Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CHECKING IN

Posted by Nokta Detectors 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: CHECKING IN
November 24, 2021 08:10PM
The rest of the questions are too technical for me..I will check with the engineers/testers and respond to those that are NOT confidential.
November 24, 2021 08:29PM
THe other questions - I will check with engineers and field testers and will respond to those that are NOT confidential.
November 24, 2021 08:50PM
Hi Dilek, I own 2 of your detectors and love them, I had one service issue on a coil 5 years ago, and it was promply taken care of by you. Very satisfied with you, and your products.
One question about the legend. I heard you say on your demonstation that EMI disappears at the touch of a button. Is it an automatic frequency shift? Thank you.
November 24, 2021 09:20PM
Nokta Detectors Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ghound Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > A guy asked you on FB if it was better than a No
> x
> > in any department in terms of performance, you s
> ai
> > d it was.
> > Can you tell us what it's better at?
>
>
> Ghound, come on... you have been criticizing every
> device this company put out...everything we do...
> for a few years now on this forum.
> Do you think I really take this as a real naive qu
> estion? Regardless of my answer, your mind is set.
> ..and since you are not my potential customer, why
> bother? In addition, I deleted my message to that
> guy and wrote that I want the answer to come from
> the actual users. Because he had the same mindset
> and was making fun of the product and bashing it r
> ight and left.
> Or how about this, like you are making fun of it..
> . we put a clock and an LED!
> I am here to respond to people who are REALLY inte
> rested, not people who have been bashing every sin
> gle thing we did in this industry, sorry.

Best reply I've seen in awhile
November 24, 2021 11:42PM
Hi Dilek,

#1. Will the Simplex waterproof headphones work with the Legend?
#2. Will the Legend's control buttons light up like those on the Simplex?

Thank you.

Lonnie / Florida
November 25, 2021 10:28AM
possum mo Wrote:
> Hi Dilek, I own 2 of your detectors and love them
> , I had one service issue on a coil 5 years ago, a
> nd it was promply taken care of by you. Very satis
> fied with you, and your products.
> One question about the legend. I heard you say on
> your demonstation that EMI disappears at the touch
> of a button. Is it an automatic frequency shift?
> Thank you.

Hi! Thank you! I do not remember saying at the touch of a button but it is pretty easy... It has 13 frequency shifts as well as an automatic one that people mostly refer to it as noice cancellation.
November 25, 2021 10:29AM
VBLonnie Wrote:
> Hi Dilek,
>
> #1. Will the Simplex waterproof headphones work w
> ith the Legend?
> #2. Will the Legend's control buttons light up li
> ke those on the Simplex?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Lonnie / Florida

Yes they will work with the Legend and the buttons do not light up because they are different than those on the Legend.
November 26, 2021 07:52AM
JCR Wrote:
> Dilek, Thankyou for the opportunity to ask some pe
> rtinent questions.
>
> Can we expect the new Legend to be less effected b
> y EMI than the Anfibio series?
>
> Does Alper & the other Engineers feel the target I
> D tone & VDI have been improved in high mineral gr
> ound &/or at fringe depth?
>
> Are Concentric coils a possibility in the future?(
> the KR18C is outstanding)
>
> Will we be able to Save any adjustments made to th
> e Pre set modes? In addition to the 4 User custom
> modes.
>
> The tones sound very good.
> I hope the new Legend makes my Anfibio Multi my ba
> ckup general purpose machine.
>
> Thank you again. I know you are busy.

Hello Chris...checked with the testers and engineers (Alper is not on this project btw, working on another)...

Now when in single frequencies yes it will be affected less by EMI. Multi mode will be more prone to EMI compared to single freq (and that is to be expected) ..that is why we have the frequency shifts and noise cancellation.

Yes, the VDI has been imroved and the tones get softer as you hit a target at fringe depth.

The device will save all last used settings apart from user profiles.

Concentric coils - to my knowledge we have not worked on this .... we are asking customers what type of additional coils they would like to see and we we may work on a couple of more extra coils based on the customers' responses...

Hope this helps...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2021 07:54AM by Nokta Detectors.
November 26, 2021 07:58AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
> Dilek....... I am still SO impressed with the Nokt
> a/Makro Impacts ability to pick high-conductive co
> ins out of thick trash........and fairly easily. A
> djacent target separation characteristics are real
> ly good. Does the new SMF have this same (or bette
> r) ability over the Impact.,.,.,.,.,.,., or is it
> a requirement to switch out of Simultaneous....and
> use a single frequency?
> When you turn the unit 'off'...... are all of your
> settings 'saved'?

Hello!! I would say yes, given the fact that you now have a recovery speed adjustment in your hand versus pre-set recovery speeds on the Impact...It is not a requirement to switch out of multi but there will be conditions where you will see an advantage in switching multi to single OR VICE VERSA. If single fequencies offered no advantage under any circumstance, they would not be included in there to begin with.
And yes the devices saves the last used settings.
November 26, 2021 08:01AM
vfp7 Wrote:
> Hello.
> Nevertheless, I would venture to ask technical que
> stions, the answer to which will give a clearer pi
> cture of what to expect from the new product.
> 1. What is the minimum frequency in the detector w
> hen operating in multi-frequency mode?
> 2. How much can this low frequency be offset throu
> gh interference cancellation?
> 3. Does ground tracking in multi-frequency mode wo
> rk on the basis of one frequency, or is it based o
> n information from several frequencies?
> 4. In the multi-frequency mode, are data processed
> from any of several frequencies (for example, from
> three), or something else?
> 5. How does the Fer-Cond function work? Based on w
> hat data does this function work, and how accurate
> is it?
> 6. Does the Salt Beach mode cut the salt signal, o
> r does it use multiple frequencies to isolate the
> gold signals?

Hi there... I answered all other questions but the answers to your questions would be opening up the coding of the software so I apologize but all these answers must stay confidential.
November 27, 2021 12:01AM
Note:

2 pages so far and I have learned nothing! Salt Beach performance with moving wave wash is what I will keep my eye on.
Will wait for the testers.
November 27, 2021 12:35AM
Hello,
Any idea when we will start seeing videos from the testers?
JCR
November 27, 2021 02:03AM
Dilek, Thank you for all the replies and answering my questions as well. It all sounds encouraging to me as a very pleased Anfibio user. I am glad I have place a pre order for the new Legend. I am looking forward to receiving it.

Chris
Question on weight...........
November 27, 2021 04:39PM
Hi Dilek,
I have owned the Multi Kruzer, the Anfibio and the Simplex+WHP. As far as how well all of the detectors performed, they were great. My favorite was the Multi Kruzer, by far. However, I was greatly hampered by the detectors (all three) being too nose heavy. At 71 years old, I just could not use any of rhe detectors for more than around an hour before I had to stop detecting because I thought my arm might fall off! I ended up selling all three. I won't say what detector I have now, but will say it is much less lighter and has very lottle nose weight. If the Ledend is less nose heavy than the Simplex+, I will certainly look into the purchase. My question is 'Is the Legend less nose heavy than the Simplex+? I know for a fact that that being nose heavy is a big problem with a lot of us older guys that detect.
Re: Question on weight...........
November 29, 2021 04:05AM
I recall something that the coils will be lighter.
If you look at the coils, they way they are designed they look thinner.
If that's the case, they probably used less potting epoxy, saving weight.
They may have even used lighter weight potting epoxy with lightweight saving filler.

If this is all true, the Legend should balance much better than the Simplex.
Especially when paired with a carbon fiber lower rod.
Without having a Legend to handle ....
Maybe Dilek can comment........

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 01, 2021 06:57PM
Hi Dilek,

I would like to know if the controller is removeable with a screw in the back of the handle like the Simplex.

Send me an email if you would like.
wildwoodgallery4@gmail.com

Thank you,
Rick
December 06, 2021 04:19PM
With target ID being from 01-60 what part of that is Iron?
December 07, 2021 04:12PM
I can't seem to find the minelab home office response thread---could someone direct me.
December 07, 2021 07:35PM
ShovelNose Wrote:
> With target ID being from 01-60 what part of that
> is Iron?

Ten
December 07, 2021 11:14PM
D&P-OR Wrote:
> ShovelNose Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > With target ID being from 01-60 what part of tha
> t
> > is Iron?
>
> Ten

It would be cool if they expanded the iron ID on one of their relic modes. They made the relic detector that Keith Southern and Monte were instrumental in testing that was a great machine, they're all pretty good for relic hunting IMHO. I like that their audio is hugely customizable, as are break points, the adjustable iron audio, frequency pitch (I like cranking it higher so high conductive squeakers really pop out when hunting trashy iron infested sites. Their light and fast, and you cannot beat the price.
JCR
January 02, 2022 03:59AM
What are the thoughts of everyone now that we have had time to read the preliminary Users Manual? Hopefully NM is still considering input from the testers & keeping up with the comments on this forum. Hopefully NASA Tom is still to receive a Legend for evaluation. Keith Southern too. Can hardly wait for CalCobra to post a real hunt.
I'm fairly pleased in reading about it so far. I'm missing the Notch Tone & volume that was on previous models & also a Mineralization scale. VCO only available in Goldfield? No mode option for relics with lower frequency based on Goldfield?

Chris
January 02, 2022 02:02PM
Chris,

Yes
Yes and
Yes
to your first three questions/concerns.

(((And...... I'm not sure Nokta/Makro could ever turn a blind-eye to the publics requests/concerns))).
JCR
January 02, 2022 05:01PM
That is reassuring.
I have been trying to work up some possible custom user profiles for the different modes. Still need TIDs for the various multi offerings & single frequencies to gage consistency across the board. Hopefully some insight to each modes weighting & filtering goals from NM. The better to set up for various conditions & get the best potential from the machine. It's fun to plan out. I think it is going to be an excellent unit.

Chris
January 02, 2022 07:20PM
Back to an early question on 3rd party coils. Is there protection against home made or 3rd party coils? I realize you can partner with a coil firm but they may not think doing a Bigfoot type coil is mainstream (or as easy) - thus no such coil on a discriminating salt water capable detector today.
January 03, 2022 02:02AM
Back to an early question on 3rd party coils. Is there protection against home made or 3rd party coils? I realize you can partner with a coil firm but they may not think doing a Bigfoot type coil is mainstream (or as easy) - thus no such coil on a discriminating salt water capable detector today.
January 03, 2022 03:10PM
As detector technology becomes more technologically advanced....... it is becoming more difficult to create aftermarket coils. Especially with SMF. The integrated circuitry inside the coil of a SMF unit is indeed a bit more technical; and............... unless................ the Mfr is willing to 'release' its I.P. to an aftermarket Mfr.......... it is nearly impossible.
January 03, 2022 03:52PM
Making an A/D board for such a purpose is not beyond some detectorists capability. Several on Geotech up to the task as long as no lockout present.
Does the Legend have a complex coil circuit though….
January 03, 2022 03:56PM
For proprietary protection........ that would be a question that Dilek would need to address.
January 03, 2022 03:59PM
There is foxmd.ru that claims to cut out the circuit card and externalize it for the Equinox. I haven’t come across anyone here in the states that has purchased it though.
January 03, 2022 06:36PM
Believe me!!!!!.......... If a manufacturer could build a 'magic' (miracle) coil for their unit........ it would be done!!! EACH Mfr REALLY wants to be the 'trump-card' of the industry.
And.........if anyone understands the electronic-platform the best...... it would be the Chief Design Engineer and the entire design team. (This is to say......... Mfr's know every finite detail about their 'baby'.

BUT...... I DO have a small caveat (reservation). IF a Mfr ONLY builds coils.,.,.,.,.,.,., there is a possibility for that Mfr to possibly have a paradigm-shift mindset conceptual notion for a 'magic' coil. (( But that coil Mfr..... must be 'spot-on' with inductive & capacitive: impedance/resistance/reactance for THAT specific unit. ))

And ................ to the best of my knowledge................... only Minelab has 'shared' partial IP with (only) one aftermarket coil Mfr...... to independently produce aftermarket coils for ML products.

Keep in mind............ most of today's top-end detectors ...use 'smart-coils'. (In simple terms: electronics INSIDE the coil).