Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D no longer available?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D no longer available?
November 08, 2021 02:21PM
I saw this on another forum that not available on Fisher's website? Did they quit making them,anyone hear anything?
I hope not as my all-time fave detector, had one since first day available.
I remember when Tom was testing prototype reading about it with great anticipation.
Re: CZ-3D no longer available?
November 08, 2021 04:07PM
Hopefully it's being replaced. I hunted a lot with a CZ5. I liked that needle display. It found me a lot of IH's.
November 08, 2021 05:26PM
there seems to be quite a few FT machines that are no longer available .. I'm hoping that's to make room for something bigger and better
November 09, 2021 10:07AM
The CZ3D looked like a replica of an antique. They should have replaced it over a decade ago. It would be great if Fisher came out with a whole new line of CZs. The place CZs really shine is on the beach.
November 09, 2021 03:59PM
Badger in NH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The CZ3D looked like a replica of an antique. They
> should have replaced it over a decade ago. It woul
> d be great if Fisher came out with a whole new lin
> e of CZs. The place CZs really shine is on the bea
> ch.

To Me that is part of the charm though as everything else nowadays looks like a smartphone on a stick.
November 09, 2021 04:12PM
Each to his own I guess Harold.----I never did like the CZs--they were so cumbersome & unbalanced.---Love the look/performance of these new sleek/streamlined detectors.----Time marches on (in the progression).----As Mohammed Ali once said "father time waits for no one"!. Harold,ILL. Wrote:
> Badger in NH Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The CZ3D looked like a replica of an antique. Th
> ey
> > should have replaced it over a decade ago. It wo
> ul
> > d be great if Fisher came out with a whole new l
> in
> > e of CZs. The place CZs really shine is on the b
> ea
> > ch.
>
> To Me that is part of the charm though as everythi
> ng else nowadays looks like a smartphone on a stic
> k.
November 09, 2021 05:04PM
To be honest the weight and balance of CZ's never bothered me like the Explorer's and Etrac's though?
November 10, 2021 12:35AM
Never tried a CZ3D (always wanted to) but have used a CZ5, CZ6a and a CZ70. Great detectors.
November 10, 2021 08:27AM
I remember the magazine ads for the CZ70. I think it said you could get 80 hours from a set of batteries. I really wanted one but didn't have the money.
November 17, 2021 06:15PM
Over the years I've had at least one of the several CZ models (except 20/21) and still have 2 3Ds I am emotionally attached to. I still find Tom's beach hunting DVDs inspiring (I think he is using a CZ5) calling hits like a master psychic. But I am using the new stuff and looking forward to the Deus 2 coming soon to a beach near me! At 71 my ability to swing has declined to where ergonomics are much more crucial in which detector I can use and I hope to find the super light Deus extend my 'hobby' a few more years. I am hoping it will equal (exceed??) the performance of my 800 and 8000. Here's hoping 2022 will be a better year!
PastTom

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 21, 2021 03:24PM
There is still a market for simple, old-school analog detectors. I believe Fisher could have sold more CZ3Ds had they been selective about components and equaled the performance of the early 1021 units.

I recently put an old Tesoro Silver Sabre and ML Etrac out for our annual garage sale. The Tesoro sold in one hour. No one even looked at the Etrac.
November 21, 2021 04:52PM
go-rebels Wrote:
> There is still a market for simple, old-school ana
> log detectors. I believe Fisher could have sold m
> ore CZ3Ds had they been selective about components
> and equaled the performance of the early 1021 unit
> s.
>
> I recently put an old Tesoro Silver Sabre and ML E
> trac out for our annual garage sale. The Tesoro s
> old in one hour. No one even looked at the Etrac.

I sent you a PM about the Etrac.