Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Joe Beechnut OBN in detecting accident, prayers!

Posted by midalake 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Joe Beechnut OBN in detecting accident, prayers!
January 15, 2021 02:37AM
One source who was on scene tells Arundel.news the man may have been wading offshore to search for items with a metal detector when the cold water likely caused hypothermia. The man was not able to return to the shore on his own.

Article here:

[www.arundel.news]

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2021 02:38AM by midalake.
Re: Joe Beechnut OBN in detecting accident, prayers!
January 15, 2021 03:48AM
This text was taken from Friendly Forum.

"Talked to Joe tonight , he sounded a bit rough , however he said he will be able to go home this weekend , hazards of water hunting in neck deep tidal waters , he said he fell in a hole went down for about 5 seconds , than was belly up suffering from hypothermia & near drowning floating about 110-150 yards off shore , he yelled for help , he was lucky this time 2 people herd his cry for help , and called rescue , water temp 40 degrees , he got a chopper ride to the hospital , he did say that he might take a year off from hunting, this could happen to anyone , even a pro like Joe , i am sure glad to get relief my buddy is still with us , hope that he makes a full recovery , Earl PS OBN Port side Belly up rescue , he did say his rotator cuff sustained injury when they pulled him from the water , hope that will be ok ."

Let's pray that he is ok and a fast recovery.
January 15, 2021 11:53AM
Joe is also taking care of his mother. Sounds like he needs a break and some recovery time. Joes such a great person.... i hope he recovers quickly. There comes a time life lets us know when its time to slow down. Mine came last year.
January 18, 2021 01:54PM
Oh man that's terrible but glad that he is OK. Hypothermia is no joke and can happen fast. I surf all winter and that cold water can really trick you. I've seen healthy 18 yr olds get hypothermia.

The thing about the cold water with the wetsuit on is that you don't feel cold and notice just how cold you were until you are out of the water trying to get warm and realize wow my legs, feet, hands, and arms are numb. It's crazy. I am lucky that my teeth tend to chatter as I get to my breaking point in freezing water so I get out as soon as that happens. I've stayed in longer when I was younger and my mind starts to get foggy in a weird way - like you can't think right. You can even get this when its 100 degrees out and water is in the 70s. One time in NJ I was out for about 4 hrs in a hot summer day and realized I was getting the teeth chattering/foggy head feeling. I got out and shivered on the beach trying to warm up for like an hour. Didn't feel right the rest of the day after that.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley
January 28, 2021 07:05AM
No. "This could happen to anyone". Only if you're out there, 100-150 yards from shore, in 40F water, hunting for trinkets.

Stay safe everyone. Your family needs you more than the sea needs you.