Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best detector.

Posted by Ron Brown 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Best detector.
May 07, 2021 10:54AM
The Nox from the beginning was under priced .... or was all the beach machines OVER priced for salt water hunting? That sold a lot of people.... i can how hunt in the water and its as deep or deeper than other machine. But IMO the Nox brought one other thing besides price, warranty and performance...... it brought hunting intensity and MORE hunters ta boot. That has been reflected in the growing FB pages...... and as we all know that sells machines and increases competition. With that treasure thou i think more should look at their trash...... people are digging more targets as well. They are taking it serious about digging it all .... they are also spending more time on the beach hunting.
May 07, 2021 11:37AM
Woodbutcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best detector for me is easy, F75.. It's my favori
> te machine , most productive for me, and my pick f
> or myself.
> I'm not sure if this thread is about what everyone
> thinks is the best for everyone or what guys posti
> ng think is best for themselves?
> As for what dealers say,of course they'd say a $95
> 0 machine is the best,and everyone should get it.C
> ant blame a guy for earning a buck

How many hours have you spent using an Equinox?

I came directly from using the T2 SE and F75 LTD and have hardly touched either machine since buying the Nox three years ago. I really have no use for them anymore. They seem old-fashioned and clunky in comparison. For all-around performance, the Eqionox beats them hands down. The 800 is $900 and the 600 is $650. Same machine, different features.

If the dealer was really trying to get more money from the customer, he would have told him the CTX was the best detector under $3000. I'm sure many CTX's have been sold on that premise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 11:51AM by Badger in NH.
May 07, 2021 11:50AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
> The Nox from the beginning was under priced .... o
> r was all the beach machines OVER priced for salt
> water hunting? That sold a lot of people.... i c
> an how hunt in the water and its as deep or deeper
> than other machine. But IMO the Nox brought one
> other thing besides price, warranty and performanc
> e...... it brought hunting intensity and MORE hunt
> ers ta boot. That has been reflected in the grow
> ing FB pages...... and as we all know that sells m
> achines and increases competition. With that tre
> asure thou i think more should look at their trash
> ...... people are digging more targets as well. T
> hey are taking it serious about digging it all ...
> . they are also spending more time on the beach hu
> nting.

I think it was the manufacturing process that allowed them to make the Equinox at less cost and giving it an affordable price was a brilliant marketing move as well. They sold ten times as many detectors as they would have if the price was over $1000 which resulted in much higher profits.
May 07, 2021 12:35PM
an even ''smarter" marketing move was introducing "multi-iq" in the
outrageously good vanquish series.

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 07, 2021 12:44PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
> Woodbutcher Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Best detector for me is easy, F75.. It's my favo
> ri
> > te machine , most productive for me, and my pick
> f
> > or myself.
> > I'm not sure if this thread is about what everyo
> ne
> > thinks is the best for everyone or what guys pos
> ti
> > ng think is best for themselves?
> > As for what dealers say,of course they'd say a $
> 95
> > 0 machine is the best,and everyone should get it
> .C
> > ant blame a guy for earning a buck
>
> How many hours have you spent using an Equinox?
>
> I came directly from using the T2 SE and F75 LTD a
> nd have hardly touched either machine since buying
> the Nox three years ago. I really have no use for
> them anymore. They seem old-fashioned and clunky i
> n comparison. For all-around performance, the Eqio
> nox beats them hands down. The 800 is $900 and the
> 600 is $650. Same machine, different features.
>
> If the dealer was really trying to get more money
> from the customer, he would have told him the CTX
> was the best detector under $3000. I'm sure many C
> TX's have been sold on that premise.

I've spent a good amount of time using the equinox, have a 800 still. And they're $650 and $950 in price. I could definitely disagree about the f75 feeling (clunky) compared to the nox, no comparison in feel or ergonomics there,f75 all day.
If your doing well with your nox that's great, works for you. I wouldn't try to sway anyone. But for me and my hunting grounds the Fisher takes the lead,regardless of the hype that's out there.No competition from me,I hunt alone,pull finds no matter what machine I use,so personal preference is more important to me than what others think is the best for them...But thanks for sharing your opinion with me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 12:46PM by Woodbutcher.
May 07, 2021 12:59PM
I do now see they raised the price on the 800. It was $900. Now it's $950. I didn't know that. Funny I saw no mention of the price change on the forums. Not that I read many forums.

In mild soil with stock coils, the Nox goes much deeper than the F75. Separation is also better with superior Recovery speed and Multi-IQ. Nox is also less suseptible to EMI.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2021 01:20PM by Badger in NH.
May 07, 2021 04:33PM
Deeper than the f-75 ???? Maybe as deep. RodMan owns both, what say yea RodMan? Not sure he comes here anymore.
May 07, 2021 05:17PM
Lots of people like the equinox, and I don't dislike it, but for me it's not always my first pick.
For me the equinox's strength is also it's biggest downfall, same as the fbs which I really like...For all that minelabs multi frequency brings to the table it also likes to false on iron,FBS and Multi IQ.
I know people say to check iffy tatgets in this mode,or that frequency,etc. But by the time I'm done doing all that I'm still gonna dig that target,and both of minelabs multi frequency technology makes old iron nails ,bolts and junk sound like a great iffy coin.
I dug 23 iffy tatgets the other day with the 800, all nice iffy high tones. 3 wheats and 20 junk iron nails,etc.Thing is,in my parks there are only iffy signals left.
Not downplaying the equinox or minelab machine strengths at all,cause they are there and they do excell in certain situations... But there's also the weaknesses too, and to be honest I'd sooner have a machine that woulda missed all 23 targets than a machine that had a 18% chance of good vs bad that day.
Your opinion might vary,differ and that's cool. But I'm not new to this either,and balls are balls and strikes are strikes.For me the equinox isn't a home run.
May 08, 2021 05:03AM
none of 'em are "home runs" your point s well taken though!
muti-iq does like deep iron!..this is true! ya have to live with it.
as the French have a tendency to say: it's an" event phscycological"
in that you can convince yourself that the "bolt" ,"nail" or other piece of iron
COULD have been a nice coin, and you would have MISSED it if you did NOT dig it!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
May 08, 2021 01:02PM
jmaryt Wrote:
> none of 'em are "home runs" your point s well take
> n though!
> muti-iq does like deep iron!..this is true! ya hav
> e to live with it.
> as the French have a tendency to say: it's an" eve
> nt phscycological"
> in that you can convince yourself that the "bolt"
> ,"nail" or other piece of iron
> COULD have been a nice coin, and you would have MI
> SSED it if you did NOT dig it!
>
>
> (h.h.!)
> j.t.

Your right JT, none of them are a home run.lol.
May 09, 2021 08:00AM
Without a doubt the Nox has been the best machine by far for my own detecting scenario, small low to mid conductor targets in moderate to high mineralisation.
May 09, 2021 09:11AM
The price went up. The electronic industry is seeing quite a bottleneck in the availability of supply. The world is crazy right now. I bought a new bicycle this weekend. Well I put the money down. I get it in February maybe. Try to haggle down a car salesman right now. The ball is in their court.