Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

???? new releases ????

Posted by ScoTTT2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
???? new releases ????
November 18, 2021 02:03PM
With the long awaited new releases from NM and XP in mind .. are we about to see new tech? .. or two companies' best efforts to keep up with existing tech? .. a step up or a step forward ... does anyone think that the bone conductive head set from XP could be or is the beginnings of a heads up display? .. one where a detectorist would don glasses instead of head phones (so far I've heard no one talk about this).. and if this is new tech of some form, is it revolutionary .. or the revolutionary edge of advancement needed for the next big leap forward in detectors?
Re: ???? new releases ????
November 18, 2021 04:58PM
While a goggle/head-up display is a very novel idea......... it certainly does not add more depth performance, bad mineralization handling, better iron handling abilities....... greater sensitivity to small gold jewelry..........etc.............. It would add a 'different twist' to the human-interface communication intelligence of a detector. I proposed this idea/concept to 2 different Mfr's. One......5-years ago.......and the other, 3-years ago. I may have even mentioned it on this forum........a few years ago. This concept is still bouncing around. It is not a dead issue. XP is high on the list for actually carrying out....and implementing such intent/technology.
November 18, 2021 06:31PM
I have watched reviews on the bone conductive headphones by swimmers on youtube. They claimed they worked even better underwater as far as the hearing part goes. As for above the water that will be very interesting with the outside noise.
November 18, 2021 06:41PM
Thanks Tom .. the two things I took from XP's ad for the Deus II were, I think they checked all the boxes and a bone conductive headset would be cool on my glasses .. my thoughts evolved from there.
November 18, 2021 08:47PM
Bone conduction headphones have been around for quite a while. White's used it on a 1970s Amphibian.

A heads-up display has probably been batted around by all the detector companies; I know that we discussed it at White's and at FTP. And a HUD was implemented on a metal detector by (I think) OKM in Germany maybe 10 yrs ago. Most likely whatever you can do with a HUD you will still want headphones to hear with. So take your favorite metal detector and ask yourself, "How much more would I be willing to pay for a HUD?" If the answer isn't at least $1000 then you aren't in the market for a HUD.
November 18, 2021 09:17PM
Thanks Geotech .. I didn't know any of this.
November 18, 2021 09:47PM
Carl....... how is FTP doing???
November 18, 2021 10:36PM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carl....... how is FTP doing???

We have great new products on the way, with some very impressive new features, using innovative new technology. Lightweight, waterproof, wireless, and color displays. That's what I wish I could say.
November 19, 2021 12:49AM
((( That's what has me DEEPLY concerned. )))
November 19, 2021 05:57PM
How about a metal detecting drone that searches an area and maps out all the detected targets for me to dig?