Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Couple of MDT finds

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Couple of MDT finds
May 02, 2021 05:28PM
Hunted with Cliff last weekend i got real lucky to pull the one necklace gold. Turned out to be 10k 2 grams. Always a fun time with him swapping stories. Hunted yesterday .... ugh it was so bad. Hunted about 3 hours at a local beach, all of which were renourished last May. I got 3 pennies.... yep 3 pennies, a putt tab, and a bottle cap. It was going to be a little ruffer out there today bu i went any way. 2 other hunters out there ... one guy got a nice big chain he said..... cut it in 4 pieces i guess we know where that ones going. I didnt do well .... trash collecting mostly ... foil, couple can lids, 4 pairs of sun glasses, 2 junk rings, more than my share of pull tabs..... and finally was about to leave and my final target ...... 12 grams of PLAT baby.

free image hosting website
Re: Couple of MDT finds
May 02, 2021 11:11PM
Lovely to see items of sentimental value found with an MDT 8000, especially when one appreciate what it is capable of.
A scarce detector to find in Oz.

ivanll
May 03, 2021 12:25AM
Very nice!!!!! Been a long time since I pulled plat.
May 03, 2021 11:52AM
Ivanll..... as is the AQ. Midalake.... this is how i like to find precious metal jewelry.... big pay day tickets. right now the water is getting warmer..... the winds are changing to the South so more waves...... but on my beaches right now not a lot of trough so people are all over the place. That makes it time consuming..... and its like playing the loto..... gold is where you OR someone else out there finds it. Best case is always..... have a trough or high bank shore that keeps people closer to shore.
May 05, 2021 04:01AM
Don't feel bad been there done that.
May 05, 2021 10:02AM
Robert .... in some ways these conditions helps hunters like me. Thou we have to put in more hours finding gold ..... it can discourage others. If every time you go there are a lot of hunters and you arent getting much EVER..... then some give up or just dont hunt as hard and limit their time out there. Getting to be the season now for some recent drops.... competition going to get crazy.... so in some ways have people everywhere means, you wont get it all. Been a windy years more than others i think as well. Yesterday had a lot or rip tides and waves.... people were still in the water even on this red flag day. Beat me up pretty well and drank a good bit of water when looking in the scoop lol. 2 rings ... both gold PLATED... one Tung the other SS. I starting to really dislike those. Looks like its going to be another sunglasses year.... got 3 pairs. The hunt before i got 4 pairs. I started a bucket this year just to see how many i might get.
May 05, 2021 11:27AM
Nice bling Dew! Heavy Plat!!!
At least.....you are out there: hitting it!
May 06, 2021 10:14AM
Thanks Tom. That was two hunts..... and a week apart. Not nearly the time id like to spend, lifes got me a little busy lol. I dont know how you find the time to do any hunting or testing with your schedule. My only advantage recently is .... when im not in the water neither are the other guys just because its been to ruff out there. Appointments and projects around the house right now are really keeping me busy just catching up.