Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New coiltek coils for Nox

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
New coiltek coils for Nox
February 01, 2021 01:00PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet.

[coiltek.com.au]
Re: New coiltek coils for Nox
February 01, 2021 07:01PM
Tom or anyone tested these new Coiltek coils and how do the compare to the 6,11 and 15 inch coils already available by Minlab? What kind of separation and depth do they offer compared to the other coils?
February 01, 2021 08:19PM
February 02, 2021 12:09PM
The 10X5 would be interesting to try in the salt water.... not so much for depth but for additional sensitivity and noise reduction. However, im not a fan of the company..... and this size coil from them has had issues including a lot of chatter..... hopefully this will be better. Its a wait and see once we get past the initial users wanting to do u-tubes for a little recognition.
February 02, 2021 04:08PM
While the ears look thicker in the pics....can't really be sure...there is already a 15 inch coil.

The Minelab 6 inch offered little separation difference compared to the stock coil. So I doubt there will be any noticeable difference with the smallest of the three new ones.

Over all I really see no advantage of the new coils except for as mentioned....coil ear strength and just personal preference to having something new.

To those that make the leap.... much success.

I'm not bashing the new coils. I'm just a huge fan of the stock coil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 04:10PM by goodmore.
February 02, 2021 04:15PM
I have never been a big fan of coiltek.
February 02, 2021 04:19PM
I'm personally leaning toward the 5x10 coil hoping to get greater separation than the standard and extra depth over the 6 inch coil. Don't know if it will get as good separation as the 6 inch or come close to the standard for depth. Looking forward to some reviews and videos
February 02, 2021 07:59PM
The 15" round might have a bit of depth over the ML 15", and hopefully as sensitive.
February 02, 2021 09:19PM
[youtu.be]

15" in action
February 03, 2021 09:28PM
I like the 10x5" coil, except they dropped the ball on making it an open design vs a closed coil package.
cjc
February 07, 2021 06:43PM
the sense I get is that these highly processed signal detectors (CTX, NOX) are very hard to make a big coil for it adds too much to the existing workload. Never have been able to get decent signal to noise with either machine's big coil in salt or fresh. cjc
February 07, 2021 07:23PM
5x10 for me . I hope they are better performance than the coils they have made in the past.
February 07, 2021 07:23PM
That's a point Brian (especially for relic hunting).----Minelab chose to make the 6" coils for both the CTX & Equinox as open coils also.------Cal_cobra Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like the 10x5" coil, except they dropped the bal
> l on making it an open design vs a closed coil pac
> kage.