Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The hype has started....

Posted by ghound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
The hype has started....
September 10, 2021 04:51PM
Re: The hype has started....
September 10, 2021 06:19PM
This machine will be SO good at un-masking & depth, that : You can put a quarter on the front seat of a '55 Chevy. And then wave the coil from 3 ft. away, outside of the Chevy, and you will STILL get the quarter, with accurate TID. Has anyone else heard this rumor too ?? drinking smiley
JCR
September 10, 2021 06:41PM
I'm looking forward to it. Probably purchase one based on how well my Anfibio Multi performs.

Chris
September 10, 2021 07:08PM
Tom_in_CA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This machine will be SO good at un-masking & depth
> , that : You can put a quarter on the front seat
> of a '55 Chevy. And then wave the coil from 3 ft.
> away, outside of the Chevy, and you will STILL get
> the quarter, with accurate TID. Has anyone else
> heard this rumor too ?? drinking smiley

Well, now I am confused, I heard it was the backseat??
Jeff
September 11, 2021 11:09AM
There is only one question. Will it persuade Equinox owners to make a purchase? As I mentioned before.....It needs to show a real and definitive advantage over the Equinox because the market has just been dominated for a few years. As good as the Nox? Well I already own the Nox. One area of interest to me will be the water proof feature. An area many Equinox owners were and are dissatisfied. One thing is for sure. We all know that one tester out there has been making comparison videos for months. As soon as Makro gives the nod we will inundated with videos of targets next to everything on the planet. This detector is the real Anfibio. About 7 years late? How can a detector be called Anfibio when 3/4 of the world is salt water?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2021 08:09PM by goodmore.
September 11, 2021 12:34PM
"...we will unintended with videos..."

Maybe this meant:

"... we will be inundated with videos..." ??

That's my guess, anyway.
September 11, 2021 12:50PM
Yeah proof reading is still better than relying on technology. You figured it out.
September 11, 2021 02:54PM
words as in other forms of communication tend to be best interpreted
September 11, 2021 10:13PM
Unless it comes direct from Dilek at Nokta/Makro, don't believe the unconfirmed hype you read by speculators.

It will be interesting to see what Nokta/Makro comes up with.

I hope to field test one, will be interesting.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 13, 2021 02:00AM
Makro makes great machines,and imo has surpassed all brands in a short window of time. I could care less about multi frequency, in my dirt there's no advantage..The simplex alone I'm sure has dropped sales from all other brands. I can't speak for anyone else but I'm sure the simplex in my soil will not only find anything other machines will,but find alot that most won't.Nope,I haven't seen any hype from Makro yet
September 14, 2021 07:13AM
September 14, 2021 02:06PM
JCR
September 14, 2021 08:05PM
Either I am not very good at following the format of the Posts or I'm just confused. I don't see any remarks made by the original poster. The second one, yes.

Chris
September 14, 2021 08:56PM
JCR Wrote:
> Either I am not very good at following the format
> of the Posts or I'm just confused. I don't see any
> remarks made by the original poster. The second on
> e, yes.

Maybe Nokta meant that the thread title was insulting? IDK, i'm as confused as you are about that post.
September 14, 2021 10:06PM
Dilek was on live video this morning, clearing up the rumors and speculation.

Delay is retooling, programming. Major significant changes have been made.

Comes with standard large 11"

Optional 6" coil.

It is not a "Simplex" model!!!!

Carbon shafts

Bluetooth wireless headphones

Waterproof, submersible in a Simplex housing.

Will announce more in a number of weeks.

Facebook video

[fb.watch]

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
September 14, 2021 11:47PM
September 14, 2021 11:58PM
September 15, 2021 01:55AM
like every machine, time will tell if it's for you, some may love it, some may not, I worry about time and place to go, more than the machine I swing
September 15, 2021 02:03AM
Are they putting out any salt water guidance on this machine????
September 17, 2021 07:59AM
what 'hype' are you on about ghound? confused smiley

do you mean advertising of a product they stated that they are releasing? smoking smiley

which you see that as "hype'? eye rolling smiley
September 17, 2021 01:06PM
Nokta Detectors reply on this thread has soured my view of NM .. very unprofessional .. and as a former and potential future customer has me now second guessing any involvement on my part. I'm hoping that Nokta Detectors and Nokta Macro are not the same entity.
September 17, 2021 02:11PM
Ghound doesn't like there products and thinks they are pimped by sponsored people. Him and nokta have went round and round before its not the first time they have had threads like this. If he doesn't like them and don't think they work good in his dirt fine and dandy. But just realize that the one and only reason to start a thread saying the hype has started was to get a reaction from nokta. He just enjoys poking the bear
September 17, 2021 03:09PM
Pedlar mills Wrote:
> Ghound doesn't like there products and thinks they
> are pimped by sponsored people. Him and nokta have
> went round and round before its not the first time
> they have had threads like this. If he doesn't lik
> e them and don't think they work good in his dirt
> fine and dandy. But just realize that the one and
> only reason to start a thread saying the hype has
> started was to get a reaction from nokta. He just
> enjoys poking the bear

Thanks for bringing me up to date on that .. I didn't know there was history with this .. still, it's doubtful that anyone's opinion will effect sales very much, considering .. though, not knowing this history, the reply surely could. There are many people anticipating this release. Probably should be left at that.
September 20, 2021 10:33AM
The thread title - "The hype has started..."

Nokta-Makro have the right to defend themselves and their products from
continual pointless digs from ghound -

This poor chap confuses advertising with 'hype' and continually attempts
to belittle Nokta Makro by spinning some sort of 'hype' train. I can certainly
attest to the fact that Nokta-Makro do not 'hype' up their products -

There is absolutely no need to as they excel expectations in most instances
with their products and support.

Maybe the grapes are sour in his part of the world, who knows? confused smiley
September 20, 2021 02:49PM
.. personally, I would have skipped over this thread if not for nokta detectors' reply. .. Surely, they have the right .. but, nothing good could come from replying to something that makes so little difference in the grand scheme of things .. could you imagine if they made the F150 and had to defend every jab .. the sales is the defense, no need for words. .. and not to be superseded is ghounds right to voice his beliefs .. any intelligent person can decide what's best for themselves.
September 20, 2021 03:14PM
ScoTTT2 Wrote:
> .. personally, I would have skipped over this thre
> ad if not for nokta detectors' reply. .. Surely, t
> hey have the right .. but, nothing good could come
> from replying to something that makes so little di
> fference in the grand scheme of things .. could yo
> u imagine if they made the F150 and had to defend
> every jab .. the sales is the defense, no need for
> words. .. and not to be superseded is ghounds righ
> t to voice his beliefs .. any intelligent person c
> an decide what's best for themselves.

I disagree.

Dilek has been the face of Nokta Makro from before their merger. She's a fantastic presence and has great DIRECT interactions with users.
She's a very straight shooter and is a huge reason so many clients, dealers, and distributors have come to realize that Nokta Makro produces great products, listens to their customers, and follows through with great support.

Any other nonsense has become background noise to the real truth.
September 20, 2021 03:16PM
I only buy Ford trucks.

HH
Mike
September 20, 2021 09:46PM
I don't view this as "hype". Parachuting out of an airplane during a detecting festival to promote a new product that won't be released for another 6+ months, now that might be construed as hype smiling smiley

Honestly NM has been pretty transparent and honest over the years listening to their customers and building the products that we want based on user feedback and experience. They're not perfect, but from my perspective they've probably been the most engaging, helpful, and innovative company I've experienced since I first clued into them when the Red Racer was coming to fruition and Monte was cluing the NAM to the new kid on the block.

If NM claim they can build a SMF that's as good or better then the EQX800, I think we're all in for a treat and the competition is great for consumers. Currently I'm pretty happy with my 1-2 punch combo using the Makro Multi Kruzer and the EQX800 at my relic sites, but if NM can build a better mouse trap, I'll take one thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 12:26AM by Cal_cobra.
JCR
September 21, 2021 01:37AM
I expect NM intends to not only impress the serious detectorist, but also surprise the competition. I'm hoping they will introduce a real breakthrough in actual performance in the field. Something like mitigating EMI or target resolution at depth. I think we will see something more than current Flagship SMF technology at a lower price point. We will know before much longer by their indications.

Chris
September 21, 2021 03:06AM
Hype, as in, it will obsolete all other detectors, kind of hype ??