Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 on/off/volume conrol knob

Posted by D&P-OR 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 on/off/volume conrol knob
March 05, 2021 08:01PM
What can you do to make the volume control knob on the T2/F75 so it won't get turned so easily?---It keeps getting bumped out of position when hunting (I swing the detector with my right arm).----Wish FT would have position that knob on the other side.------Ideas?
Re: T2 on/off/volume conrol knob
March 05, 2021 08:14PM
Not a problem for us leftys. But some have put small rubber band on it to slow the roll.
March 05, 2021 08:23PM
Funny how we each have different swing patterns. I never had a problem turning off the f-75 while swinging. Maybe you extend your arm further out than I. When I swing the on off switch is back to the right of my side and doesn't touch me.. G-man sounds like he has a solution, though. Good Luck!
March 05, 2021 08:37PM
I had the same problem Del. Installed a rain/dust cover and it keeps the knob from turning so easy. I haven’t had the problem since. smileys with beer
March 05, 2021 08:52PM
I solved it by simply removing the knob. The metal post is knurled so it turns just as easily as the knob did but doesn't stick out as much so it can't get turned by accident.

Removing the knob won't damage it. If you can't pull it off with your fingers, you can pry it off with a small screwdriver or knife. It goes back on just as easily.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 09:17PM by Badger in NH.
March 05, 2021 10:07PM
We all always used a rubber o-ring and that stopped any accidental adjustments
March 05, 2021 10:52PM
Short video I did addressing problem.
[www.youtube.com]
March 05, 2021 10:57PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Short video I did addressing problem.
> [www.youtube.com]

That's the ticket,tns David. Well done.
March 05, 2021 11:42PM
I adjusted my earphone volume so that the optimum setting of the F75 volume-control was " 75% ". That way , if it gets turned up, it can't really deafen me, if it's reduced, I will soon notice.

On some equipment like HiFi, they fit circular felt 'washers' under the knob, but this is no use for a detector that will get wet. But you could perhaps find some water-resistant foam sheet, from packaging etc and improvise a similar fix.

I found the ON/OFF switch more of a problem, the machine could get accidentally turned ON in my carrying bag. Though I did dream up some smart solutions involving the headphone socket ( you know I like to tinker ) , I settled on fitting a little slip of thin card under the Positive terminal of one of the AA batteries. Remove it when I'm using the machine, (it can sit loose in the battery compartment) , and slip it back in place when I'm done.
March 06, 2021 12:40AM
Thanks for the responses guys,some very good suggestions.----I have a battery box cover coming from Richard & think I will install the rubber grommets behind the volume knob also.----I appreciate your input.---------Del
March 06, 2021 06:30PM
I thought Ole' Del only swung Minelabs and Deus detectors.
March 07, 2021 01:23AM
Harold,ILL. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought Ole' Del only swung Minelabs and Deus de
> tectors.

Nah Ole Harold--I swing a couple of FT products to.smiling smiley