Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher in Florida

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher in Florida
July 25, 2021 04:42PM
Good little video recently with Russ from Fisher with some of Phil Meyers crew. That area around St Pete and Tampa bay seems to have the most Red Tide right now. Unfortunately we didnt see much of their hunt results..... and they didnt show off the AQ either. Hopefully one of the guys will do a follow up.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2021 04:56PM by dewcon4414.
Re: Fisher in Florida
July 25, 2021 09:41PM
I like that new coil design.
July 25, 2021 11:20PM
Mentioned the new coil was for a new machine. I thought they were going to discuss that one because the AQ has been around awhile. Maybe Fishers new machine for the coil is around the corner. Hopefully the corner is not 5 miles away. LOL.
July 26, 2021 05:05AM
The new coil looks pretty interesting, I wonder what "new" machine it was for confused smiley Clearly not for the AQ if it's running on the F75, T2, etc.

I wonder what NASA-Tom knows about this grinning smiley
July 26, 2021 11:07AM
Well hopefully it doesnt take years to come out like the production AQ has. Im hoping they show more of their hunts. I seen some of the results posted on a FB page. The Red Tide is making things difficult up that way. Im wondering how difficult PPing would be with that coil..... especially in the water. What ever machine it goes on it obviously works around salt water.
July 26, 2021 11:49AM
dewcon4414 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
What ever machine it goes on it obviously works around salt water.
-------------------------------------------------------

Don't all coils work around saltwater?

I've always thought it was the detector that deals with the salt, not the coil.
July 26, 2021 01:38PM
Badger...... correct.

----------

That's a VLF coil....... because: two loops. Probably Transmit on the left..... and Receive on the right. (( DD configuration )).
A PI coil is only one loop. , . , . , . which is also called a "Mono" coil.
July 26, 2021 02:32PM
He did say it will sweep thru the water easily so that could mean a new waterproof vlf detector coming.
July 26, 2021 04:02PM
I think COVID delayed this coil release about a year and a half. I'm glad to see it transitioned over to the F75.

Now all you need to do is find someone to buy it from.

They also recently made a much lighter weight 15" cache coil but I don't see it advertised either.

Looking forward to buying this one.

HH
Mike