Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

3rd week with the Equinox hunting colonial sites on large farms.

Posted by kevinnc 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
3rd week with the Equinox hunting colonial sites on large farms.
February 28, 2021 04:52AM
I have found the Equinox to have great TID and good depth on sites with many targets and iron so far. It is not deeper than my main machine that I have used for several years. It ID's better and I will keep it for hunting found sites, but not for finding them in these large farms. It slows me down with beeps that don't repeat and don't seem to like a fast sweep speed. My F75LTD is still my choice to cover lots of ground and hitting everything at a good depth. The ID on deep stuff isn't as good. but I'm digging anyway. I did a depth test today between them and it was too close to call, but the faster I swept the coil on the F75, the better. I can walk many yards with the F75LTD at 99 sens and if there is no targets, I will get no sound. In some of these large fields, covering lots of ground is the key for random drops.
Re: 3rd week with the Equinox hunting colonial sites on large farms.
February 28, 2021 12:40PM
What do you have your sens on? Mine is so quite I to swing my shovel in front of it sometimes to make sure its on...
February 28, 2021 02:44PM
I try to keep it above 20. 22 is where I usually start.
February 28, 2021 06:37PM
I agree with you Kevin, the equinox is ok and has it's place but the f75 just excells better in my hunting trips..I think the f75 is still the best machine produced today

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2021 06:38PM by Woodbutcher.
February 28, 2021 08:06PM
F75 over the Mighty Nox? Wow!
March 01, 2021 01:28PM
johnson,gardner,and dankowski "special" still relevant!

(h.h.!)
j.t.
March 01, 2021 08:30PM
I can cover so much more area with F75 and it hasn't missed much. Re hunting areas covered with the F75, has been a waist of time for the most part. Finding some things in the trashy heavy iron areas.