has surveyed the competition(including Fisher) to assess the prudence of this decision(if it is true). A discriminating Saltwater PI at even three times the Equinox price would call into question such a price move.

And the continuing question for Fisher. Why no equinox like package of the CZ? They could sell oodles of an F75/T2 equivalent CZ!!! The, "oh we can't translate a TTL circuit" to a digital filter via DSP just doesn't cut it! SDR(Software Defined Radios) radios are everywhere with filter functions that are highly sophisticated. As a matter of fact a Radar detector which is processing microwave frequencies called the Theia from Radenso Corp is nearing completion. And Fisher can't design a filter in the kHz range. Not exactly pushing the Nyquist ceiling now are we, even for harmonics?

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]