Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Video- Minelab etrac test scenario detecting clad dime near iron pole

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Video- Minelab etrac test scenario detecting clad dime near iron pole
June 26, 2021 09:22PM
Detector ran at 50 tones conductive, fast on, deep off. Manual sensitivity and auto sensitivity behaved the same way.
[m.youtube.com]
Re: Video- Minelab etrac test scenario detecting clad dime near iron pole
June 26, 2021 10:53PM
Now some may be thinking what I showed is meaningless or unimportant.
I beg to differ.
If one tries to use Etrac with disc setting at 32, 33, 34 or 35 good luck. You will be digging nail city.

Now here’s the biggie.
When we approach a steel pole with our detector coil, we don’t know (can’t see) how the iron pole is negatively affecting signal for possible nonferrous lurking near.

This is exactly what happened to me using Etrac in the site years ago where I located silver dime yesterday near iron pole.
I thought pole was causing the signal given by Etrac.
Notice even how Equinox, its behavior on bigger iron out from side of its coil.

So in this case in video with Etrac, the tone is very telling(with disc set to 27). ID though, not seeing an ID can throw a person off.

When Etrac cursor is down in iron range when disc say 27 is used and we are detecting p, we can’t see cursor. It is hidden in the black.

If I would have run Etrac with quick Mask set down at 35, I couldn’t ever make a good guess a higher conductive coin exists. As nails would ID similar to say 35-45. Plus I may detect the iron pole too.

You don’t see many posts ever really where Etrac or even CTX for that matter provides no ID on a very good sounding target. With what we call normally hunt able levels of disc employed.

Hope folks enjoyed the video.
June 27, 2021 10:22AM
Very Interesting. Have you tried any other detectors in that scenario, tns?
My guess is that most will detect the iron rod, maybe even give an overload signal.
June 27, 2021 11:45AM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very Interesting. Have you tried any other detecto
> rs in that scenario, tns?
> My guess is that most will detect the iron rod, ma
> ybe even give an overload signal.

Not yet Ozzie. IMO when a person gets a detector new to them. This test should be done by user. Very telling. One could even go to a test bed and drive the post down few inches near some of their buried test bed items and perform tests, And remove aand reposition and do additional testing. This could help a person when detecting in the wild when using detector near fence posts, , well heads, porches with rebar, playground equipment, etc.
June 27, 2021 03:56PM
Follow up video
[m.youtube.com]
June 27, 2021 09:30PM
I couldn't get that close to a fence with the f-75 or the cz without it sounding off on the fence. Good video tns, I stay away from fences, thank you !