Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

May have dug my 2 most crippled higher conductive coins today ever

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
May have dug my 2 most crippled higher conductive coins today ever
July 05, 2021 03:01AM
Gave good ID too. Had a ball. In a controlled site (yard).
Stood over these 2 suspect targets for a while too.
Might not look like much. To some.
winking smiley

[ibb.co]

Btw, credit here for what I did goes in part to who?
Mr Dankowksi.
He's made comments on this forum in the past. And today I used to my benefit.

The other credit believe it or not goes to what I learned just few days ago doing on top of the ground tests. Some folks may frown on such test- oh well.

There is some click bait out there associated with the more modern (later released detectors). What exactly? Faster speed settings on vlf detectors.
Speed can kill with a vlf detector just like speed can kill when one drives a car.

This so called click bait. It could become bait just by one looking at a video like this one.
[m.youtube.com]

Cheers.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2021 03:59AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: May have dug my 2 most crippled higher conductive coins today ever
July 05, 2021 09:53AM
Does the EQ really hit that fast. .. hard to believe. I'll ask RodMan to try it, he has an EQ. Or is this link deceiving?
July 05, 2021 07:15PM
ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does the EQ really hit that fast. .. hard to beli
> eve. I'll ask RodMan to try it, he has an EQ. Or i
> s this link deceiving?

No Ozzie, Eqx will do what is in video. Question is ...how does this apply more to the real world of detecting?
July 05, 2021 08:36PM
It certainly does help. .the speed. Basically, close to an air test. Those coins are close together.
Is that as close as they can be placed and pick up all the coins? Probably, or those boys would have them closer.

Does that unit even shut down at all after it detects metal.. . or is it always on, super fast? I don't remember ever seeing any unit that fast.
I may have to get one, or the next edition coming out.
July 05, 2021 08:46PM
So how do we know when we are getting most info our detector can provide on a target scenario?

Sounds like easy question to some, right?
Not so fast.

I started detecting in latter part of 2010. My first detector was a V3i Whites. You know the one with lots of different settings.
My buying it may have been the best thing to happen to me. Not necessarily because of what I found with it. But moreso it upped my curiosity factor. I joined this forum later on. And started reading and following along. I think I have learned a lot. Lot of teachers who frequented this forum too. Not just Mr Dankowski the forum owner either.

This thing that has started showing up on detectors called speed setting, for XP they called it reactivity. So it is my opinion some folks may have fell into a trap of sorts. Thinking more or less they don't want to miss anything. This extra so-called speed seems gets a lot of attention on some detector models. Will this extra speed pay off for us in the field ?
Maybe or maybe not. Slower speed also has been associated more with additional detection depth.

Not long after XP Deus hit the USA I remember Keith Southern had a video using a Deus early on. These early Deus in USA had version 2.0 in them. Keith was using speed (reactivity) 2 on his Deus unit. Some folks watching this video may have questioned his use of this seemingly slower speed setting hunting a site he states in video he had already been in previously detecting. So was Keith using the wrong speed setting?

There have been videos done showing Deus, even the Minelab Equinox, the Rutus Alter 71 and others depicting these detectors' speed. Most of these videos were showing like multiple coins and or nails in the same plane being swept quite fast.

Later on XP released a version for Deus that added a new speed setting (reactivity level 2.5). Why did XP do this? Was adding this just a gimmick?

Mr Dankowksi has alluded to on this forum many times talking about tone. And tone duration - Is this important?

So folks acquire metal detectors with speed settings on them. Some may even do some of their own tests. Trying to figure different things about their detector (I'm guilty here).
So some of these folks may run their detector at a say faster speed and do some depth tests and draw the conclusion okay my detector can see X target so deep using this (faster) speed setting. Is this a correct good conclusion to draw?
The same person may think since their detector can see X deep on X target that this means their detector will unmask the same target at X depth. Is this necessarily a good conclusion to reach?

Fixed speed detectors, they don't have this variable of speed setting adjustment. Some vlf detectors had different processes and some processes were actually slower and deeper. Fisher F75LTD you know the one with boost was one such detector. Mr Danksowski wrote a lot of data on this forum on his experiences with the newer Fisher model and he did talk about tone duration. In fact tone duration being extended using the new Fisher F75 with Bp boost process.

So how do we know when our detector is giving the most info it can achieve (provide us) at any one point?

I highly suspect one reason folks caught on faster with FBS/FBS2 detectors was due to their having fewer speed adjustment settings.

So could a person think after watching some of the so-called speed videos they can just go to faster speed setting and go rock and roll detecting? And if they indeed find some things they are very satisfied and good chance they'll repeat again on future detecting outings. They in a sense are non the wiser.

Could a person who sees one of these speed videos say with Deus or Equinox, could they go ahead and fairly assume detector is fast. It's reporting tone when they sweep. It's reporting tones even when they sweep faster. Things to them are hunky dory.

I'll use the Deus here as example. I did asked the question above as far as the new reactivity 2.5 setting. Was it a gimmick? I don't think so. I think XP doing their own testing saw a hole so to speak. There were actually Deus detectable scenarios where level 2 was inadequate and level 3 was inadequate. Does this mean either level 2 or level 3 reactivity levels didn't provide any tonal response on what Deus was providing using speed (reactivity) level 2.5? I doubt it. Question is how much worse was the data supplied to headphones or external speaker.

The human ear is restricted to just how short duration it can hear. Now some folks ears can be different. But everyone's ears has a lower limit as far as hearing a tone based on duration.

This speed setting on most if not all vlf detectors affects this tone duration.

So folks see these speed tests videos and they get the same detector maybe and they are off to the races.

Can a person draw a conclusion oh my detector is fast hence I can swing fast and all is fine. I am picking out the goodies. I can here my detector talk to me as I sweep faster.

The coil is swept, the detector transits and receives and process something. This some thing is conveyed to us. This all takes time. So even a so called fast detector can it keep up with faster coil sweeps providing us with its best info it can give us?

You see detectors may indeed have gotten faster. They may indeed be processing data faster. But if we keep the constant of a faster sweep we may not be taking full advantage of just how good of info our detector can give us. We might even call these faster processing detectors better proof readers. They may be taking more pics of the detecting scenario. But we are cheating our detectors and we may allow our detector to take even more pics by a slower speed setting and or slower sweep speed (coil movement).

Just because we see an ID in our detectors meter does this necessarily mean the detector has given us its best possible info on any one detecting scenario?

I asked a lot questions above. I purposely asked these questions.
Folks will have to ponder these on their own.

I almost forgot.
Does it take an older site for one to be detecting to employ higher skills in detecting and find harder to detect (typically) objects ?
I think sometimes folks try and link older site takes more skill than less older sites.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2021 09:21PM by tnsharpshooter.
July 05, 2021 09:29PM
I think there is something to be said for going slow in heavy iron and trash, an FBS detector can surprise you with the right coil on it and taking it slow.
July 06, 2021 01:45AM
Short video I did comparing Etrac and Equinox 800 sweeping 3 coins.
[m.youtube.com]