Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Oura ring

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Oura ring
January 06, 2021 10:30PM
This was the first one of these rings ive found. Its an Ouraring.com its some sort of a health info RING that can connect to an app on your Iphone. Doesnt appear to be like the Apple Phone where once you connect it .... if you loose it no one can use it and there isnt a monthly fee. Made out of ceramics and mostly used for sleep monitoring it appears. Im tempted to buy the charger...... $59 and see if it charges and works. I did down load the app... but it wouldnt connect so im guessing it needs charged. the charger is unique..... you have to order by ring size.
Re: Oura ring
January 07, 2021 08:57AM
An interesting doodad, I'd never heard of them before. However, they seem expensive. If you're just wanting a sleep/fitness tracker, the wristwatch-style Fitbit and the many cheap clones would be a better choice, some of these clones can be less than 25 US Dollars, a quick scan on US Amazon produced a few, like:
[www.amazon.com]

The charger will have a coil of wire with high-frequency AC voltage on it, which magnetically couples to a similar coil inside the ring, basically like the primary and secondary of a transformer. The coils need to be very close to couple properly, hence why the charger is available in different sizes.
January 07, 2021 12:10PM
It more of a novelty to have since its a found gift lol. But you are right in that it the cost of a charger is more expensive than some of the fitness watches that do more. However..... many of them are NOT as waterproof as i need for constant wear. Also... battery life. Id have to take um off for in the water hunting and at night to recharge. Im lazy ..... thats why i wear a dive watch lol. Thanks for the Info on how that charger works. Never seen one posted and most hunters didnt know they existed. Sounded off nice in the water .... first scoop.
January 08, 2021 01:34PM
Pimento....... please read this and tell me what you think its saying: [support.ouraring.com]

Is it just saying you need to back up your data and return it to factory settings to PROTECT you privacy...... or is it saying that HAS to be done to delete it from your account so another person can bluetooth connect? The FB people seem to be seeing it two ways as well. Ive got a message in to Oura to clarify it. If its just another bluetooth device like a pair of headphones im good.... otherwise its junk to me lol.
January 08, 2021 05:18PM
It looks like data privacy advice to me, I don't see why it shouldn't connect to another device.
It's a shame there's no simple way of charging it up .. I'm an electronics engineer, even I would find it tricky to improvise something. If you know someone else with this ring, and you posted it to them and they returned it quickly, it should still have enough charge left ... but there's the ring size issue.
January 08, 2021 05:54PM
At this point... I went with window 2 ... put it in a box until some one on eBay sells a charger to fit it. Silly to pay $60 for a charger if the point is to wear it. It appears to just be to monitor sleep. Where as I can get a watch simulor to a Fitbit and IP68 for less than $30 shipped. I’m not that curious lol