Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ vs equinox

Posted by meteoritehunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ vs equinox
January 17, 2021 12:42AM
Does the equinox out do the cz detectors on wet salt beaches,pcola beach here.My home turf,but quit hunting when they started dragging the beach with tractors
Re: CZ vs equinox
January 17, 2021 01:08AM
In a nutshell....... yes.
January 17, 2021 07:26AM
For wet salt/sand hunting, I'll bet they could make a CZ that could equal the Equinox. The technology is there. They just aren't using it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2021 07:28AM by Badger in NH.
January 17, 2021 12:44PM
I used a CZ5 for years. It worked smooth and deep on the beach, but lost sensitivity to small gold when in salt mode. When I found that out, I switched to a Minelab Sovereign for beach hunting.
January 17, 2021 04:08PM
I agree with the others here. The CZ line (like the CZ6, for example), was deep & great in wet-salt. But there were a few downsides for the CZ, that the Nox is going to be better on :

a) Nox will be a little hotter on lower conductors (like if, for some reason, you needed to find a tinsel thin chain or earring stud, you can opt the controls to get it that hot).

b) Nox = Better tonal ranges, that can sing tones to you better than the CZ, which had broader categories of TID lumpings (and could be annoying when it jumped back and forth on deeper ones). Versus the Nox which has a better fluty sound to allow you to make judgement calls better, IMHO

c) Bent nails (heck, even straight ones sometimes) could fool the CZ. They could mimic deeper coins. Oh sure, you could employ some tricks (like wait for 2-way beeps , etc....). But "nagging doubts" would send guys digging a bunch "just to make sure". As if the TID accuracy on the CZ's started to wain at 6 " or so, depending on soil & conditions.

d) Some guys didn't care for the CZ's silent search (no threshold). But this was a personal preference thing. At least on the Nox you can opt in and out of such a feature.

But with all that said : Back in the day, the guys with CZs did better than the Whites discriminators, of that era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2021 04:10PM by Tom_in_CA.
January 25, 2021 04:44AM
cz's do love rusty nail and being use to t2's and gamma 6000 etc.the cz's lumping of targets together does get old.No real cherry picking features,but i started with a cz-20 in 93 and found lots of good stuff with it,still have it but haven't used it in years..Also still have my cz-6a and used it for the first time in years,the silent search makes me think it not working,gotta get use to that again. It is deep compared to anything i have though. My g.b 29er still impresses me though.
January 28, 2021 09:52PM
The CZ-70 Pro was my first deep seeking revelation detector, opened new sites. I don't recall it being bad on nails, but I was more into deep turf park detecting then relic sites at that time.

That said, after my sites dried up with finds from my CZ-70, F75 LTD2, and a few other machines, they lit up again with the EQX800. Matter of fact, after hunting one particular site for over ten years, the first hunt with my EQX800 was my best hunt ever, found eleven period coins, far more than I'd ever found in the past on a single hunt, and several of them were deeper than my carrot top pin-pointers length, so it's no slouch in the depth department.