Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

MDT yellow

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
MDT yellow
September 25, 2021 02:54PM
Been awhile since ive been able to get out ....decided to sell the house and lord know everything that went with that...... then fractured wrist and a couple of toes. Still not a lot of fun digging nor the twisting and pulling that comes with it. I did 5 hours on this hunt it was pretty clean from the local and now snow bird hunters moving in. Some of my junk i dug..... notice no bottle caps.... and surprised no hair pins. The coins could be heard but weak. It still amazes me how deep this machine will go and still tell you ferr from non-ferr. The larger diamond ring has 1/2 C diamonds 14K 7.1 gram, the smaller in gold with chips 10K and i didnt weigh it, .... then we have the Tung. I had hunted the area about 3 days prior and got 4 rings that day. My hunting buddy has been hunting it in the evenings NADA and very few targets. So i have to assume some sand moved because the were where you would expect gold to be as well as others hitting them.

Re: MDT yellow
September 25, 2021 03:03PM
very nice
September 25, 2021 08:12PM
Well done matey!!!!!!!

RR
September 26, 2021 12:40AM
Nice finding gold. Good hunt.
September 26, 2021 01:21AM
Awesome ratio....for 5-hours!
Congrat's!
September 26, 2021 09:12AM
Congrats on that haul, it’s a confidence booster because that’s been a scarce color around these parts. Fall is almost here, hopefully some time for some sand movement here too.
September 26, 2021 01:04PM
Fall has always been kinder to me than Summer. Maybe the competition.... thou we get a LOT of Snow Bird hunters during Fall and Winter. Pretty nice score just in melt value. This one ended up on someones finger lol.

Tom about the only targets i passed on was known iron or maybe a few very deep bottle caps. Even the can slaw was hiding. The coins and gold was hanging pretty deep in the 8" range or more. Couple of the quarters were so deep i thought they might be sunglasses. I did get one pair of crazy deep sunglasses not shown. I have two areas to my pouch so they ended up getting forgotten about. Had to wait on some new acid for the smaller white gold ring. I thought it was time and tossed mine during the move. Settled in at Venice now .... about 15min North from where i was. So few beaches here a few min. away ill see if they produce. Hit one the other day..... horrible results. heard a few pieces of iron and got maybe 3 coins and a couple of pull tabs..... seemed like everything had been pulled out deeper and these are high bank beaches with more open water so if the wind blows it can really rock and roll.

Thanks all GL out there.
cdv
September 27, 2021 12:01AM
Good to hear you are back at it Dew.... Congrats on the gold.

Cliff
September 28, 2021 11:55AM
Nice. Congrats