Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Video - Fisher AQ Impulse (limited) on USA east coast beach in action,,some Eqx signal comparisons also

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
[m.youtube.com]

Another video (same gent) using detector later on beach.

[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 07:18PM by tnsharpshooter.
He’s just starting out so I can’t be to critical especially with the iron he says the beach has. Still seems like a lot of targets dug well within the range of the current water machines. My concern would be switching to the other modes and possibly missing something. So ya dig it all or do what Joe does ... ferret out the deep signals
Yeah I haven't seen too many videos on this detector so I really don't have an opinion. He says he is new to it. I just wonder if it does discriminate iron. I really didn't see anything a cheaper PI can't do.
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I haven't seen too many videos on this detect
> or so I really don't have an opinion. He says he i
> s new to it. I just wonder if it does discriminate
> iron. I really didn't see anything a cheaper PI ca
> n't do.

^ ^ This ^ ^

As expected, this machine is nothing other than other past attempts to create a pulse (so you can deal with wet-salt-black-sand), yet have ability to disc. out iron. And as was seen in the past: The moment any user goes to try to avail himself of ability to discern iron, is the moment they can kiss the fabled depth goodbye. sad smiley
Watched 3 videos and wasn't impressed a bit.
However..... when you have a PI that compares to an Eric Foster machine.... disc or not it maybe worth having on the beach. Unfortunately his videos because of his lack of time on the machine didnt show the depth it maybe capable of. Im still one who likes to run in AM .... then reverse disc for TID. Thats done best with a VLF.... and now the MDT. I cant imagine how many target ya have to dig ... especially all those we leave ... and virgin targets deeper. We dig targets now clearly at a foot or more.... if deeper or unsure.... take a small scoop ...ID it and move on. Beach hunting here in Fl is all about TIME and coverage for most. Thou there are a few who can spend hours in one spot digging it all. Im not sure id have a warm fuzzy with the notch like disc.... id always get the feeling i left something.... my reason for reverse disc hunting. You just have to have good targets depth AND ID. It will be interesting to see what is pulled by this machine as things heat up. I think the one thing at least here is .... the time spent ... while the competition is spending more time covering more sand looking for recent drops..... wonder who wins at the end of the day?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 12:32PM by dewcon4414.
I hate the design of it -

The way they have the cables coming out of the control box and coil
appears to me that a great lack of thought has gone into the actual
layout of the unit -
eSCANz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate the design of it -
>
> The way they have the cables coming out of the con
> trol box and coil
> appears to me that a great lack of thought has gon
> e into the actual
> layout of the unit -

I agree. Since there is no screen to look at, why didn't they just put everything in a box under the elbow where it belongs. That way the battery compartment could be part of the box. That would also allow for the option of hip mounting the control box.

I think they have corrected the battery cable problem on the final version.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2021 09:07PM by Badger in NH.
I agree. I like a detector that can be hip mounted.