Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is the Legend just a cloned Equinox?

Posted by calabash digger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Is the Legend just a cloned Equinox?
December 01, 2021 03:22PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ya'll got Dilek fired up about this copying talk.
> She did a whole video rant about it on their Faceb
> ook page but the points she brought up about it, t
> otally missed what people are saying.
>
> Her biggest point was insinuating that the copy ta
> lk was just on the Legend being a SMF machine. Mos
> t people already knew that other manufacturers hav
> e SMF machines. That wasn't what people are refere
> ncing when it comes to the copying. It has more t
> o do with the looks, mode names, and even the repl
> ication of the Minelab tones.
>
> That has been the thing with Makro. Up to this poi
> nt they have largely followed what everybody else
> already had on the market and just made their vers
> ion of that. I don't guess there's anything wrong
> with that but what people are calling them out for
> now is lack of originality. If you're going to be
> a leader in the industry, give us something we've
> not seen anything like...something that the compet
> ition will want to make copies of. That's how you
> know you've became a leader. It's easy to be a fol
> lower...just wait on the leader to make a move and
> copy that. Makro never has gotten to that point w
> here other manufacturers are copying their designs
> .

Minelab copied the Quest design, so I'm assuming Quest set the bar for what people want. Kinda hard to point out the Legend resembles the equinox when the equinox resembles the Quest,which made that design before the equinox was thought of.
And I know someone will jump in and say Quest stole the T2 software,, but that's not what I'm saying.,,I'm talking physical appearance design and that minelab copied the overall appearance from Quest to build the Equinox.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2021 08:31PM by Woodbutcher.
December 03, 2021 02:19AM
Here you go Daniel

[m.youtube.com]
December 03, 2021 03:42PM
Front end looks like a Dodge Ram.
December 04, 2021 05:48AM
Good point, Calabash. I was really turned off by the trash talking Nokta/Makro was doing about Minelab. I am not a brand specific hunter, and use multiple machines from various manufacturers. It will be interesting to see how the device performs, but I doubt it will outperform the ML, IMO. The video release had way too many slams of the competition directly and I just thought it had an overall distasteful disposition to it. It would have been nice to have seen a more professional release video, without the constant jabs. They could have chosen to simply highlight the items and let that stand on its own merits. We will have to see how it does side by side. For the video, I just thought it made N/M look “cheap”.
December 04, 2021 07:01AM
Interesting to see the defense of the humble company that claimed [often, early and loudly] that their product will make all other companies products obsolete.

What difference does it makes if companies get testy with each other, unless one requires cultured humanitarians to buy products from ?
December 04, 2021 02:17PM
Yall are acting like I'm the only one that has said anything about an imitation.

Go check out the social media pages. The talk about it being an imitation/copy has vastly overshadowed any talk about features, or it being a new machine. Thus prompting the videos from Dilek. It's not me. I don't have a dog in their race. From the outside looking in, all I can say is, it's sort of ironic to blast Minelab like they did; and even use it in their intro video...only for their competitor machine to be basically a clone of what they are blasting. It wasn't a Quest in the video. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and name it the Xon (That's Nox spelled backwards for you short bus riders).
December 04, 2021 02:34PM
Maybe they'll retrofit it with a banana shape and pink polkadots to really distinguish it from the crowd !

As has already been pointed out, the ML design is copied from Quest, for that matter Deus was years ahead of M with this form factor, what really counts is within and its pointless to speculate about something that is pending release.
December 04, 2021 02:50PM
That's why I said on page 2 of this discussion about the Deus being the leader in that regard. The Equinox IMO was Minelab's machine to compete with the Deus.

Ya'll really do pick and choose what you want to read.
December 04, 2021 03:23PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's why I said on page 2 of this discussion abo
> ut the Deus being the leader in that regard. The E
> quinox IMO was Minelab's machine to compete with t
> he Deus.
>
> Ya'll really do pick and choose what you want to r
> ead.

Ok so you said it, and I just said it again, so we agree.
I have owned both machines so naturally I have noticed. Simplex is the same form factor as well, along with the new Garrett which distinguishes itself by being yellow.

I read your comments a few days ago, guess I didn't permanently store it in my mind. Kind of lost interest when this thread turned into a whats the best SUV debate, glad to see it veering back on topic anyhow
December 04, 2021 04:34PM
I would just hope if we were all together chit-chatten, we wouldn't be rude and talk over each other like women do. lol. You guys say some funny stuff, especially DanelTn, Xon,short bus riders,. . hilarious!