Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP DEUS HOW TO USE THE AUDIO RESPONSE TO DIG LESS TRASH

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP DEUS HOW TO USE THE AUDIO RESPONSE TO DIG LESS TRASH
January 01, 2021 03:24PM
Hope this helps..[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 03:30PM by calabash digger.
Re: XP DEUS HOW TO USE THE AUDIO RESPONSE TO DIG LESS TRASH
January 01, 2021 03:44PM
Good video.
Some folks imo try and run audio response at 5, thinking running setting lower they may indeed miss things. All in all though if they keep their ears tuned they won’t miss much (deeper stuff).

Calabash do another video. Go to your test garden and test on your deeper stuff varying audio response as you did in video above. And comment what you hear in headphones too when varying.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 03:45PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 01, 2021 04:09PM
Btw,
Folks need to be aware.
One could build their field programs.
Have identical settings dialed in name one audio response 3, and have an adjacent like program setup named audio response 5.
So if you got a real faint response using audio response 3 program, toggle over to audio response 5 program and have a listen. Takes small amount of time to toggle.
Name of program is displayed on screen.

Make the Deus work for using all you can.
Fast navigation once you get the hang can be very beneficial while detecting.
January 01, 2021 06:31PM
The problem here is----our old camps out west are just loaded with rusted/busted tin of ALL sizes.----Those old timers "lived" out of a tin can.---You would have to hunt in that situation to realize how bad of a problem it is.---Working iron is easy peasy compared to this.----Your method may have limited benefit on the larger pieces though.-----calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope this helps..[youtu.be]
January 01, 2021 07:16PM
I get the gist of what your talking about. I have hunted some 19030s sites that are loaded with tin and its tuff. The tricks will help and also the QUALITY of the tones. Not fool proof by no means but will help. Those are tough conditions..I agree hunting straight iron sites are a breeze compared to ones polluted with more modern junk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 07:18PM by calabash digger.
January 01, 2021 08:06PM
Cal, thanx for taking the time to do the video . I realize this video was about cans vs coins. And as such, yes, it can have merit. I think ALL OF US, over the decades, have gotten to where, sure, we can tell a can, a hubcap, etc.... vs a coin.

Starting at 1:45 : Why isn't the devil in the details there ? Ie.: yes it's true that each of those 2 targets "gives a different sound", when waived at the same coil height. Well.... SURE .... since one of the two targets is way-larger. But if you lowered the coil to within an inch of the seated coin, and then raised the coil to 6" over the larger can, then presto: Any such difference evaporates. Right ?

A very shallow coin can give the same reading as a bigger-target-deeper, right ?

I would love to see you or someone do a video where it's not "flattened conductive cans", like in your current test. Instead, would love to see a test where someone's doing the "how to reject a domino sized piece of flat iron/tin (or rusty crown caps) Which, yes, there's indisputable tricks to distinguishing. HOWEVER, the test I'd like to see is: If that's being tested alongside the proverbial "coin under the nail", then: Do each of them mimic the "flat iron" sound to potentially reject ? confused smiley
January 01, 2021 08:27PM
I never run my audio response more than 2 in the busted iron sites. Its just easier to tell good from bad. The deus gives ya all the signs ya need to tell, just need to put in the time with the machine and find the settings that work best for you and the site. When in doubt dig it out! Your gonna dig more trash than you normally would until ya learn the machine. The little 5x9 coil does a bit better at IDing the busted tin at most sites and will get ya a bit better separation. Still won't be the magic answer your looking for.
January 01, 2021 08:31PM
Kickindirt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never run my audio response more than 2 in the b
> usted iron sites. Its just easier to tell good fro
> m bad. ....

Sure. But what about a coin UNDER a large rusty nail ? Might that give the very same reject signal now ?

I can get the Deus to "do the magic" and get a coin-under-a-nail (it averages JUST FINE). Versus the nail alone is easily discerned (doesn't repeat, etc....). So by employing all these "tricks", is a person going to be missing the proverbial ghost-townsy "coin-under-the-nail" ?
January 01, 2021 09:50PM
Back to using Deus to map site.
How about using Deus to map a piece of flat iron.
Deus the way it works, chances are will yield nicer tone while sweeping elongated flat iron width ways. And yield poorer or complete iron tone when sweeping flat iron long ways.
So put your thinking cap on.
Which place nearer the elongated flat iron would an actual detectable nonferrous be lurking- odds wise?
The strong side for masking of detector would be nonferrous lying in length wise plane of flat iron.
Weak side of masking would be on width wise plane.
So a person realizing this could use their coil according and position and do sweeps. Moving coil as one sweeps back in small increments.

Could a person using fbs detector many times tell elongated flat iron? By detector behavior?

The reason it is grand to even subject the Deus to some known junk ferrous on top of the ground to note detector tendencies.

Any advantage one can gain is better than nothing.
Sites with flat iron are tough cookies.

Also knowing the shape of the flat iron if one tries to check off the ends of the flat iron they know to adjust sweep speed accordingly. Definitely don’t sweep rocket ship fast.

I have been thinking about what I do using Deus in the past. Some becomes second nature and takes some additional thought to put into words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 09:52PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 16, 2021 06:07PM
I am mainly a coin hunter in trashy, newer parks. When I get a loud signal, I wiggle the coil over the target while raising the coil. A can, or piece of junk the size of that can lid will give a very loud signal 5 or more inches above the target while a coin will drop off sharply. I do the same with questionable quarter hits that could be crown caps and will get an iron grunt on them but not on a coin. I am not saying what you said in the video is wrong, as it certainly will work. I just have developed my style of letting the Deus tell me what is probably under the coil so I can keep from digging so much trash. I still get fooled!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Thanks for another learning video.