Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Replacement battery for Equinox

Posted by Mikey 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Replacement battery for Equinox
May 17, 2021 03:17AM
Does anyone know if there is a source for the minelab equinox battery pack 3011-0405 or equivalent. Mine is over three years old and I'm anticipating needing one.
There are instructions for replacing it on Minelab's website, but no battery. Is there an "aftermarket product" ?

It seems strange that a company would show you how to install a battery that you cannot purchase to install.... IMO. confused smiley
Re: Replacement battery for Equinox
May 17, 2021 12:37PM
It's the ML way.
May 17, 2021 01:45PM
I've not had my Eqx apart to examine the details of the battery and it's wiring ... but I'm sure anyone handy with a soldering iron could swap over the cell, which is a standard 26650 size. Choose one from a good brand/manufacturer with a nominal 5000 mAh ( or slightly more ) capacity.
I don't see any need to buy a "protected" cell, with a small electronics board integrated into it, as the circuitry inside the Eqx will take care of correctly charging it, and, obviously, preventing over-discharge by switching off the detector.

This battery test website may be helpful:

[lygte-info.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2021 07:05PM by Pimento.
May 19, 2021 11:53PM
See iff you can Jimmie rig it to use 4 AA batteries. No worries, no stress, no lost time. Walmart has plenty. grinning smiley
May 23, 2021 12:53AM
Bill long Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"See iff you can Jimmie rig it to use 4 AA batteries. No worries, no stress, no lost time. Walmart has plenty."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

worst case - battery dies, you can run it from a lithium ion power pack fastened to the bottom of the arm rest and using the charging cable to connect up.
Probably it will balance better that way. Too bad they didn't locate the battery back there at the factory and allow us easy access for consumer replacement.
May 23, 2021 07:54PM
wow - three years & still going strong - well done Minelab thumbs down