Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

NOKTA MAKRO SMF LIVE LAUNCH!

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
NOKTA MAKRO SMF LIVE LAUNCH!
October 29, 2021 08:43PM
SMF LIVE LAUNCH
November 19, 2021 @18:00 (GMT+3)
Tune in LIVE on NOVEMBER 19TH FRIDAY at 6pm (GMT+3) / 10am EST for the launch of NOKTA MAKRO’s NEW SIMULTANEOUS MULTI FREQUENCY (SMF) METAL DETECTOR and TO GET A CHANCE TO WIN ONE!

[www.noktadetectors.com]
JCR
Re: NOKTA MAKRO SMF LIVE LAUNCH!
October 30, 2021 11:53AM
Thank you for the notification. I am looking forward to it.

Chris
October 30, 2021 03:04PM
NICE to see it launching.
Need a replacement for my NOX now that the warranty is done.

http://treasureterrain.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2021 07:00PM by GreenMeanie.
October 30, 2021 06:09PM
Look forward to the launch.
October 31, 2021 12:39PM
One detector we have been waiting for!!!thumbs down

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
November 03, 2021 07:56AM
Exciting Times .... >grinning smiley<
JCR
November 03, 2021 10:08PM
I really would like to see Nokta Makro produce a users manual for their new SMF machine that gives users the needed understanding & insight into the operation, capabilities & characteristics of the detector. They have already spent an enormous amount to get it to launch. A worthy operators manual would not cost much money, just the time & effort to write it thoughtfully by some one who really knows it inside & out. Even a Advanced Techniques Supplement in some form would be appreciated. I think their Flagship detector deserves it. I suggest this because the Anfibio is such a capable detector and it's manual only hints at the basics and offers no real guidance on higher level performance in the field. Trial & error works but more expert information would be much better. I learned much more from Tom D's thread on the Impact than I did from the owners manual.

Chris
November 06, 2021 12:59AM
Cant wait to test it out!
November 10, 2021 11:18PM
Tom, are you helping develop the new Nokta SMF? Do you have one? I'm curious to know how it compares to the Equinox and Tarsacci. How about the new XP Deus-2? What are your thoughts and comments? I'm surprise no one is asking. Is Minelab doing anything? I remember you saying something like - The Equinox was always targeted as a midline, mid priced unit.
November 11, 2021 01:41AM
I think a lot of water hunters are looking to replace there Equinox. Mine has been used for 3 years in lakes and is time for a replacement.
November 11, 2021 03:07AM
Kingfish........ No. I do not have a Nokta SMF........and I was not involved in its development. But Dilek had promised to send me one......over a year ago...... and she reiterated this sentiment..... about 5-months ago. She is rock-solid with her word.
As far as ... how it compares to the EQX or Tarsacci.......,,,,,,,,,,, it is my speculation that the Nokta SMF will perform almost/nearly identical to the performance of the EQX. Keep in mind.....this is Nokta/Makro first entrant into the World of SMF. SAME goes for the Deus-II. First time into SMF. There is one thing that both companies are 'aware of' ......... yet.......... this is where my 'uncertainty' presides: Sensitivity to low conductors (especially small gold jewelry) whilst in a wet-salt environment. BOTH companies have the intellect; yet, I'm uncertain as to their success. The good thing is: both companies build rather 'solid' units.
My gut tells me....... both of these new SMF units will not acquire a U.S. Nickel/coin/ring-sized targets ....to the depths the Tarsacci ascertains. ( I hope I'm wrong! )........(((I'm ready for 'revolutionary' technological advancement!!!))).

I'm not at free will to say what we are doing at Minelab. To state the worn-out cliche: Minelab is FAR from 'sleeping' is an understatement.........but really doesn't say anything either. Yes...... the Equinox was targeted as a mid-line, mid-priced unit. Fill in the blanks.

More to say. Out of time.
November 11, 2021 08:57PM
Looking forward to it as well. One thing we can be sure of with Minelab it will leak. lol
November 11, 2021 10:39PM
Been using the same Nox from release, still all good.

ShovelNose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking forward to it as well. One thing we can be
> sure of with Minelab it will leak. lol
November 14, 2021 04:16PM
Seems your exception to the rule but there are other ML models as well and they all leaked from the start, but old worn discussion.
November 19, 2021 03:54PM
Dilek and crew did a good presentation/launch of their new SMF unit called "The LEGEND".
It's electronics/tools/package/features look nearly identical to the EQX-800.

Performance? = Unknown (yet)...... until folks start to receive them.
Looks like Distributors will receive them next month (December).
Unit is in a Simplex housing......with same weight.......and 3-Meters (10-feet) waterproof.
6" & 11" DD coils available. ((( 13" will become available ))).
8 - 20 hours battery life expectancy (Low freq's eat batteries. High freq's conserve batteries).
11" DD coil is standard. Bluetooth headphones standard. Optional pigtail to connect hardwired phones.
November 19, 2021 03:58PM
2 Year Warranty no thanks and that price.
It would have to KILL the NOX in performance for me to want to buy it.
November 19, 2021 04:01PM
A 2-year warranty for a Waterproof/Underwater unit....... is average/above-average.....for most detector Mfr's.
Dilek stating that U.S. Dollar price will be about $635.00 for the LEGEND.
November 19, 2021 04:03PM
I thought they said around $799.00 will have to rewatch the video I guess.

From another FORUM:
Basic pack -- 11" coil, BT headphones. ($750 msrp) est $630 retail
Pro pack -- 11" coil, 6" coil, BT headphones, spare battery. ($899 msrp) est $765 retail

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2021 04:10PM by GreenMeanie.
November 19, 2021 04:10PM
Wish you had one tom
November 19, 2021 05:14PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> A 2-year warranty for a Waterproof/Underwater unit
> ....... is average/above-average.....for most dete
> ctor Mfr's.
> Dilek stating that U.S. Dollar price will be about
> $635.00 for the LEGEND.

That price is comparable to an Equinox 600. I would need a compelling reason to buy this machine, such as vastly superior performance or complementary performance. I doubt that's what the Legend offers. I think it should be priced more like a Vanquish than an Equinox.
November 19, 2021 05:21PM
As usual, Dilek was awesome! It looks like a very good addition to the market at the price/performance level. Of course we won't know performance until it is in hand, but with the past performance of their products I believe it will be a solid performer. The new XP unit will be out soon too. I don't think they will chase the current leaders out of their positions, who knows? We live in interesting times!!!

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 19, 2021 07:21PM
For $635 or Pro Pack for a little bit more with the extra small coil (they should include a backpack, that would be awesome!!).

For $635, if it performs on par, doesn't even have to be better, but on par with the EQX600 it will be a good deal. Slightly more than a Vanquish, yet less then the EQX.

Bottle cap rejection!!

5 single freqs: 4, 10, 15, 20, 40kHz

True AM mode(?)

Adjustable:
    [*] ...
    Freq shift & noise cancel for EMI reduction
    Recovery speed
    Volume
    Tones - 60 polyphonic tones, can modify number of tones, tone volume, tone freq, tone breaks, threshold level and pitch.
    Custom user profile: four custom search profiles!!
    Backlight
    Vibration
    LED flashlight
    Bluetooth - comes w/LL BT headphones!! Can use wired headphones with an optional adaptor (why?).
    Time tracker and clock
    GB: auto, manual and tracking
    Online firmware update capable
    [*] ...

Price:
Legend Wireless headphone package MSRP E749/$749US (street price around $635)
Pro Pack E899/$899US - BT headphones, 11" stock coil AND the 6" coil and user replaceable battery and charger.

SMF: Different freq for beach and park modes, each mode has two different modes like the EQX.

Ferrocheck: new feature to ID modern trash such as bottle caps

Weight about the same as the Simplex!!

Battery life affected by frequency used, between 8-20 hours, average ~ 12 hours. 2 year warranty.

Coils: 6", 11", 13"

User manual available around the beginning of December
JCR
November 19, 2021 07:39PM
I like what I saw, though the presentation seems to have been interrupted. Is polyphonic tones what Minelabs sound like? That would take some getting used to for me.

Chris
November 19, 2021 11:13PM
I'm not sure I would compare it to a EQX-600. The Legend has a Prospecting Mode........ and the EQX-600 does not. The EQX-800 DOES have a Prospecting Mode.
November 19, 2021 11:49PM
JCR Wrote:
> I like what I saw, though the presentation seems t
> o have been interrupted. Is polyphonic tones what
> Minelabs sound like? That would take some getting
> used to for me.

I could be mistaken. The only manufacturer in the past to use this term polyphonic tones is AKA detectors. I personally owned and used both Aka Sorex and Signum. Both of these detectors indeed had some of the best audio I have ever heard on a metal detector. So maybe just maybe the folks at Nokta Makro have tried make the Legend sound somewhat like the aka models.
This term polyphonic tones is talked about in the manual for both aka models mentioned above.
One can do google search and find manuals and read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2021 12:00AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 20, 2021 12:00AM
I agree on the AKA tones being some of the best I have ever heard.
November 20, 2021 12:13AM
So far only thing wrong with Legend detector model is......it don't have a big ole RED X on the faceplate. grinning smileygrinning smiley:grinning smileygrinning smileyI
Seriously seems for just $35 more one can buy Legend over vista X.
Lordy.
One gets wireless headphones, lithium battery. Screen, SMF, and multiple select singe freq. Waterproofing. Flashlight, vibration, update capability.
So a lot for 35 bucks if one gets the Legend.
Wonder where ole Ziggy is btw?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2021 12:21AM by tnsharpshooter.
November 20, 2021 12:22AM
Whatever settings could be there to help alleviate crown bottle caps, I would beware : Machines that have had such settings (or options you choose from, to help knock them out) can have the downside of "muffling" stuff you want.

So before simply taking the factory preset bottle cap rejects, I would play with it , WITHOUT that reject control setting. And see if suspected bottle caps react differently, to different swing speeds. Eg.: a momentary faster and slower clip over the target: How does it react on what ends up being bottle caps versus what ends up being a conductor ?

This was VERY PRONOUNCED back in the 6000d and 6db days. And admittedly , since machines have slowed WAY DOWN, that this phenomenon of ID method is WAY LESS pronounced. But still, there could be subtle clues you could use, without having to use a setting which might dull the responses.

JMHO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2021 12:24AM by Tom_in_CA.
November 20, 2021 12:41AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> I'm not sure I would compare it to a EQX-600. The
> Legend has a Prospecting Mode........ and the EQX-
> 600 does not. The EQX-800 DOES have a Prospecting
> Mode.

I was comparing it more from a price perspective in that context, but yes I agree it's more targeted at the EQX800 which is great!!

I cannot wait to see this get into trusted hands so we can see what it's capable of smileys with beer
JCR
November 20, 2021 02:10AM
TNSS... I hope your right about the tones. I already think the tonal quality of my Anfibio is very informative. I also already have a big red X that I like very well but it is more of a specialty machine, but gets a lot of use because it is very effective. The Legend for me would be for general purpose. It would be my first multifreqency detector. I am looking forward to seeing what difference it will make on my sites. I put myself on a dealer's pre order list today for the Pro Pack unit.

Chris