Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Equinox single frequencies.

Posted by kevinnc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Equinox single frequencies.
February 25, 2021 11:32PM
Does anyone think it matters what mode you are in, if you run a single frequency and all metal?
Re: Equinox single frequencies.
February 26, 2021 12:02AM
I've always thought it matters but I don't really know. I rarely leave Field 1 anyway. Occasionally Field 2 in Iron or bad ground. I've never tried Park mode.
February 26, 2021 04:51PM
For me, emi determines frequency choice. Park 1 is my preferred but interference often nixes that choice and I try Park 2. If I still have to crank down the gain, then I go to single frequency. 15 khz and 10 khz are usually the best. 5 khz is much more EMI prone than the higher frequencies usually. Incidentally, the 6" coil is way better handling emi than the stock as you would expect.
February 26, 2021 06:11PM
I think what Kevin is asking is whether or not there is a difference between Park mode at 15 kHz and Field mode at 15 kHz.

My guess is that the modes affect the single frequencies the same as they do with Multi. It's a good question. Someone here should know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 06:16PM by Badger in NH.
February 26, 2021 07:06PM
Park Mode and Field Mode whilst on a single freq......are virtually identical.
Park Mode-1 in "Multi"....... is a different grouping of frequencies........as compared to Field Mode-1 in "Multi".
February 26, 2021 08:08PM
Thanks Tom. I did not know that.
February 26, 2021 08:30PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Park Mode and Field Mode whilst on a single freq..
> ....are virtually identical.
> Park Mode-1 in "Multi"....... is a different group
> ing of frequencies........as compared to Field Mod
> e-1 in "Multi".

That is what I was thinking, but wanted to see if anyone could see any difference. Thanks