Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What to expect coming from a Minelab to a Deus.

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What to expect coming from a Minelab to a Deus.
January 01, 2021 04:36PM
Also what not to expect.. I take a look at the Deus and use Toms program as a base staring point.
[youtu.be]
Re: What to expect coming from a Minelab to a Deus.
January 01, 2021 08:28PM
Thanx Cal ! I will try 2 to 2.5 on the recovery/reactivity, versus 3. And I will try 2 -tones vs full-tones.

I definitely know what you mean about brain-over-load that 2-tones can solve . After all: The old-school 2-filter Tesoros were simply "beep or no-beep". With a progressive knob adjust on the disc. And no Tone ID whatsoever. They were essentially 2-tone, so-to-speak. I just assumed that since I'd learned the Exp. II to have "full-screen" (and let my ears do the discerning of iron vs not-iron), that so-too should the Deus be the same way. But I will try it, as you say, in 2-tone. Thanx !

As for the recovery/reactivity at 2 to 2.5 (versus 3), you comment that the Deus still has PLENTY of speed (just via its nature), so that a person doesn't have to worry about lack of separation, by slowing it down. However, I notice you use the word "separation" at that point. Thus my question to you is : How about "averaging " ? Which is, as you know, a different issue than "separation". Right ? Is the user's ability to average, to see a coin under , (not NEXT TO) a nail, going to be compromised, when lowering to 2 or 2.5 ?
January 01, 2021 10:16PM
Thats a good question and the answer is not much at 2 or 2.5...IMO the gain of a longer tone on non ferrous outweighs the loss...
As for the tones I like the 5 tone option a little better than the two tone for the simple fact I get excited BEFORE I dig a hole and its in the silver bin...In other words 2 tones bores me and a multiple tone set up keeps me entertained.

If you are gonna run it in just two tones you might want to think about the pitch option ...
January 05, 2021 06:40PM
????

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 06:44PM by Woodbutcher.