Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Took Ole Wobbly Nox out for a while this afternoon.

Posted by Tim H 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Took Ole Wobbly Nox out for a while this afternoon.
March 25, 2021 02:54AM
I took old Wobbly Nox out for a few hours and found a few clad, 3 wheaties and a silver Rosie. I used a version of Andy's coin program and I was impressed with the results. I've had several good machines in that yard over the past few years and it has been pounded by other diggers.
Re: Took Ole Wobbly Nox out for a while this afternoon.
March 25, 2021 12:11PM
Do you think it was depth or separation that gave the Nox the advantage?
March 25, 2021 07:54PM
perhaps you can contact the wobbly Nox manufacturer
for a fix for your wobbly shaft -

nothing like getting your shaft sorted by the Pros - >grinning smiley<
March 26, 2021 01:52AM
Definitely Separation and notching out all but Nickels and and high tones. Swing slow and turn down the sensitivity. Thats what works for me.

Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you think it was depth or separation that gave
> the Nox the advantage?
March 26, 2021 01:54AM
lol. Tried that. Took the over a week to call me back. Now its been 10 days since they called and still no replacement. I just ordered Steve's Carbon Fiber set.

eSCANz Wrote:
> perhaps you can contact the wobbly Nox manufacture
> r
> for a fix for your wobbly shaft -
>
> nothing like getting your shaft sorted by the Pros
> - >grinning smiley<
March 26, 2021 06:03AM
drill yourself a tighter hole for the shaft clip to fit in might help. I had a friends that had a wobbly shaft and I looked at closely. Looked like his holes were just slightly to big let it move a bit. Maybe yours is the same. Easy fix.
March 26, 2021 05:47PM
Kickindirt Wrote:
> drill yourself a tighter hole for the shaft clip t
> o fit in might help. I had a friends that had a wo
> bbly shaft and I looked at closely. Looked like hi
> s holes were just slightly to big let it move a bi
> t. Maybe yours is the same. Easy fix.

Thanks for the info but im over it. Ordered a Steve's to replace it. The cam lock is the main problem along with the holes being too big. It is sad when you pay that much money for something then have to replace defective parts. Such a nice machine to skimp on the shafts. Just saying.
March 27, 2021 01:59AM
Ya is pretty sad. Well good for Steve at least ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2021 05:49AM by Kickindirt.
March 27, 2021 02:34PM
LOL!

I definitely saw the shaft as something that could be improved upon... smiling smiley

Steve
March 28, 2021 01:27AM
I have hunted with what I would call heavy detectors. The E Trac and CTX come to mind. Using those detectors never made my arm hurt the way the Equinox did. The Equinox out of the box is a poorly balanced machine. The wobble was secondary to the just plain miserable design of the stock configuration. Steve's staff and with a counterweight is the only reason I still swing an Equinox. So I was shelling out the money for a new shaft regardless of the wobble. I opted for the better stand. I also invested in the coil ear supporter, screen protector and waterproof headphones. The money part never stops with the purchase of the detector. In fact I can't think of any hobby that doesn't suck the green out of my wallet. At least with detecting you can get a return with your finds.
March 28, 2021 01:54AM
Yes I agree 100%. It is not balanced well at all. I also opted for the counterweight from Steve when I ordered my shaft set. It should be in next week. Cant wait to upgrade Ole Wobbly lol
March 28, 2021 11:51PM
Steve definitely has a GREAT product.-----He stands behind what he sells also--meaning--he cares for his customers & wants them to be happy with what they purchase from him.
March 29, 2021 02:55PM
Thanks, gentlemen, for the kind words! I love to hear "success stories," regarding improved "swingability" of the Equinox from my customers!

Steve