Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Simultaneous Multifrequency in the Simplex Housing

Posted by goodmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Simultaneous Multifrequency in the Simplex Housing
March 29, 2021 02:48PM
Sounds like the day of heavy beach detectors are soon gone for good. This is what the Anfibio should have been. Better late than never.
Re: Simultaneous Multifrequency in the Simplex Housing
March 30, 2021 02:10AM
Yea, I'm looking forward to this machine. I love the Nokta/Makro stuff and you don't have to buy aftermarket shafts for them. lol
March 30, 2021 09:21AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like the day of heavy beach detectors are s
> oon gone for good. This is what the Anfibio should
> have been. Better late than never.

the Anfibio is an Anfibio (exactly as it should have been)
their simultaneous MF will be coming when they have stated
as for "better late than never" eye rolling smiley any word on anything
coming from FT ??
March 30, 2021 10:34AM
The new Nokta will be released sooner than you might think winking smiley
March 30, 2021 12:30PM
And now we’ll see if a promise made is a promise kept. I don’t even know WHAT the promise is in the first place, but it sounds like the Minelab patents have expired....? Or is there some other way of doing it? I’m all ears, whatever edge there is. Is their “simultaneous multi frequency” only going to be for a beach machine? It has always seemed that people on the beach dig ALL non-ferrous, and SMF excels at accurate ID....so why would you even need such a thing at the BEACH?
March 30, 2021 12:46PM
IDXMonster Wrote:
It has always seemed that
> people on the beach dig ALL non-ferrous, and SMF e
> xcels at accurate ID....so why would you even need
> such a thing at the BEACH?

Simple answer - Depth.

Multi-frequency is pretty much a requirement for detecting the wet sand and shallow saltwater. Up until now, Minelab has been the only company offering Multi-frequency beach detectors, with the exception of the Fisher CZ models which are no competition.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 01:30PM by Badger in NH.
March 30, 2021 01:27PM
Single freq units do not cope with the conductivity of wet-salt very well at all.
March 30, 2021 09:15PM
Ahhhhh....see, I’ve never even SEEN a saltwater beach, so that’s where my lack of knowing comes from with that. A single freq with manual GB is no good either?
March 30, 2021 09:34PM
IDXMonster Wrote:
> Ahhhhh....see, I’ve never even SEEN a saltwater be
> ach, so that’s where my lack of knowing comes from
> with that. A single freq with manual GB is no good
> either?

Ground balance doesn't balance out salt very well. Single frequency machines will work on the wet sand but you have to turn the settings way down. Multi-frequency was a true game changer for beach detecting. It allows you to run max settings and get two or three times the depth. A multi-frequency machine can often go deeper in wet salt sand than it will in the dirt. Now, the Tarsacci has proven to go even deeper than multi-frequency in wet salt and still have target ID capability. We might see some amazing things with that technology in the future.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2021 09:44PM by Badger in NH.
March 31, 2021 02:03AM
I was under the impression VLF's did not work well
on salt water beaches right up until Nokta-Makro released
their range -

would I be correct in thinking that their single frequency
VLF's appear to a rather good at working salt water beaches.

of course not to be compared with SMF, but when compared
to other VLF's, they seem to do quite well without tweaking this,
that & the cats meow ...
March 31, 2021 07:27AM
eSCANz........ you are correct. In fact, Nokta/Makro units are one of the best single-freq units in the saltwater sand; yet/however: still do not compare to SMF.
April 03, 2021 03:37AM
I agree. In Florida, I could detect a US Nickel in wet sand with the Troy X5 at about 8". A quarter at 11"-12" That's about as far down as I wanted to dig.
April 03, 2021 12:19PM
Multi-IQ isn't much of a performance breakthrough in wet sand and saltwater hunting. The real breakthrough happened back in the early '90s with Minelabs BBS technology. Then it got even better with FBS in 1999. Both claimed to be simultaneous multi-frequency. Now, Multi-IQ claims to be true simultaneous multi-frequency.

Multi-IQ is only a slight improvement over FBS performancewise. The Explorer/E-Trac/CTX and Excalibur are very close in performance to the Equinox at the beach. Those older models are not obsolete by any means as long as you can deal with the weight.

To me, the breakthrough with the Multi-IQ detectors is that they are lighter, the processing is a little better and the overall package is an improvement. Minelab has been making multi-frequency beach detectors for 30 years and during that time, they have had very little competition on the beach. The only other company that came close was Fisher with the multi-frequency CZ series. Apparently, Fisher could not keep up with what Minelab was doing and decided to step away from beach detecting altogether.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 12:34PM by Badger in NH.
April 03, 2021 12:47PM
Detectorist Wrote:
> I agree. In Florida, I could detect a US Nickel in
> wet sand with the Troy X5 at about 8". A quarter a
> t 11"-12" That's about as far down as I wanted to
> dig.

That would be truly amazing if any single frequency VLF detector could pick up a quarter at 11"-12" in the wet sand. That's max depth on the Equinox.

Single-frequency machines only get around 50% - 70% of the depth that multi-frequency can get in the wet sand.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 03:41PM by Badger in NH.
April 03, 2021 04:35PM
My opinion...I have found small low conductors in the wet sand with the Equinox that I don't believe any FBS machine would have hit. That includes small gold like a girls gold ring.

Through the years large bands and class rings were easier plucking. But it would be nice to find the bling.
April 03, 2021 05:04PM
I agree on the small low conductors in the wet sand. I forgot how good the Equinox is on those. Especially fine gold chains. Multi-IQ definitely has some advantages over FBS in that department.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 05:09PM by Badger in NH.
April 04, 2021 12:36AM
goodmore....... cmpletely concur.