Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Anyone ever buy this -- iron oxide

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Anyone ever buy this -- iron oxide
June 30, 2021 05:14AM
Re: Anyone ever buy this -- iron oxide
June 30, 2021 10:13AM
Remember Etch-a Sketch?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
June 30, 2021 08:52PM
Buy it? I've been trying to stay away from that stuff since I started detecting. grinning smiley
July 02, 2021 08:32PM
To any detector, I recommend buying some magnetite to test the correct setting of the detector on such a terrain ... and to understand how magnetic mineralization works.

If you mix 1 part by weight of pure magnetite with 19 parts by weight of sand ... you get highly mineralized "Black sand" / 7 Bar Fe4o3 = 5% magnetite / measured on Tek G2 ...

Then find the best setting of your detector for such mineralized terrain ...
But you can also find the limits of your detector ... or the coil ...

If you want to find out how iron mineralization / red mineral-hematite type ,or rust type ...
to buy iron oxide F2o3 / Hematite / ... and quickly find out .. why the nickel ID goes down ... with increasing depth of detection ...
..In this case, the detector frequency used also plays a very important role

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2021 08:45PM by EL NINO.
July 02, 2021 09:00PM
Got to admit, I had considered buying some a couple of years ago, related to some Geotech1 threads on detector operation. I never bought,... but I have accumulated a fair number of 'ferrite' adjustment slugs from radio-frequency transformers, salvaged from electronics scrap. A large enough array of them ( several hundred ) could simulate 'ground'.
[ and they may not be ferrite , it's really hard to tell, may actually be powdered iron dust ]
July 02, 2021 11:25PM
Correct........ and good data.