Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Alright - Let's hear you describe what you would consider your dream detector

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Alright - Let's hear you describe what you would consider your dream detector
June 02, 2021 02:01AM
Be specific.
Think, think, think as you describe.

I have eliminated myself from partaking.
Re: Alright - Let's hear you describe what you would consider your dream detector
June 02, 2021 02:17AM
THINK???---Don't need to!----F19 w/3 tones! TU
You see if this question were asked 25 years ago.
Answers then would be different.

Lot like asking back in 1996 what your dream PC or cell phone would be?
Answer to same question today far different.

Yeah the question I ask has been asked here before over this forum's life time to date. Many times in varying formats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2021 02:34AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Alright - Let's hear you describe what you would consider your dream detector
June 02, 2021 02:38AM
To be able to differentiate alloyed gold from aluminum. What's so hard about that ? eye rolling smiley
June 02, 2021 11:12AM
I would love to design a modern lightweight high-performance CZ beach machine.

It would have no screen and no built-in speaker.

Multi-tone ID with various tone options.

True all-metal mode.

Many coil options.

Wireless options.

Superior ergonomics.

And most importantly, it would not come with headphones.
June 02, 2021 02:06PM
I always wished the CZ-3D had a separate Dime, Quarter, Half, category like the Whites 6000 analog meters along with a 12" depth readout.
June 05, 2021 08:45PM
I agree with Tom -- the ability to give at least some legitimate clues to gold vs. aluminum (tabs, etc.). Beyond that -- unparalleled depth capability, with rich tones that convey maximum intelligence, accurate VDI even at depth (especially with improved bent/square nail vs. high conductor differentiation), and top-notch ability to separate between adjacent targets, if not actually "unmask." Lightweight and balanced, and that's about it. I'm happy with that.

Steve
June 06, 2021 12:30AM
A detector with a setting that gives aluminum an iron tone.
June 06, 2021 06:07PM
Since we are dreaming:

Totally robotic with various metal sensors that could locate, dig and retrieve buried items.

smileys with beer
June 10, 2021 04:18AM
My etrac crammed into my equinox housing.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
June 10, 2021 06:05PM
khouse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My etrac crammed into my equinox housing.

Yes. It would be nice if the old-school explorers (II, etrac, etc...) were as light weight and water-proof as the Nox. Would also be nice if something that light allowed for the sunray in-line probes.
An F75 with the Equinox's added depth, the F44 ability to handle EMI (sometimes my F75 has too much power in Downtown Phoenix), and the Tesoro Cortés sum switch. No I don't want a machine to tell the difference between pulltabs and gold rings. You gotta grind, not whine to get the Au.
June 14, 2021 10:05AM
GPR... multi... and voice controls for a start
June 14, 2021 01:01PM
Dont suppose it'll ever happen; but the ability to completely eliminate iron objects/soil from the equation.
It must have a bell tone.
June 15, 2021 09:08AM
deadlift........ that is a VERY exacting statement/request. If a manufacturer could eliminate iron dirt ...and iron objects.............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even by just 3% or 4%........... that Mfr would completely dominate the entire industry.

(((We just don't realize......just how fatally crippling "ferrous" truly is. Just how bad of a killjoy it imposes))).
June 15, 2021 06:10PM
What I really want in a beach detector:

<$500
All metal setting
Disc option for all metal setting or easy button press to check
Tones of the excal II
10ft waterproof
Light/ergonomic
Speaker option
Ability to change headphones
Mult coils
Customizable settings - volume, iron bias, etc.
Easy to update software
Easy to charge
Easy to change battery

Cool but not needed:

Screen/display
Numbers
GPS
Wifi
Connects to phone app to show you hunts/finds
Go pro cam integrated on the device
Night display

Dream stuff thats currently impossible:

Deep, like 5 ft.
Ability to tell you exactly what the item is (ie gold vs aluminum)
Ability to disc out everything but certain metals (is disc out everything but gold at really tiny sizes)

TLDR: The equinox with the all metal setting/tones of the excalibur.

Nox600, CTX, CZ21, Excal II and White's DF with 920i stealthscoop...I live and hunt at the beach in Wilm NCsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2021 06:12PM by adamBomb.
I am so happy with my XP Deus. Actually I have 2 of them. However, I would like to see a slightly larger TID display, A volume control(even though I use the WS-4 headphones), a waterproof housing and maybe multi frequency. I do not believe there is such thing as a perfect detector, but The Deus is almost, at least for this 71 year old guy that can no longer hear or see well.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. At least the weight does not kill me!
On the V3/V3i, you can select the Corollate feature which will allow you to discriminate a signal based upon how well the signal VDI correlates between two different frequencies. On the three frequency V3/V3i, the two strongest frequencies responses are the frequencies it correlates between. And you can select the VDI correlation window width. You can make it very narrow or very wide or anything in between. If the two strongest frequency signal VDI responses fit inside the corollate window you created, you get a audio/visual response. If they don't fit in the selected window they don't. Very handy discrimination feature.

I would like to see this multi-frequency correlation improved upon, with the added ability to create low, medium and high correlation windows with the added ability to select a specific tone pitch for each window. I would like to be able to create a high correlation window width, and assign a high tone to any targets with a VDI response within that correlation window., a medium correlation window and assign a medium tone to any targets that respond in that window and a low correlation window with the ability to assign a low tone to any targets that respond in that window. I would like to be able to hear the correlation of the signals across multiple frequencies, not just see a VDI phase response number.

In addition to this I would like to be able to select the frequencies I'm using to correlate from a range of 1.5 to 30 kHz in increments of 0.3. I want to be able to dial in the density required to correlate within my correlation windows.

That's what I want.

HH
Mike

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2021 10:25PM by Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant.
July 31, 2021 11:30PM
It has to be new technology. Able to categorize gold from foil/aluminum. See target thru iron with no masking.
The % we are getting out of iron right now is very low.
How about a Nautilus detector made in a much smaller control housing ? Keep the operation of the detector the same. Just make the whole unit lighter.......

Still the best CW relic detector ever made in my opinion.
August 01, 2021 06:45AM
Mike_Hillis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> On the V3/V3i, you can select the Corollate featur
> e which will allow you to discriminate a signal ba
> sed upon how well the signal VDI correlates betwee
> n two different frequencies. On the three frequen
> cy V3/V3i, the two strongest frequencies responses
> are the frequencies it correlates between. And yo
> u can select the VDI correlation window width. Yo
> u can make it very narrow or very wide or anything
> in between. If the two strongest frequency signal
> VDI responses fit inside the corollate window you
> created, you get a audio/visual response. If they
> don't fit in the selected window they don't. Ver
> y handy discrimination feature.
>
> I would like to see this multi-frequency correlati
> on improved upon, with the added ability to create
> low, medium and high correlation windows with the
> added ability to select a specific tone pitch for
> each window. I would like to be able to create a
> high correlation window width, and assign a high t
> one to any targets with a VDI response within that
> correlation window., a medium correlation window a
> nd assign a medium tone to any targets that respon
> d in that window and a low correlation window with
> the ability to assign a low tone to any targets th
> at respond in that window. I would like to be abl
> e to hear the correlation of the signals across mu
> ltiple frequencies, not just see a VDI phase respo
> nse number.
>
> In addition to this I would like to be able to sel
> ect the frequencies I'm using to correlate from a
> range of 1.5 to 30 kHz in increments of 0.3. I wa
> nt to be able to dial in the density required to c
> orrelate within my correlation windows.
>
> That's what I want.
>
> HH
> Mike
Garrett would have to make those changes, I really doubt they would do that. I think we are stuck with our V3i's the way they are, which is very very good. In my opinion the Whites V3i will go down in metal detector history as one of the greatest detectors ever made. I'm sure there are those who may disagree, but V3i's are getting very hard to come by, I just got one off of the bay which the seller mislabeled as a VX3 in their ad and I feel lucky to have gotten it.