Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Short video comparing F75ltd to Eqx 800, honorable mention of Tarassic mdt 8000

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Short video comparing F75ltd to Eqx 800, honorable mention of Tarassic mdt 8000
March 05, 2021 12:58AM
This video. I kept it short. Few things. De mode with sensitivity used in video de mode dime out of range. I checked afterwards with shot removed.
Also, and the EQX runners may find value with this. If you use park 2 mode you will never know higher conductor exists. ID locks at 2/3. Now folks relic hunting in the wild. Using park 2 one might decide to change to park 1 on the lower ID hits and resweep or dig the lower and or smaller conductor and even resweep using park 2. I didn’t check using the other detect modes. I fully expect field 2, prospecting modes to behave ID wise lot like park 2.
Enjoy.
Btw I finally have access to 5g network. Makes video uploading a lot easier. Expect to see more videos in the future.
[www.youtube.com]

Ps
It might be fair to say.
VLF detectors with more compressed ID scales,,imo more masked nonferrous dug by folks. Even fbs/fb2 detectors made by Minelab have a compressed ID scale. Not the 0-95/99 scales that a lot of VLF detectors have.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 01:10AM by tnsharpshooter.
Good info. So you say Tarsacci can hit the dime under that shot and give proper ID? Hope you make another video .
I’ll do some more videos.
Bottom line, unless there is a detector model I am unaware of or one on the horizon.
A single freq VLF detector can’t compete fully with a multi frequency or even a VLF detector that has multiple selection of operating frequencies.
Can’t be done.
Now if one takes for instance a VLF detector running at 13-15 kHz. One might uncover more higher conductor goodies by digging more lower conductor junk.
And then there’s is both ferrous maskers and nonferrous maskers. Hard to run a one freq VLF detector and get the best of both worlds.

The finds are still out there even in lot of supposedly hard hunted sites. One needs to think of how they were hunted and with what both detector model and freq used.
Could be a lot of work for few finds. But it just takes one real nice find to make one’s day or even their detecting career.

So how many detector models out there currently that fit the bill for being the most universal?
I don’t know whole answer.
Eqx 800 is one of them.

Could there be a EQx 1000 on the horizon? Can’t say. Would be nice if it were even more universal than Eqx 800. Fingers crossed. Toes too.
Windy here today. Have already done test using EQX on another test.
Used nickel under the shotgun shot. Will throw F75 in the test when I do video.

One thing we noticed when EQX fell into the hand s of folks was imo a rather huge nickel find rate. Why?
I think my video will show one reason at least.
Hint to EQX runners.
High chance if one is watching for nickel ID or even real close nickel ID to base dig decison, if you hunt a site using park 2 and you think you found all cherry picking, go back and use park 1 and give it a try. And Vice versa. Is you used park 1 first and hunted go back and use park 2. Me saying this doesn’t discount possible benefits of using other detect modes besides the ones mentioned above.

PS
It might be easy for one to be lured in thinking higher weighted freq (I.e) park 2 would be best for finding nickels (lower conductor item) in the wild. Future video will show this line of thought flawed somewhat at least.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 03:16PM by tnsharpshooter.
So might be fair to say most gold rings lost in the wild read air test of between 7 and 15 on EQX meter. There are some smaller and bigger rings that may read outside of this span.
Anyways.
Lot of parks for example have been beaten up detecting. I suspect lot of cherry picking done too. So wonder if targets are sparse in a park and you detect using park 1 or park 2.
And upon hitting a target you switch to either park 1 or park 2 and you notice change in ID. What does this mean? If gold rings were my goal and either one of the detect modes yielded a reading of 7-15. That would be a target I would dig. High chance of masking taking place.
Could be ferrous or could be nonferrous masking. And how each use of the 2 detect modes reads when compared one can actually place good odds if it is ferrous masking or nonferrous masking taking place. And if a previous say Eqx user or any other detector was used and this target swept they may have walked due to unusually lower ID presented of how most rings they have found have registered.

For example one might sweep an actual detectable gold ring medium sized in the wild using park 2 and it reads 5 or 6. You switch to park 1 and it reads 11 or 12. This would suggest nonferrous masking. In this case here, one may hit a nonferrous with hand held pinpointer or exhume a nonferrous item thinking they have found their prize. Better be careful and watch. Your prize may still be in the hole. Sweeping the object you retrieve and noting its reading may give you a clue if you got your prize out or not. And it is possible if you disturb dirt in hole you may not be able to get signal anymore using detect mode used to locate. Pushing horseshoe button and resweeping can help. And yes even if you get iron reading on something in hole exhume. It might be your nonferrous prize.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 03:57PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Short video comparing F75ltd to Eqx 800, honorable mention of Tarassic mdt 8000
March 05, 2021 05:12PM
13-15 khz detectors are definitely a happy medium for high conductors and low conductors like gold. I've found more in those frequencies than any other frequencies I've used. I guess that's why I always end up going back to a F75 or T2.