Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab Equinox Coiltek coils where are they?

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Minelab Equinox Coiltek coils where are they?
April 26, 2021 02:20PM
Does anyone know what the big delay is on the Coiltek coils for the Equinox? They were released and then nothing. Just wondering what the hold up is. Thanks
Re: Minelab Equinox Coiltek coils where are they?
April 26, 2021 04:44PM
What delay? Lots of people have been recieving them. You just have to wait until all the preorders are filled.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2021 04:46PM by Badger in NH.
April 26, 2021 05:37PM
Had the 15", used it, sold it.
April 27, 2021 01:49PM
I am on pre-order. I ordered mine back months ago. Plus I'm not seeing anyone making videos using them.
April 27, 2021 02:04PM
I don't do videos so I guess the 5 x 10 on the end of my detector's lower rod is just a figment of my imagination. I'm too busy using mine to make videos. smiling bouncing smiley
April 27, 2021 03:06PM
Mccrorysjewelry2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am on pre-order. I ordered mine back months ago.
> Plus I'm not seeing anyone making videos using the
> m.

If you pre-ordered from Kellyco, there's a good chance they let preferred customers cut in front of you. They did that to me once. Never again. You can't trust those guys.
April 27, 2021 04:50PM
Anyone that has received the 5x10 coil what is your take on it compared to the 6 inch and the 11 inch when it comes to separation and depth?
April 27, 2021 06:43PM
Hello From France

I made this test i think you can translate the subtitle in english
[www.youtube.com]

Magus.
April 28, 2021 03:12PM
I've had my 5x10 since first release. It's a deep coil for its size. Signals I noticed bounce a bit more rather then lock on like the minelab coils. No worries cause can still tell with audio. It's a good coil and I would recommend it if ya have a need for one this size. I am mostly a trash hunter and hit up old ghost towns where things become extremely trashy with high mineralization at times. I've done really well in my old trashy park at finding some deeper coins and rings with the coil. For the old old sites with lots of iron I'll be sticking to the DEUS/ORX.
April 28, 2021 07:28PM
Anyone know where to get a deal on the 10x5 coil? Would be great to have one for an upcoming desert trip!

TIA
May 01, 2021 10:47AM
I realize some Equinox users out there like the idea of the 10 x 5 coil. Especially if they used a similar coil in the past on other models. So I do see the appeal of the one coil. But I have yet to see any real benefits posted regarding these new coils. The stock coil will do the job on every situation I have encountered during my hunts. People have mentioned hunting between rocks and around metal poles like swing sets. I do neither. But as far as unmasking? The Equinox does not adhere to the old rules of smaller coils. I speak to those on a budget. Save your money for a pinpointer or some other accessory like a nice beach scoop and use the stock coil. My opinion. Feel free to disagree.
May 01, 2021 11:55AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I realize some Equinox users out there like the id
> ea of the 10 x 5 coil. Especially if they used a s
> imilar coil in the past on other models. So I do s
> ee the appeal of the one coil. But I have yet to s
> ee any real benefits posted regarding these new co
> ils. The stock coil will do the job on every situa
> tion I have encountered during my hunts. People ha
> ve mentioned hunting between rocks and around meta
> l poles like swing sets. I do neither. But as far
> as unmasking? The Equinox does not adhere to the o
> ld rules of smaller coils. I speak to those on a b
> udget. Save your money for a pinpointer or some ot
> her accessory like a nice beach scoop and use the
> stock coil. My opinion. Feel free to disagree.

I agree. The 10 x 5 is the only one that interests me because of its compact shape. If it gets the same depth as the 11", I might get one but the price of $219 is a real deterrent. I don't see the other Coiltek sizes having any advantage. I also don't believe the large and small Minelab coils have any advantage. The Stock 11" does it all very well. In the old days, going bigger or smaller had a more dramatic effect. Bigger coils went deeper and smaller coils had better separation. With today's coils, the performance advantages of going up or down in coil size are minute at best, at least with the Equinox.

I'm waiting to see some depth tests on the 10 x 5 compared to the 11". Reading posts about what people are finding with it does not tell us anything about its performance.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2021 12:11PM by Badger in NH.
May 05, 2021 04:06AM
I agree Imo I think the best coils are the coils made by the manufacturer for there detector.
June 01, 2021 02:49PM
Is anyone receiving there coiltek coils? I have had a preorder in since Jan. or Feb. Still have not received my coil. Keep messaging the dealer I ordered from. Said he is frustrated with coilteks service. He doesn't even know what the hold up is. He can't even give me a date when to expect a shipment.
June 19, 2021 09:41PM
Guys I hate to keep bringing this up but, I just talked to Treasure Mountain detectors and they still haven’t heard from coiltek on when the coils will be deliver. I have been on preorder from the beginning. They can’t figure out what the problem is on receiving the coils. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything? Thanks
June 20, 2021 02:00AM
Mine arrived from the UK off of E-bay, took 15 days from the time I ordered it until it was delivered 3 days ago. It took 12 days to get from New Jersey to Texas. I'm looking forward to getting out and giving it a test run. It's maiden voyage will be in the water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2021 11:52AM by Dan(NM).
June 21, 2021 08:14PM
Yes but, did you see how much they want for one on ebay. I thought these coils had been released. I haven't heard or seen hardly any videos or people talking about these coils. I can't understand why it's taking so long to get preorders filled.