Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey folks

Posted by Bill long 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Hey folks
November 14, 2021 06:42PM
calabash digger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am glad you asked Bill.. Read above you got a ma
> n calling a man a POS because he disagreed with Ke
> ith.
> I almost totally disagree with everything thing Ke
> ith says about analog detectors...Does that make m
> e a POS?
> As I said he should be here posting for the few wh
> o hold to the Analog views. Also for the MDT guys.
>
> One thing is for certain the guys on here love to
> start the personal attacks and insults when someon
> e says something against one of the click members.
>
> The purpose of the go look at my Brown Bess commen
> t is to show I am not just sitting around typing o
> n a keyboard or playing in a test garden but I am
> actually out using the gear that I talk about and
> review.
>
> Its no secret I dont have a fan club on this forum
> and I could care less.
>
> Did you preorder a detector from Rick?
>
> I love the all due respect intro...you know the in
> sults are coming after that.

All of this for posting a thread appreciating someone. WOW
Who the hell is Rick
November 14, 2021 08:54PM
The part that perplexes me the most.
A dedicated relic Hunter. Who seems to hunt sites with high iron content.
And it is said. Eqx 800 is (something to the effect) deepest small coil setup I have seen.
Then little later it is posted here EQX is SOLD!!

Yep that I sure didn't understand.

Then there is this so-called nail board test.
Deus won't pass.
Yet some other detectors will pass with smaller coils.

But what if we compared all detectors with just one nail elevated above say civil war relic or coin's plane.
Then how does the small coil on those units do?

Would it be safe to presume a relic in a old site would likely be deeper than say couple inches with possible iron shading to some degree causing many detectors to do a non alert? XP gold max or Deus or even an EQX just might hit. Higher odds usually.

Folks can agree or disagree with anything I post here. If one disagrees I would expect some logic and reasoning for why they do disagree. Not just I told you so or I have been detecting for over 30 years.

As far as defending folks here.
Keith is really the only one who was defended.
Certainly not me.

I don't need anyone to defend me.
I'll defend myself. And I have.

Is is coincidence or not.
You know this forum as far as video links went. It was mostly just one person. Daniel of Tn did post a few.
Then others got cameras and started sharing via video units in the field, etc.

Then you know who went missing.

When folks are looking at a person's review as far as performance.
What is really the number one question that folks have?
Common sense tells me what does X detector do that Y and Z detectors can't do.
As far as locating and yes maybe even IDing target via number depending.

To close here.
How does one know how good a detector is really?
If one just has one detector they have zero for comparison, right?
Yeah they may locate things.
But how do they know if some things are being missed another model might alert one?
So, and I have said this before.
A person can take one model detector and use and it can help them learn a newer model to them. And the newer model may even have more capabilities than the older model(s). It is a place to start. And reversing which detector(s) are used to locate a pattern will start to be witnessed.
So it's not necessarily just about an individual's skills at detecting necessarily. Having multiple models can aid in use, and determining which model is the best for any given scenario.
November 14, 2021 10:11PM
You still don't get it. Missing Keith has nothing to do with detectors. The best part of this hobby is associating with people and developing an admiration for some of them. Others? Well there I go again.
November 15, 2021 02:32PM
Actually Keith was more into the New Tech than most us 'old timers'. He just still had an appreciation for the older analog machines and what they could still do in the rite situation and the Nostalgia using one can bring.
November 15, 2021 04:19PM
It's Not that one disagrees,it's How one disagrees.
November 15, 2021 05:03PM
HUH???----I thought I was wrong once but it turned out I was mistaken!!!---How yah doin doc?----Somebody smile---your face won't break! smiling smiley---doc holiday Wrote:
> It's Not that one disagrees,it's How one disagrees
> .
November 15, 2021 08:50PM
Hey guys, been a while posting here also.
Good to have y'all back again and read your posts, even if there is some bickering going on. Where is everyone else? Good to hear from tnsharpshooter and Cal Cobra, goodmore,Ski, Bill,doc, DP+OR too.

I miss the old forum. We can't all agree on everything and like doc holiday stated.. .. "It's Not that one disagrees,it's How one disagrees." I can be guilty of that big time, but I have an excuse, I'm from Philly lol. I remember Tom D calling me "brash" once. Had to ask my wife on that one and she said Tom was right. lol

Calabash, I believe you do have a fan base going on here, me included. Diving for relics takes a lot of gumption and love for the hobby. Keep posting and relish the bashing . . .I get a kick out of it, again, Philly boys play it as a game. . .hard to understand, I know.

Comparing an analog to a high tech digital is like comparing a hand say to a circular saw. . . they both get the job done. You can't make a circular saw sing like a hand saw but which one would you use to make life easier?

The old timers that have been detecting for 100years fell in love with the old analogs. . . they were the Mack Daddy's of their day. Bashing someones love will stir some shi7. Never the less, that's where all this got effed up way back, and the forum lost Keith because he is not confrontational and would rather not argue what he knows from all his thousands of hours testing and in he field experience.

I miss Keith also, the man has southern charm and is a true gentleman. I'm not sure what forums he posts on because I only go to one other. Keith' if you read this, come on back now ya hear.

Very important for TomD to install his detecting experiences and knowledge on here also. Sometimes he's above my head but if I read his posts over and over I can get a gist and often understand most of it.

Lets get this forum back up and running like it use to be, or better. . . it was fun, . . . adios gents.
November 15, 2021 11:06PM
ozzie good to see ya back!

With everything else going on these days, detecting is the last thing we should be arguing about in my opinion. It's like arguing that a Ford is better then a Chevy, I mean we all know the Ford is a superior product, yet there are those that would argue otherwise smiling smiley Just kidding, hey I have deep respect for the analog crowd. Most of the folks I hunt with cut their teeth with knobs and levers, and some still use them (Tesoros for example are still popular in my circle for hunting iron patches). I cut my teeth on a Fisher Coin$trike. Hell of a machine, except it was highly susceptible to EMI. My favorite oldie is the CZ-70 Pro.

At any rate, would love to see Keith back smileys with beer
November 16, 2021 04:24AM
I still use my analog Musketeer Advantage, it is one of my deepest detectors and with a small TS800 coil on it it will rival the new detectors in unmasking. Just sayin. believe it or not.
November 16, 2021 09:16AM
coinspader Wrote:
> I still use my analog Musketeer Advantage, it is o
> ne of my deepest detectors and with a small TS800
> coil on it it will rival the new detectors in unma
> sking. Just sayin. believe it or not.
I believe it, because I have used a number of the Musketeers and they always amazed me.
November 16, 2021 09:45AM
Ill be using my Sovereign GT on the beach this weekend. The Equinox is staying home. I expect to be forced into the dry sand because of the colder temps. Dry sand equals bottle caps. The Sovereign deals with them so much better.
November 16, 2021 10:50AM
I've been getting out only because RodPa keeps finding some real nice old coinage with his 800. If I don't get out there, he is going to sop up all the goodies and there won't be anything left. I've been detecting with the 8000 w/ 12" coil, exclusively. It's a strange little beast. Just when you wonder about it, you dig some deep silver or a large cent and then happiness sets back in. Rodman has been spanking me lately at a couple places we go. I think he has a competition thing going on because, I'm never late and when I get to the hunting spot, he's already out in the field digging and finding something. lol. Friendly stuff and enjoyable.

Calabash or whoever gets a Deus-II. .. keep us posted on its workings, appreciated. I may need a sim multi freq detector to keep up with Rodman, my butt cheeks are getting sore. lol
November 17, 2021 12:33AM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> All of these shiny reports are all well & good!---
> ---Now---How do we get Keith back on this forum???