Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Two videos comparing Equinox 800 to Deus wearing 11" and 9" LFcoils

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Two videos comparing Equinox 800 to Deus wearing 11" and 9" LFcoils
June 29, 2021 03:36PM
Re: Two videos comparing Equinox 800 to Deus wearing 11" and 9" LFcoils
June 29, 2021 09:55PM
I think these video's are proof that the Deus is more suited to relic hunting than it is coin shooting.
June 29, 2021 10:24PM
Few additional comments on videos. Iron as far as giving signal can be a Deus best friend, but At the same time iron corrupts tone nuance (pitch). Allowing iron volume on even low setting might help tone pitch some on collocates nonferrous and ferrous. Eqx though seems it don’t matter whether horseshoe is on or off. I tried to be fair as I could showing the differences on that one scenario. There are many other scenarios I have done and witnessed formthe most part what is displayed in video. ID of target’s conductivity applies both to tone obtained when swept and meter readings. Remember ground not really included with this setup I used. Even 2 and 3 bar ground will negatively affect Deus ID depending on depth of target. Also one will notice using smaller coil on Deus. Using 3 reactivity yielded better results for swept tone obtained on Deus using 9” coil. Using this 3 setting of reactivity causes a depth loss potential for Deus. Where as EQX even at sensitivity level 22 like used in video can be quite deep. Versatility really is what comes to mind. Turn on Nox go say park 1 50 tones with somewhat lower iron bias and one is off to the races. Packs a lot of solutions for the different detecting scenarios. In should mention this also. If I would have raised disc level from 0 using full tones with Deus on dime setup, tone pitch would have increased. But not got as high vs sweeping the solo zincoln cent. I could have also engaged horseshoe button on EQX, and it would have still gave same pitch signal on dime setup as the solo zincoln cent. So this if done would have showed another behavior difference between the 2 models.

Only reason really why I did these videos is a gent had said Deus was as good as IDing nonferrous colocated with iron. So I said I would do a video showing both models detectors. I think it is safe to say, some Deus users out there if they watch the videos may become better Deus users.

I don't do very much practice for these videos. No notes or cheat sheets. Try to navigate detector as fast as I can. One can have some hiccups at times. I edit very little too.

Cheers.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2021 12:56AM by tnsharpshooter.
June 29, 2021 11:16PM
I think it's safe to say that you don't know the Deus very well. Watch "Paystreak Superfreak" on You Tube and his comparisons with Nox and Deus in iron and learn something. Personally have both the Nox and the Deus both have their strong and weak points.
June 29, 2021 11:54PM
PhDtector Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it's safe to say that you don't know the D
> eus very well. Watch "Paystreak Superfreak" on You
> Tube and his comparisons with Nox and Deus in iron
> and learn something. Personally have both the Nox
> and the Deus both have their strong and weak point
> s.

Well there Chap.
It goes like this. Maybe you should get a go pro and show us all how it's done. If an ignorant person like me can do surely you can,
Notice I still have a deus. Wonder why?
The video showed a clear difference in the 2 detector models behaviors.
If anyone has any advice to make Deus give better tone in my setup, I am all ears.
June 30, 2021 01:22PM
If you mentioned what Deus program you were basing your settings on, I missed it.
June 30, 2021 01:52PM
Think I stated Deus fast. I did use Deus fast.
Go ahead and do test yourself and share here. See if you see what I did.

Just last nite I was playing with Deus using 9" of coil. 2 nails and a dime. I was playing with unnormalized vdi on deus. Dime face reading of 31 on deus. Popped the Nox over it and it gave again a 20 meter reading. Deus id was 40 points low of airtest value of clad dime.

I was talking to fellow detectorist long distance this morning. He made a good point. He stated Nox made Deus more of a niche unit since nox release. This may have been how Minelab should have marketed vs saying obsoleted units, I agree with my bud.

As far as using Deus and Nox.
If only coil for deus was 11" LF coil, I would choose Nox over Deus every time.
Yeah I have compared the models a lot. Even using the HF coils.

I try to share what I notice. Detector tendencies I call them. Can there be exceptions? Sure. And when I see what I consider exceptions (to a model's tendencies) while detecting or testing I share them too.

I think think here is grand info too.
New deus users, new Nox users, new folks getting into detecting.
Get a rebar pole drive in ground over clean ground.
And experiment using detector in closer proximity of this pole.
Detecting various things and experiment with distance from pole and coil height.
Very telling.
And the pole is stationary so this makes it easier to set up test as less will have to be moved since iron pole is fixed.
A shortcut to learning how to understand vlf detector performance in iron can be had.
I used deus and 9" of coil near my Rebar pole. Very telling how deus behaves. See a lot here that micmicks how detector behaves in polluted iron sites.
Shape of the pole helps exaggerate the ferrous affects on vlf detector ops. Use of rebar pole in ground provides more learnign than using what (I can't stand ) the illustrious nail board test.

Cheers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2021 02:01PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 30, 2021 03:48PM
Thanks for the reply.

I never use un-normalized, there is one advantage but I'm too lazy to memorize all the numbers, one set of numbers for all frequency's is enough for me.
When I am around a pole (playground, fence) I just lower the sensitivity. Loses depth but most playground targets are shallow, (but not always). I will try a pole and a dime and try to see what what you are talking about.

Pick out some of the videos that mention iron: [www.youtube.com]
This guy knows Deus and doesn't mind mentioning the faults either.
June 30, 2021 05:17PM
PhDtector Wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.e
>
> I never use un-normalized, there is one advantage
> but I'm too lazy to memorize all the numbers, one
> set of numbers for all frequency's is enough for m
> e.
> When I am around a pole (playground, fence) I just
> lower the sensitivity. Loses depth but most playgr
> ound targets are shallow, (but not always). I will
> try a pole and a dime and try to see what what you
> are talking about.
>
> Pick out some of the videos that mention iron: htt
> ps://www.youtube.com/c/PaystreakSuperfreak/search?
> query=deus%20vs%20equinox
> This guy knows Deus and doesn't mind mentioning th
> e faults either.

I watched this one.
[m.youtube.com]

I watched one of gents videos. Notice he don't use pinpoint on nox. Why. That can lid would have showed itself quick.
He contradicts himself. Tells how to set up deus to find the goods. Then he says jewelry can sound like junk. He hits target with nox, good iD. Hits target with deus calls junk. Turns out it's jewelry. That nonferrous washer wasn't junk target per SE for the site he was hunting either.
So jewelry can sound like junk, but gent can tell junk from jewelry with deus.
Ashamed I didn't have go pro back when. I could have showed a lot of things dig wise with Deus. I described a lot of what I saw on this very forum last 6 years of so. Hard to put into words but I did best I could.
Also one thing I would do, is place odds percentages on if target was nonferrous hunting old iron polluted site.
I talk about this too when I described what I was seeing/hearing and then give final result. To see how accurate I was.
Did my accuracy go up with time using deus. Yes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2021 05:25PM by tnsharpshooter.
June 30, 2021 10:03PM
Keep watching more of his videos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2021 10:04PM by PhDtector.
July 01, 2021 01:02PM
Gent can tell jewelry from junk with the Deus...WHAT A JOKE! I am proficient with both the Nox and Deus.
July 01, 2021 01:41PM
I went back and watched gent's video again.
So he says he sweeps fast and keys on higher conductors.
Got news for him. Sweeping real fast deus when it detects a target user may not get good clue tone wise of targets conductivity. It will depend on how masked each nonferrous is. A US quarter may sound like a pull ring tab. You slow down and or do hover sweeps you may hear better. So what you hear when sweeping deus (especially fast) is relative tone really as far as indication of conductivity. Which means a sole pull ring could sound like a more compromised say dime, Penny or even a quarter. You watch the gent in video near the beginning you'll see where he actually does hover sweep with deus coil - note the results gotten can what was given tone wise when he was sweeping around like a rocket ship.
Yes one can find targets sweeping super fast. And I guess if one keeps finding targets they would be none the wiser of what slowing down and realizing deus limitations.

Case in point.
Take a deus and go near well casing head looking for high conductive coins. You get up say around 7" - to around 18" from the casing. You sweep through there fast. You may hear tone alright. Might sound like a pull ring, foil,etc. You do hover sweeps on those same targets you may hear higher tone. A silver quarter, dime. Etc other higher conductive coins
Could be staring one right in the face not very deep either. Something for deus users to think about. You know ID at depth has been talked about as far as deus. But not much talked about as far as tone ID as we sweep.

Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2021 01:53PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 01, 2021 03:37PM
Little video I did this morning with Deus.
[m.youtube.com]
July 01, 2021 04:16PM
Why do you insist on using L.F. coils?----Use H.F. coils.
July 01, 2021 04:36PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> Why do you insist on using L.F. coils?----Use H.F.
> coils.

I never insisted anyone use LF coils. Folks do still use LF coils I think. Will a hf coil help a person with select digging? Maybe or maybe not. ID in HF coils scaled to freq in use. So 28.8 kHz nickels, pull rings, other junk plus high conductive coins comes in at 75-98. Using full tones be hard to decipher which is lower conducive vs higher. Been there and done that. Plus tone on HF coils gets compromised too on nonferrous close to ferrous. It can be misleading listing to HF coil in the wild. Yes the tone given is higher on lead,,etc relic hunting and this does allow user to hear easier. Some of this higher tone is cause by detector being better closer to iron vs LF coils plus the tone scale/ id scale being driven by freq in use. Some caused by it seems hf coils less affected by ground minerals. Even using lowest freq band. Using X35 coils and LF coils can have advantage in modern tests sites since lower freqs can be employed. Small bits of foil more invisible. And allows for deus tom respond with higher tone denoting higher conductor. HF coils may or may not do this. Being 14 kHz is as low as one can go.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2021 05:19PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 01, 2021 07:13PM
Deus hf elliptical doing similar tests.
[m.youtube.com]
July 01, 2021 07:43PM
Thank you-----tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> Deus hf elliptical doing similar tests.
> [m.youtube.com]
July 02, 2021 01:29PM
Interesting!