Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Gold

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gold
January 15, 2021 12:44AM
What's it going to take to get a (substantial) increase in gold prices?------Opinions?
Re: Gold
January 15, 2021 01:56AM
Joe and Kammy throwing money at every problem known to man. There will be so much money blowing around, it will drive the value of the dollar to new lows. WE already see commodities breaking out of its 10 year down trend. We will have plenty of inflation. The last 30 years the government has printed and spent too much, The next 4 years will be very good for the price of precious metals. Load up on it, its great dollar collapse insurance.. It will preserve your buying power as the dollar drops in value.
January 15, 2021 02:18AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's it going to take to get a (substantial) inc
> rease in gold prices?------Opinions?

a complete breakdown of our economy!
keep going the way we are going, we'll get there!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 15, 2021 10:41AM
I am still waiting on silver to hit 50.00 an ounce like some predicted on here 6 months ago. I knew it would not but was told I knew nothing.
January 15, 2021 11:45AM
Here in Fl it seems like real estate is the big boom. Home are selling like hot cakes and seem really over priced. I think gold prices will depend on if China and India starts buying and taking quick profits to drive the prices. People are running out of places to put there money locally when i say people im talking about those less fortunate. Banks arent giving anythings yet they not get most money thru direct deposit. Many are even going old school putting money under their mattress so to speak. So how do you feel about putting your money into gold ..... without having the gold in hand?
January 15, 2021 01:27PM
not good! i don't invest in "paper" china will be the controlling influence!
the democrats have absolute power now! we are at their mercy! china will be an unforgiving
dragon. we ARE, for all intents and purposes, thoroughly f**ked! ..

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 15, 2021 01:52PM
Large explosions and fires in the middle east always seem to have the effect of higher gold prices. For a while at least.
January 16, 2021 12:22AM
Take it from one of the most accurate market technicians. This guy has been at it for over 50 years.
As ripley says, " believe it or not!

[kingworldnews.com]

You may not understand his charts, but especially read the bottom section. Inflation is launching upward,
Interest rates will rise. The real estate bubble will pop. We are in for a rough time.
In the early 1980's when interest rates shot up to 19%, , I could not buy a job. Thankfully I was single then, and got by
on unemployment. Its gonna get crappy again. Hunker down. Get those detectors dusted off. The few bucks you find everyday
might come in handy.
Harold, silver will hit 50 and then some, timing the market is tough, but silver will rise just fine.
January 16, 2021 12:47AM
Here's a question for everyone!-----Where will gold be at (what price) in 3 1/2---4 yrs.?-----It doesn't cost anything to guess/predict.smiling smiley
January 16, 2021 11:13AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Here's a question for everyone!-----Where will gol
> d be at (what price) in 3 1/2---4 yrs.?-----It doe
> sn't cost anything to guess/predict.smiling smiley

Gold shot up something like 700 the last four years. So placing bets based on political parties is as polarizing as politics itself.

If we ever get the virus under control the economy should stabilize.

But we as a nation are 25 trillion in debt. That is just debt of the federal government. State and private debt on top of that make the number astronomical. It will never go down.

Gold is always a safe bet. But then most that save and invest in it seem to die with it.
January 16, 2021 08:24PM
there is an element of truth in this! people hang on to it so long and endure it's
volatility ,waiting to see it "scamper" back up again,that they "croak",and end up
bequeathing it .investing in gold is NOT for the faint hearted!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
January 18, 2021 07:29AM
Here is your answer Del. Take a few minutes and listen to Olivers interview. So plain, even ol ' possum can understand it.
2 years should do it. Parabolic spikes come down as fast as they go up, so timing your selling is the key. .
Ol Harold is gonna be sad he did not buy silver at $25 an oz. , 2 years from now.

[kingworldnews.com]
January 18, 2021 06:01PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Here is your answer Del. Take a few minutes and l
> isten to Olivers interview. So plain, even ol ' po
> ssum can understand it.
> 2 years should do it. Parabolic spikes come down
> as fast as they go up, so timing your selling is t
> he key. .
> Ol Harold is gonna be sad he did not buy silver at
> $25 an oz. , 2 years from now.
>
> [kingworldnews.com]
> /

I listened to it Possum.---Going to be interesting to see how that does (or doesn't) play out.
January 18, 2021 08:22PM
possum mo Wrote:
> he key. .
>
> [kingworldnews.com]
> /

bill fleckenstein now there's a man who's sounds' 'smart!'

(h.h.!)
j.t.
February 07, 2021 10:41PM
possum mo Wrote:
> he key. .
>
> [kingworldnews.com]
> /

Two years from now? You were talking 50.00 a ounce 2 months ago? So now it is 2 years? What next 5 years?
February 08, 2021 07:50AM
Hey Harold ol buddy. You need a bit more patience worrying about my investments! Silver will get there and then some.
Now fire up that silver slayer tesoro, and go find some silver.
February 08, 2021 02:46PM
Just my personal opinion is that Gold has peaked and started to plateau out and after the recent Presidential crisis becoming old news,the price of gold has started to retreat and currently this morning placed a 'long term short' position with a slightly wider stoploss in place to reduce a possibly short term spike in the price that would/could have take me out of the trade.

The graphs do indicate that the time was decent for a short position,so as this is a long term trade will just sit back and see how it works out.
February 08, 2021 03:47PM
What price did you short gold at? Good Luck
February 08, 2021 04:07PM
possum mo Wrote:
> What price did you short gold at? Good Luck

1820,its a long term position,so will probably only look at it once a week or so,the slightly wider stoploss will allow me some fluctuation without taking me out of the position,it will allow me too sleep at night without screen watching grinning smiley
February 08, 2021 04:19PM
possum mo Wrote:
> Hey Harold ol buddy. You need a bit more patience
> worrying about my investments! Silver will get the
> re and then some.
> Now fire up that silver slayer tesoro, and go find
> some silver.

The ground is frozen so I have to worry about your investments to keep me busy, LOL!
February 09, 2021 02:17AM
Harold, LOL. Dang winter, I tell ya. I could hire you to polish up my silver collection ! J & D, With hyperinflation right around the corner, you live dangerously! Gold is still in a downtrend since september, so you might be safe for a while.
My market guru, says when gold cracks 1860 or so, the downtrend is coming to an end. I have been in the markets for about 20 years, and I learned early on never short a bullmarket. I would get cleaned out in a hurry. Thankfully I did not have much back then to lose!
Good luck to yall.
February 13, 2021 09:19PM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> I am still waiting on silver to hit 50.00 an ounce
> like some predicted on here 6 months ago. I knew i
> t would not but was told I knew nothing.

I about fell out of my chair laughing at this post.

So too did I hear the apocalyptic predictions months ago, right-before the election, during the tumultuous times we had last year in politics and economy.

And since I'm old enough to remember the last meteoric rise in silver (1980-ish when I was in high school), I also remembered the know-it-all guys back then, who LIKEWISE said it would only go "up up up". And they ridiculed me for selling my silver at the time. And they, meanwhile, were on a buying frenzy. Those very same persons "took a bath" by the later 1980s sad smiley One of them, in a financial needy time, sold all his silver at something 4x face, even though he'd bought at 10x or 15x face earlier. I was half-tempted to remind him of his apocalyptic predictions years earlier . But I held my tongue.

So too is it right now : I got "shouted down" when I dared question their prediction that "silver will most certainly reach $50 per ounce" blah blah. Well here we are, months later, and they won't back down from this prediction. They just keep "punting the ball down the road" and saying "next month" or "later this year, blah blah. Isn't that convenient ? Their predictions can NEVER be wrong, as long as they can just punt-the-ball down the road with moving dates of prophecies.
February 13, 2021 10:48PM
Tom In CA------That was the Hunt brothers (oil richies from TX) in that era you are referring to.-----They were trying to corner the silver market & it was an "arificial" price increase/explosion (of both silver & gold).-----About that same time the Adrian sisters were predicting $200 silver (insane).--------It's a whole different situation at this point in time however.
February 13, 2021 11:48PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
>--------It's a whole different situation at this
> point in time however.

Granted, ok. So ... do tell ... is "it most certainly going to go to $50" then, this time ?
February 14, 2021 12:01AM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
> D&P-OR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >--------It's a whole different situation at this
> > point in time however.
>
> Granted, ok. So ... do tell ... is "it most c
> ertainly going to go to $50"