Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tarsacci 12kHz acting weird and pinpointer question

Posted by basstrackerman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tarsacci 12kHz acting weird and pinpointer question
February 23, 2021 11:08PM
I was detecting the beach today and grabbed the wrong pouch that had the garrett carrot in it. I usually don't take a pinpointer on the beach with me , well using tarsacci I had a strong signal every left swing just has swing was ending , I knew I was picking something up on my pouch, the pinpointer was it but even if I held pinpointer up to my forehead the tarsacci still sounded off. I lowered sensitivity, ground balanced, changed my swing etc. But only way it went away was switching frequencies. 12kHz was the only one that did this. That was so weird. I think the garrett operates on 12 kHz but it was off. Never turned on. The numbers on screen was a solid 22 every swing. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else ever had an issue like this? Could the pinpointer still send a frequency while off? I'm thinking no but this was strange. Also do beach hunters normally use a pinpointer on the beach? I usually do not but curious. Thanks
Re: Tarsacci 12kHz acting weird and pinpointer question
February 23, 2021 11:59PM
I use mine all the time unless I am in the water.
February 24, 2021 12:44AM
The Garrett Owner's Manual says it operates at 11.5 kHz.
February 24, 2021 12:56AM
TallTom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Garrett Owner's Manual says it operates at 11.
> 5 kHz.

Ok I was thinking it was close to the 12kHz. Weird that it was the only frequency doing it.
February 24, 2021 01:30AM
Sounds similar to the way the T2 SE reacts to Garrett pinpointers. It would pick it up no matter where it was on my body. It only happened when the pinpointer was off. I Made a special holster out of aluminum foil to carry the pinpointer in and that solved the problem.
February 24, 2021 02:47AM
That's definitely a strange one. I know 2 of the Freq's on the Tarsacci do not like my F-Pulse pinpointer...... BUT.......this only happens when the pinpointer is 'on'.
Even if your pinpointers inductive loop is of resonant-tune to your detectors transmitted freq...... the signal strength should be so minute'..... it should not interfere with the detector.
February 24, 2021 03:40AM
I use a carrot every time I go to speed things up. A lot of the tiniest targets are hard for me to see. I have no problem at all with the PP in my apron. Are you leaving it on? Still it doesn't interfere at least that's my experience.
February 24, 2021 04:10AM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> I use a carrot every time I go to speed things up.
> A lot of the tiniest targets are hard for me to se
> e. I have no problem at all with the PP in my apro
> n. Are you leaving it on? Still it doesn't interfe
> re at least that's my experience.

No pinpointer was not on. I removed my finds pouch, keys and phone noise was gone. Added back keys cell phone, still no noise. Added finds pouch without pinpointer no noise, added pinpointer noise is back. Pinpointer off but anywhere around my waist up to my chest the detector picked it up but only in 12kHz. Strangest thing I've ever encountered.
February 24, 2021 09:53AM
Years ago I had the black Garrett Pinpointer and when using my f-75, the old one, it would react to the PP. So much that I had to wear the PP behind my back. Funny thing is, I got so use to wearing the PP behind my back on a belt, I wear it to this day like that, needed or not.

I have a Tarsacci and I don't know if my Carrot interferes with it or not because I have never used 12kh while detecting, always using 6,9 or 18 kh. I'll give it a go sometime.

I guess the reason I don't use 12kh is because I have run that freq for many years on the 75 and my subconsciousness needed a change. lol
February 24, 2021 12:58PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Years ago I had the black Garrett Pinpointer and w
> hen using my f-75, the old one, it would react to
> the PP. So much that I had to wear the PP behind m
> y back. Funny thing is, I got so use to wearing th
> e PP behind my back on a belt, I wear it to this d
> ay like that, needed or not.
>
> I have a Tarsacci and I don't know if my Carrot in
> terferes with it or not because I have never used
> 12kh while detecting, always using 6,9 or 18 kh. I
> 'll give it a go sometime.
>
> I guess the reason I don't use 12kh is because I h
> ave run that freq for many years on the 75 and my
> subconsciousness needed a change. lol

I don't normally use 12 that much either but I was doing some testing at the house and just left it on there. Most likely why I never noticed any interfering before. I don't normally have my pinpointer on the beach, I may start, but I will be land hunting with the tarsacci and 12kHz is a good middle ground frequency.
February 25, 2021 03:27PM
I almost always used 18 but have dropped to 12 as of late. I have had no concerns but will pay closer attention today. My 8000 chatters like crazy if I set my coil down to dig. I have to hold it up or lay it down. So lite though not much of an issue its the scoop that's kicking my butt!
February 25, 2021 03:36PM
Yeah I often carry scoop over my left shoulder sonic doesn't interfere. But that pinpointer issue was a weird one for me.